Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103856)

kiwitexansfan 01-21-2014 04:13 PM

Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech

Scouting Report

I can't help but be intrigued by this guy.

He seems to have such good physical tools, is book smart (graduated already in a real qualification), and only started QBing in college after being recruited as a TE.

I am pro-Bridgewater in the first (or Manziel or Bortles if push came to shove) but I would not be opposed to coming back to Thomas if he was there in the 5th.

Thoughts?

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c191...an-Thomas1.jpg

Marshall 01-21-2014 04:20 PM

Re: Logan Thomas: QB: Virginia Tech

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 2288994)
Scouting Report

He seems to have such good physical tools, is book smart (graduated already in a real qualification), and only started QBing in college after being recruited as a TE.

I am pro-Bridgewater in the first (or Manziel or Bortles if push came to shove) but I would not be opposed to coming back to Thomas if he was there in the 5th.

Thoughts?

If a guy is inexperienced and catching up, then I want a high IQ as well. Otherwise, he'll be gone before he's of any use. He looks like he's worth taking a flyer on in the late rounds.

leebigeztx 01-21-2014 04:44 PM

I would draft him in the 5th and move him to te. As a qb prospect, he's looks good until he actually plays. If he runs a 4.5 40, and performs well in 3 cone and shuttle, I'm moving him to te.

Playoffs 01-21-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

General consensus is he looks awful at Senior Bowl practices so far but will still be overdrafted. Accuracy is on par with this guy's...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/348...l-durham-o.gif

Blake 01-21-2014 05:00 PM

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Dude has been pretty mediocre his entire career. Couldnt even put up points against a horrid Michigan defense in the Sugar bowl a few years back.

Kinda reminds me of Josh Freeman out of K-State. I was shocked when he went 17 overall. Measureables were great, but didnt produce in the Big12.

Like you said, Thomas will probably be overdrafted due to his measureables, but he is not worth more than a project 4th round.

htownfan32 01-21-2014 05:25 PM

Maybe he'll be willing to play TE.

TexansSeminole 01-21-2014 06:07 PM

Wouldn't touch him. He held VT back during his time there IMO.

bOODRO87 01-21-2014 06:09 PM

F*ck and No.

mussop 01-21-2014 06:29 PM

Other than size he has nothing. Probably won't even get drafted.

aussie_texan 01-21-2014 06:31 PM

ill take a flyer on him as an UDFA and thats all. no way do i give up a 5th for him. you can still find quality back ups late in the draft that we sorely need

bah007 01-21-2014 09:04 PM

I have him graded as a 6th rounder and at that I would still only take him if I had an established starter and backup and had time to work with Thomas for a few years before anything other than QB #3 was expected of him.

I would actually have him graded higher as a TE than I do as a QB, just like Colin Klein last year.

NCTexan 01-21-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansSeminole (Post 2289062)
Wouldn't touch him. He held VT back during his time there IMO.

So true.

Though, I don't view that as a bad thing (born and raised UVa fan).
:kitten:

JCTexan 01-21-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Scouting Report

Thoughts?

I have no problems with taking Thomas in the fifth round. He's a project that has the size and arm strength for the NFL. If you let him sit a few years behind a Bridgewater/Bortles you could find yourself with a capable backup. A lot of his negatives seem to just be his lack of experience at the position.

beerlover 01-21-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bah007 (Post 2289134)
I have him graded as a 6th rounder and at that I would still only take him if I had an established starter and backup and had time to work with Thomas for a few years before anything other than QB #3 was expected of him.

I would actually have him graded higher as a TE than I do as a QB, just like Colin Klein last year.

Speaking of Colin Klein, I knew he was here in training camp awhile but whatever happened to him?

ArlingtonTexan 01-21-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2289166)
Speaking of Colin Klein, I knew he was here in training camp awhile but whatever happened to him?

He never signed with Texans nor any team.

mussop 01-22-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bah007 (Post 2289134)

If he proved he could catch I would use a late draft pick on him as a TE.

thetexanator 01-22-2014 08:28 AM

kid never amounted to much. looks the part, but the few times ive seen him play, doesnt look good at all as a qb.

Blake 01-22-2014 08:41 AM

Is he open to being a TE?

mussop 01-22-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blake (Post 2289263)
Is he open to being a TE?

If not he's an idiot. It may be his only chance in the nfl.

bah007 01-22-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2289166)

Didn't make it through camp. Just doesn't have a NFL arm. Like Arlington said, nobody else ever signed him.

I had read somewhere (can't find it now) that some teams were interested in him as a TE but he only wants to play QB. He was actually invited to the combine as a TE but refused to do anything other than QB drills.

I understand having confidence in yourself but that kind of attitude bugs me. He'd rather be on the street as a "QB" than in a uniform at another position. MarQueis Gray actually did the same thing and also went undrafted but after he was picked up by SF he agreed to play wherever they asked him. They cut him but the Browns picked him up and played him at numerous positions this year.