Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Clowney hit by truck... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104063)

infantrycak 02-10-2014 08:56 AM

Clowney hit by truck...

...football career over.

No team offers a trade of any kind.

Who do you take at 1.1?

Blake 02-10-2014 09:06 AM

Re: Clowney hit by truck...

Theodore Bridgewater without a doubt. He will start day 1, practice 1. He has everything you want in a QB. Good character. Smart. Cerebral. Pro style offense. And he will answer all size questions at the combine.

mussop 02-10-2014 09:29 AM

Robinson, Bridgewater, Manziel, Watkins, Barr, Mack are
All in play. Whomever seperates himself the most at combine interviews and private workouts.

Might want to change title and add, hypothetical!!!!

HOU-TEX 02-10-2014 10:13 AM

Clowney's corpse. Because...

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Jadeveon Clowney will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

Marshall 02-10-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2297275)
Clowney's corpse. Because...

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Jadeveon Clowney will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

But $6M is a joke...

Playoffs 02-10-2014 10:28 AM

BPA

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2297234)
Clowney hit by truck...

How's the truck? :truck:

revan 02-10-2014 10:36 AM

Is this a joke? Did something really happen?

Blake 02-10-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revan (Post 2297291)

Optimus Prime found out that Clowney is actually a Deceptacon. He transformed into a Semi and trucked Clowney into oblivion.

Showtime100 02-10-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

No. Hypothetical situation for discussion.

Either that or there are some coooooooold mf'ers up in here. :D

IDEXAN 02-10-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

It's just wishful thinking on Infantrycak part because he really wants Clowney to just go away. See I think he secretly wants to hop on that big Jadeveon-Bandwagon but doesn't want to admit it.

steelbtexan 02-10-2014 11:10 AM

Watkins/Robinson/Barr

infantrycak 02-10-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2297310)
It's just wishful thinking on Infantrycak part because he really wants Clowney to just go away. See I think he secretly wants to hop on that big Jadeveon-Bandwagon but doesn't want to admit it.

No, I would just like to have a discussion of the other players which doesn't devolve into EITHER a Clowney discussion OR a trade discussion. Clowney and trades have been discussed plenty elsewhere.

FYI - I have made very clear, Clowney is off my board due to injury concern - nothing to do with performance or motivation.

PapaL 02-10-2014 11:21 AM

Without "Hypothetical Situation" in the title, I think this title is in VERY poor taste.

TexansFTW 02-10-2014 11:31 AM

Everyone relax. Gracious.

You have to take best QB available.

We don't need a LT, we've got one, that we gave up Joe Flacco to get therefore Robinson and Matthews are out of play.

We don't need a WR, We just spent a 1st last year on one. I get potential Watkins talk if our whole football team was stacked and we wanted to think about the future, but this is obviously not the case for the Houston Texans drafting 1.01. Plus, I don't like WRs unless they are 6'2+ if their QB is not named Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning.

I like Mack, but HECK no will I spend a 1.01 on him.

matts290 02-10-2014 11:34 AM

:vincepalm: :kubepalm: :wadepalm: :toropalm: :facepalm: :hankpalm:

IDEXAN 02-10-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2297323)

FYI - I have made very clear, Clowney is off my board due to injury concern - nothing to do with performance or motivation.

Does that make your Board unique, because I'm not aware of another Draft Board that has completely removed Clowney for any reason, injury or otherwise ?
But if the Texans were to build an offense with a 3rd round pick @ QB (as you suggested elsewhere that the Seahawks have done and which may be a good model for us to emulate), what non-QB would you use our top pick on if not Clowney ?

thunderkyss 02-10-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2297234)
...football career over.

No team offers a trade of any kind.

Who do you take at 1.1?

Sammy Watkins

thunderkyss 02-10-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2297351)
Does that make your Board unique, because I'm not aware of another Draft Board that has completely removed Clowney for any reason, injury or otherwise ?

He's being uncharacteristically contrarian this off-season.

revan 02-10-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake (Post 2297292)
Optimus Prime found out that Clowney is actually a Deceptacon. He transformed into a Semi and trucked Clowney into oblivion.

Bust out the Dyno Bots!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2297296)
No. Hypothetical situation for discussion.

Either that or there are some coooooooold mf'ers up in here. :D

LMAO I see now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2297310)

Ah well, for me its always been the dude on my sig so no biggie.

infantrycak 02-10-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2297351)

Don't know and don't care.

Quote:

But if the Texans were to build an offense with a 3rd round pick @ QB (as you suggested elsewhere that the Seahawks have done and which may be a good model for us to emulate), what non-QB would you use our top pick on if not Clowney ?
I would like to see some discussion without Clowney to narrow in on that decision. That's the point of this thread. The relative merits of Mack, Mosely, Watkins, etc. compared to each other and the QBs is getting lost in the Clowney debate.