Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SuperBowl ... Who you got? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103848)

kingtexan 01-20-2014 06:56 PM

SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Ok, didn't see one yet, so who ya pickin?

Rational thought says if it is good weather the Broncos should have it, and if it is NY in February weather the Seahawks have the edge. I am going to have to stick with the QB who wanted to be a Texan, and would have led this team to a championship if not for Smithiak.

Broncos win!

Marshall 01-20-2014 07:01 PM

Re: SuperBowl ... Who you got?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingtexan (Post 2288493)
Ok, didn't see one yet, so who ya pickin?

Rational thought says if it is good weather the Broncos should have it, and if it is NY in February weather the Seahawks have the edge. I am going to have to stick with the QB who wanted to be a Texan, and would have led this team to a championship if not for Smithiak.

Broncos win!

I'm sick of the QB is the only important player line so I want the best TEAM over the best QB. Go Seattle!

HJam72 01-20-2014 07:09 PM

I think what I'm sick of is the Texans organization ignoring the fact that getting the best QB you can get really matters in this don't-touch-the-QB-or-the-receivers league. Maybe they will learn a little more lesson from watching a QB they could've had 2 years ago win another Superbowl.

You play to win it all, not just division championships, and when you get a chance to nab a HOF QB, you take that risk. I don't care if you're a control freak who doesn't like audibles.

steelbtexan 01-20-2014 07:16 PM

If it's snowing Seattle

Clear weather Denver

Marshall 01-20-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2288501)
I think what I'm sick of is the Texans organization ignoring the fact that getting the best QB you can get really matters in this don't-touch-the-QB-or-the-receivers league. Maybe they will learn a little more lesson from watching a QB they could've had 2 years ago win another Superbowl.

You play to win it all, not just division championships, and when you get a chance to nab a HOF QB, you take that risk. I don't care if you're a control freak who doesn't like audibles.

Once again, the point is that there is little confidence that any of the good QBs will be elite, much less HOF. You presume at least one is. We presume not. They don't come around every year.

CretorFrigg 01-20-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2288505)
If it's snowing Seattle

Clear weather Denver

Wouldn't Denver be more used to the snow?

Anyways, I have Denver winning. Peyton Manning is unstoppable right now. He's leading the the best all-time scoring offense in NFL history. Imagine if Ryan Clady or Von Miller weren't hurt. That's a team right there.

StarStruck 01-20-2014 07:36 PM

Broncos. It would be nice to see Manny Ramirez, Houston/Willowridge get a ring as well as Peyton.

Speedy 01-20-2014 08:42 PM

If the Seahawks can hold Drew Brees to 0 points through 3 quarters and 15 points total, I don't see why they can't hold Manning down.

I picked the Seahawks-Broncos to be in the Super Bowl before the season started with Seattle taking the Lombardi.

Gonna stick with the 'Hawks.

chicagotexan2 01-20-2014 09:44 PM

Unless Seattles offense get its act together I don't se them beating Denver. Ill go Denver 31 Seattle 21.

eriadoc 01-20-2014 11:46 PM

I picked Seattle. I've been a distant Seahawks fan ever since the days of Largent. Oilers/Texans have always been my team, but beyond that, I seem to always pull for the Seahawks when they aren't facing us (which isn't often).

Plus, I have to admit - a dark part of me would relish watching Manning choke in the big game again. :)

revan 01-21-2014 01:27 AM

Seattle. I dont care if he is with a new team but I will always hate Manning for being a Dolt and killing us for a decade.

Wolf6151 01-21-2014 02:20 AM

I'm picking Seattle in the Super Bowl. I think the Broncos are very good, but I don't think they can hang with Seattles speed and physicality. After watching both teams several times this season, the Seahawks are clearly the better team. Seahawks by a touchdown.

Norg 01-21-2014 02:38 AM

I don't care

what do u think the story lines would be if it was Texans vs seahawks in the SB

Dutchrudder 01-21-2014 08:58 AM

I'm pulling for Seattle. I'd love to see the best defense in the NFL completely wreck the best QB in the NFL. I think the Broncos will win, but I really don't want to see that. I don't care about Peyton's legacy, or much of anyone on the team, but I am glad they beat the Patriots :)

kingtexan 01-21-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 2288562)
If the Seahawks can hold Drew Brees to 0 points through 3 quarters and 15 points total, I don't see why they can't hold Manning down.

Comparing Brees and Manning? ... :mariopalm:

Double Barrel 01-21-2014 11:46 AM

Man, this is a tough call. I'm not even sure who I want to win, much less who I think will win.

I will definitely give both some thought and vote later... :thinking:

Mr teX 01-21-2014 11:53 AM

It's definitely a tough call...

I'd like to see Manning win it to solidify himself as the G.O.A.T....but Seattle matches up extremely well with what the Broncos like to do.....

It's honestly a toss up with too many factors in play to decide on 1 team or another.

brakos82 01-21-2014 12:00 PM

I voted Seahawks (partly due to hometown pride), but it's gonna be one damn good game either way.

Thorn 01-21-2014 12:02 PM

I voted Seahawks because that's who I want to win.

2012Champs 01-21-2014 12:18 PM

Im a big Manning fan and I would like to see him get another ring. He is playing well enough to top the Hawks D. I think given his ability to read the D and make changes, even against the best D Manning has the advantage presnap so its all about the execution. The hawks started at a 1.5 favorite in Vegas and it has swung to 2-2.5 Denver fav