Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Ben Roethlisberger? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103895)

Ktexan68 01-25-2014 06:27 PM

Ben Roethlisberger?

Interesting - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Quote:

Teams that WalterFootball.com has heard could be interested in trading for Roethlisberger include the Houston Texans and Arizona Cardinals. The Texans selection at the top of the second round and a 2015 conditional pick could mimic what the Chiefs gave for Alex Smith last year.

badboy 01-25-2014 06:33 PM

Re: Ben Roethlisberger?

I am going to say no thanks for same reasons noted that Steelers don't want to pay him big money

Texn4life 01-25-2014 06:52 PM

I thought conditional picks couldn't be traded? Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about?

infantrycak 01-25-2014 07:17 PM

They heard? - from whom, the scotch they were discussing this over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2290885)
I thought conditional picks couldn't be traded? Or does this guy just not know what he's talking about?

You are thinking compensatory picks which can't be traded. A conditional pick is inherently one which is involved in a trade - it's identity (rd) is determined by certain conditions. So they are suggesting something like 2.1 this year plus a 3rd next year which could become a 2nd if Big Ben has over 3000 passing yards.

Brisco_County 01-25-2014 07:46 PM

The Steelers have prepared no one to replace Roethlisberger. Based on that fact alone, he stays in Pittsburgh.

ThaShark316 01-25-2014 08:17 PM

Zona should be ALL OVER THIS.

Texn4life 01-25-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2290895)

You are thinking compensatory picks which can't be traded. A conditional pick is inherently one which is involved in a trade - it's identity (rd) is determined by certain conditions. So they are suggesting something like 2.1 this year plus a 3rd next year which could become a 2nd if Big Ben has over 3000 passing yards.

You're right....... Man, its being a long week for me.

DBCooper 01-25-2014 08:46 PM

Always liked Ben.

Would be interesting as a temporary measure.

infantrycak 01-25-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2290921)
Always liked Ben.

Would be interesting as a temporary measure.

Heck he would be a pretty long term temporary. He is just about to turn 32.

houstonspartan 01-25-2014 08:58 PM

Ben Roethlisberger?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisco_County (Post 2290903)
The Steelers have prepared no one to replace Roethlisberger. Based on that fact alone, he stays in Pittsburgh.

Was thinking the same thing. He is going nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nero THE zero 01-25-2014 08:58 PM

Pure speculation.

But, I have posted a couple of times before that I would trade 2.01 for Roethlisberger in a heartbeat.

Would be ideal given our current situation (i.e. the age of our "core", available QB's at 1.01, etc.).

And, there was much scuttlebutt earlier this season about the Steelers trading Ben.

As I have stated, though, given the Steelers' finish to this season, you'd have to think they'd be less inclined to trade him.

bhsman 01-25-2014 09:02 PM

I know some people have questioned whether the Texans would even draft a guy like Mettenberger for his sexual battery case; I can't see them trading for Big Ben with those two rape accusations.

Playoffs 01-25-2014 09:05 PM

Rumors posted on the day of the 2013 Draft by same site...

Quote:

In some of the late rumors, WalterFootball.com heard that the Bears are big fans of Desmond Trufant. It makes sense for Chicago to draft corner help as Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings are older veterans. Phil Emery made a similar pick last year when he selected defensive end Shea McClellin despite having some good veterans.
Code:

1/20        Chicago Bears                Kyle Long          G        Oregon       
1/22        Atlanta Falcons                Desmond Trufant CB        Washington

Quote:

Sources told WalterFootball.com that the Cincinnati Bengals are "all in" on Alabama running back Eddie Lacy. It makes sense because the Bengals badly need a feature running back and Lacy is a good scheme fit. He could be an option in the first round or early in the second round.
Code:

2/37        Cincinnati Bengals        Giovani Bernard RB        North Carolina       
2/53        Cincinnati Bengals        Margus Hunt        DE        SMU       
2/61        Green Bay Packers        Eddie Lacy          RB        Alabama

Quote:

A lot has been made about the lack of first-round talent in the 2013 draft class. One general manager is rumored to have said there are only 10-15 picks that are legitimate first-rounders in a traditional year. WalterFootball.com reached out to sources, and they said the number was about 20 in their estimation. Here is a list of the positions and the amount of players at the position that were said to be first-rounders. The specific player is the guess of the author.

Three Wide Receivers - Tavon Austin, Cordarralle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter.http://smileyshack.files.wordpress.c...d-counting.gif
:ahhaha:

DBCooper 01-25-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2290923)

I guess what I meant to say was without drafting a QB to be the "Man" now. Temporary was not really what I wanted to say, been drinking.

We could be successful for 5 years with a guy like Ben.

Allstar 01-25-2014 09:11 PM

Steelers are not giving him up. I'd welcome him for sure though.

Seegara 01-25-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2290895)

You are thinking compensatory picks which can't be traded. A conditional pick is inherently one which is involved in a trade - it's{sic} identity (rd) is determined by certain conditions. So they are suggesting something like 2.1 this year plus a 3rd next year which could become a 2nd if Big Ben has over 3000 passing yards.

No to Roethlisberger. The price is just too high for a QB near the end of his career.

JB 01-25-2014 09:37 PM

Big Ben would be great IF we had a line to protect him and he was healthy, idk if we can achieve either and even we could he's not going anywhere this year

TexanBacker93 01-25-2014 10:27 PM

Giving up 2.1 for Big Ben would make it easier to make a trade with Cleveland and try and get those 2 1st rounders and maybe a 3rd or picks next year. Target a top defensive player and a lineman with those 2 1st rounders and look to provide secondary help in the 3rd.

I'm not saying I would want them to go this route, I haven't thought enough about it to form a strong opinion one way or another, but it does improve the QB play and allows other holes to be filled as well.

eriadoc 01-25-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2290923)

He's an older 32, though. He's taken some hits.

beerlover 01-25-2014 10:36 PM

Texans just need to draft their QB period. They could have drafted Ben. They could have drafted Flacco. They could have drafted Foles (owned both later picks before trading back) ENOUGH! Figure it out boyz on Kirby :swatter: