Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Matt Miller on 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103802)

Playoffs 01-16-2014 01:51 PM

Matt Miller on 2014 NFL Draft

Matt Miller's Big Board

Updated Top 50 Players: Pre-Senior Bowl

Quote:

1 QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
2 DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina Tech
3 WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson
4 OT Greg Robinson, Auburn
5 OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
6 QB Blake Bortles, UCF
7 OLB Khalil Mack, Buffalo
8 DE Kony Ealy, Missouri
9 OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
10 CB Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma St.
11 QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
12 ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
13 OT Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama
14 QB Derek Carr, Fresno State
15 CB Darqueze Dennard, Michigan St.
16 TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina
17 OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State
18 DT Timmy Jernigan, FSU
19 FS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
20 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
21 CB Jason Verrett, TCU
22 WR Odell Beckham, LSU
23 FS Calvin Pryor, Louisville
24 DT Louis Nix, Notre Dame
25 WR Marqise Lee, USC
26 OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
27 TE Jace Amaro, Texas
28 WR Allen Robinson, Penn State
29 DE Trent Murphy, Stanford
30 OG David Yankey, Stanford
31 WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon St.
32 RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
33 DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
34 OT Zack Martin, Notre Dame
35 DT Ra'Shede Hageman, Minn.
36 DT Aaron Donald, Pitt
37 DE Scott Crichton, Oregon St.
38 C Travis Swanson, Arkansas
39 OG Cyril Richardson, Baylor
40 RB Tre Mason, Auburn
41 DT Will Sutton, Arizona St.
42 WR Jarvis Landry, LSU
43 QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
44 OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU
45 WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
46 OT Antonio Richardson, Tenn.
47 DE Trevor Reilly, Utah
48 SS Deone Bucannon, Washington St.
49 OG Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
50 CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Playoffs 01-16-2014 03:03 PM

Re: Matt Miller on 2014 NFL Draft

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Quote:

As of now, I'd say RB, WR, CB. RT @RedWhite4life: what positions are the deepest?

Deepest draft class I can remember covering. RT @ChoppedJustice: how talented is this draft class compared to recent classes?

Dutchrudder 01-16-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Deepest draft class I can remember covering. RT @ChoppedJustice: how talented is this draft class compared to recent classes?
Well with near 100 underclassman declaring, this should be a good draft. That's a crazy number, and I have no idea why the hell it went up so much this year.

mussop 01-16-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2286330)
Well with near 100 underclassman declaring, this should be a good draft. That's a crazy number, and I have no idea why the hell it went up so much this year.

Who cares just glad it's this year.

Texian 01-16-2014 04:57 PM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ht=Matt+Miller

nero THE zero 01-16-2014 05:23 PM

The WR group is insanely talented this year. The Texans would be remiss not to take a swing or two at WR's in the mid-rounds.

Playoffs 01-30-2014 11:26 AM

2014 NFL Draft: Highlighting the Top 10 Defensive Ends

Quote:

1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
2. Kony Ealy, Missouri
3. Trent Murphy, Stanford
4. Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame
5. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
6. Marcus Smith, Louisville
7. Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
8. Chris Smith, Arkansas
9. Trevor Reilly, Utah
10. DeMarcus Lawrence, Boise State

Playoffs 01-30-2014 11:39 AM

2014 NFL Draft: Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook 1/30
Quote:

Five Up

5. OT Zack Martin, Notre Dame

Heading into the 2013 college football season, I had Zack Martin pegged as a future guard in the NFL. With his shorter height (listed at 6'4"), Martin didn't seem to have the ideal metrics of a left tackle prospect. That changed after watching him handle speed and power throughout the year and again at the Senior Bowl.

Martin helped himself quite a bit thanks to his 34 3/8" long arms, too. That's a comparable measurement to the almost 6'7" Seantrel Henderson. And in the NFL, it's still all about height, weight and speed when evaluating prospects. Martin's long arms made him money in Mobile. Current Ranking: No. 23 overall

4. OT Morgan Moses, Virginia

Another offensive tackle moving himself up the board is Virginia's Morgan Moses. As one league source told me, "I can't coach 6'6" and 325. I can coach blocking." Moses is loved by NFL scouts thanks to his mammoth size and crazy reach. But how does he play?

The Senior Bowl week didn't show Moses dominating every drill, but what was most encouraging was his development and progression throughout the week. He showed he was coachable. And if a team can refine his footwork, his natural strength and athleticism will make him a premier left tackle at the next level. Current Ranking: No. 34 overall

3. OLB Telvin Smith, FSU

The biggest concern with Telvin Smith as a prospect is his size. At almost 6'3", he weighs just 217 pounds. That's a strong safety, not an outside linebacker. And yet, turn on the film and Smith is a nightmare for offenses to contend with.

What I saw in Mobile was a player who used his speed and length to get through blockers and traffic. Coming home from the Senior Bowl, I wanted to see if he did the same throughout the season and what gave him fits as a run defender. Smith's film looked just like his Senior Bowl play, and that's why he's moving up the board. Current Ranking: No. 61 overall

2. CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood

The current NFL trend is to find a long, tall cornerback and play him up on the line of scrimmage in press coverage. The Seattle Seahawks do this better than anyone, and their success will lead to many copycats trying to do the same. Finding the players to run that scheme, though, isn't easy.

Teams hoping to emulate the Seahawks' secondary will like Pierre Desir. The Lindenwood product doesn't have eye-popping stats, but that's because opposing teams didn't throw the ball his way. That was the case at the Senior Bowl, too, as the quarterbacks ignored him as much as possible in live situations. Desir is moving up more each time I see him play. Current Ranking: No. 65 overall

1. TE Crockett Gillmore, Colorado State

Injuries at tight end during Senior Bowl practices opened a roster spot for Crockett Gillmore, and he hit the ground running. Gillmore's performance in practices and the game were remarkable given his late-arrival in the week. He quickly caught my eye as an athletic performer at the position.

Gillmore wasn't on my radar when the season began, but after viewing several Colorado State games after the Senior Bowl, it's obvious that he will be on every NFL team's radar. Current Ranking: No. 138 overall

Five Down

5. OG Cyril Richardson, Baylor

The big Baylor guard looked like a potential first-rounder at times during the season, but during practices at the Senior Bowl, I noticed he was too often caught lunging at defenders when asked to pull or trap. Any lateral movement gave him trouble. Was that showing up in game film?

The Baylor scheme asks for a lot of movement, and Richardson didn't have a consistent habit of back-bending to get to defenders, but it's there on film. With his less-than-ideal agility and flexibility, Richardson has limited himself to being an option for teams running a power- or man-blocking scheme. Current Ranking: No. 62 overall

4. OLB Michael Sam, Missouri

It may seem like Michael Sam is mentioned here a lot, but where do you play him in the NFL? He's built like an outside linebacker, but his lack of fluid movement and agility is a big problem in space. Sam isn't big enough to play every down as a defensive end in the majority of NFL schemes, either.

That's the issue I run into when evaluating his play and setting my player rankings. Where do you play him? Current Ranking: No. 94 overall

3. DT Daniel McCullers, Tennessee

Jeff Roberson/Associated Press
Going back through my practice notes from the Senior Bowl this week has been interesting. Somehow, I missed last week all the terrible things I had noted about Tennessee's Daniel McCullers.

The big man wasn't expected to be a great athlete, but his stiffness and lack of agility was shocking. And when you're 6'7", you have to be able to play low to the ground; otherwise, offensive linemen will have a field day blocking you. It doesn't matter how big and strong you are if you don't win the leverage game. Current Ranking: No. 112 overall

2. WR Cody Hoffman, BYU

Big wide receivers are en vogue right now, but Cody Hoffman doesn't stand to benefit much from that need. The BYU wide receiver is big, but he doesn't play big. Hoffman makes himself a huge target for cornerbacks playing up on the line of scrimmage, and that's where he struggles most. Without the ability to break off press coverage, Hoffman is opening himself up to kill-shots to the chest from cornerbacks—and that's before he even releases into his route.

Hoffman looks the part, but doesn't play it. Current Ranking: No. 188 overall

1. DT Will Sutton, Arizona State

No player disappointed me more during Senior Bowl week than Will Sutton.

The Arizona State defensive tackle looked like a first-round pick in 2012, but he played at a much heavier weight in 2013 and it showed. Sutton ballooned to 310 pounds, and his play suffered. The quickness he lived off of in previous seasons was gone, and in it's place wasn't great strength but a heavy-footed approach.

That showed up all week in Mobile, and even with his quarterback sack in the actual game, Sutton's stock still plummeted. Current Ranking: No. 66 overall
Quote:

The Scout’s Report

— I spoke to former Oregon tight end Colt Lyerla this week. He's training at Athletes' Performance in Phoenix and has received an invite to the NFL combine.

— What player did the Jacksonville Jaguars fall in love with at the Senior Bowl? Quarterback Derek Carr from Fresno State led the South team all week with the Jaguars' coaches running practices.

— Rumor has it that UCLA's Anthony Barr is up to 260 pounds after playing at 245 pounds in his final year as a Bruin. Barr should be expected to run in the high-4.4 or low-4.5 range at the combine. I'm told he will run his 40-yard dash there.

— Keep an eye on Virginia's Morgan Moses. One team scout told me to expect a run on offensive tackles again this year and that Moses stands to benefit most at the end of the first round.

— While not a first-round pick, Colorado State center Weston Richburg was called the "best in this class" by one college scouting director I spoke to after the Senior Bowl.

Jimmie Ward impressed scouts in attendance for the Senior Bowl, and word from one AFC West team is that he's the "best coverage safety" in this year's group.
Quote:

Scout’s Take -- DT Aaron Donald, Pitt

Strengths

Quickness. That's the first thing you notice when viewing Aaron Donald. He's the first man off the line of scrimmage, and that's tough for any offensive lineman to handle. Add in the fact that Donald's shorter frame gives him a natural leverage advantage, and you're talking about a nearly impossible assignment.

The stats don't lie when looking at Donald's film. He's a deadly pass-rusher from the three-technique position and has the speed to give chase once he clears the offensive line. He's strong enough to give a bull rush and drive back any lineman that does manage to wall him off, too.

A complete pass-rusher from the inside, Donald is a Day 1 starter.

Weaknesses

Where is he against the run? That's the biggest issue when watching Donald's games at Pitt. He's dynamic and versatile as a pass rusher, but when teams ran at him, he could get lost in the shuffle. As a young player, he will have to learn to use his quickness to beat blockers but also learn to throttle down and see the run.

Too often he'll imitate Ndamukong Suh and just explode past the ball-carrier or take himself out of his gap assignment and actually create a rushing lane.

Pro Player Comparison: Geno Atkins, Cincinnati Bengals
Updated Top 50 Players
1. ...

kiwitexansfan 01-30-2014 12:52 PM

Interesting about the Jags and Carr.

Playoffs 02-06-2014 12:31 PM

2014 NFL Draft: Highlighting the Top 10 Wide Receivers
Quote:

1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
2. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
3. Odell Beckham Jr., LSU
4. Allen Robinson, Penn State
5. Marqise Lee, USC
6. Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
7. Jarvis Landry, LSU
8. Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
9. Davante Adams, Fresno State
10. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
Really like this list. Cooks and Landry jump off the film for me. Only saw Adams due to watching Carr. He be good, too.

Playoffs 02-07-2014 11:03 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Quote:

2014 NFL Draft: Highlighting the Top 10 Quarterbacks http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...0-quarterbacks

mussop 02-07-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2295690)
2014 NFL Draft: Highlighting the Top 10 Wide Receivers

Really like this list. Cooks and Landry jump off the film for me. Only saw Adams due to watching Carr. He be good, too.

I want cooks for the slot WR.

Playoffs 02-07-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2296103)
I want cooks for the slot WR.

Don't think he makes it past the 2nd round. We'll see.

mussop 02-07-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2296159)
Don't think he makes it past the 2nd round. We'll see.

I don't either that's why I mocked him in the second. Look how valuable the slot WR has been to Brady's career.

Playoffs 02-10-2014 11:38 AM

Pre-Combine rankings

2014 Quarterback Rankings
Code:

Rank          Player        School        Height          Weight          Overall          Class 
1        Teddy Bridgewater        Louisville        6'3"        210        1        Jr
2        Blake Bortles        Central Florida          6'5"        230        8        rJr
3        Johnny Manziel        Texas A&M        6'0"        210        11        rSo
4        Derek Carr        Fresno State        6'3"        215        13        rSr
5        Jimmy Garoppolo        Eastern Illinois        6'2"        219        56        Sr
6        Zach Mettenberger (INJ)          LSU        6'5"        235        87        rSr
7        A.J. McCarron        Alabama        6'3"        214        101        rSr
8        Tajh Boyd        Clemson        6'1"        222        104        rSr
9        David Fales        San Jose State          6'2"        220        146        Sr
10        Aaron Murray (INJ)        Georgia        6'1"        201        150        rSr
11        Brett Smith        Wyoming        6'2"        206        171        Jr
12        Logan Thomas        Virginia Tech        6'5"        255        226        rSr
13        Connor Shaw        South Carolina          6'0"        209        249        Sr
14        Stephen Morris        Miami (Fla.)        6'1"        208        257        Sr
15        Jeff Mathews        Cornell        6'4"        225        264        Sr
16        Keith Wenning        Ball State        6'3"        219        283        Sr
17        Casey Pachall        TCU        6'4"        230        291        Sr
18        Garrett Gilbert        SMU        6'3"        223        296        rSr

2014 Running Back Rankings
Code:

Rank          Player        School        Height          Weight          Overall          Class 
1        Carlos Hyde        Ohio State        6'0"        235        37        rSr
2        Tre Mason        Auburn        5'9"        205        47        Jr
3        Ka'Deem Carey        Arizona        5'10"        207        52        Jr
4        Charles Sims        West Virginia        6'0"        214        57        rSr
5        Jeremy Hill        LSU        5'9"        235        68        rSo
6        Bishop Sankey        Washington        5'10"        203        80        rSr
7        Marion Grice        Arizona State        6'0"        207        89        Sr
8        Lache Seastrunk        Baylor        5'9"        210        97        rJr
9        De'Anthony Thomas          Oregon        5'9"        170        102        Jr
10        Devonta Freeman        Florida State        5'8"        203        105        Jr
11        Terrance West        Towson        5'11"        223        130        Jr
12        Andre Williams        Boston College        6'0"        227        141        Sr
13        James White        Wisconsin        5'9"        206        173        Sr
14        James Wilder        Florida State        6'1"        229        179        rSo
15        Antonio Andrews        Western Kentucky        5'10"        225        194        Sr
16        Rajion Neal        Tennessee        5'11"        211        199        Sr
17        Jerick McKinnon        Georgia Southern        5'9"        209        201        Sr
18        Tyler Gaffney        Stanford        6'0"        226        202        rSr
19        Lorenzo Taliaferro        Coastal Carolina        6'1"        231        219        Sr
20        Storm Johnson        UCF        6'0"        215        239        rJr
21        Kapri Bibbs        Colorado State        5'11"        203        245        rSo
22        Silas Redd        USC        5'9"        200        266        Sr
23        David Fluellen        Toledo        5'11"        226        269        Sr
24        Isaiah Crowell        Alabama State        5'11"        215        274        Jr

2014 Fullback Rankings
Code:

1        Jay Prosch        Auburn        6'1"        256        136        rSr
2        J.C. Copeland          LSU        5'11"        285        214        Sr
3        Gator Hoskins        Marshall        6'1"        244        246        rJr
4        Ryan Hewitt        Stanford        6'4"        246        250        rSr
5        Trey Millard        Oklahoma        6'2"        253        260        Sr
6        Chad Abram        Florida State        5'11"        230        298        Sr
7        Chris Coyle        Arizona State          6'2"        235        299        rSr

2014 Wide Receiver Rankings
Code:

1        Sammy Watkins        Clemson        6'1"        205        3        Jr
2        Mike Evans        Texas A&M        6'5"        225        12        rSo
3        Odell Beckham Jr.        LSU        5'11"        193        24        Jr
4        Allen Robinson        Penn State        6'3"        210        27        Jr
5        Marqise Lee        USC        6'0"        195        35        Jr
6        Brandin Cooks        Oregon State        5'10"        186        38        Jr
7        Jarvis Landry        LSU        6'0"        195        42        Jr
8        Jordan Matthews        Vanderbilt        6'3"        209        45        Sr
9        Davante Adams        Fresno State        6'2"        216        60        rSo
10        Kelvin Benjamin        Florida State        6'5"        235        64        rSo
11        Paul Richardson        Colorado        6'1"        172        81        rJr
12        Martavis Bryant        Clemson        6'4"        200        91        Jr
13        Robert Herron        Wyoming        5'9"        193        93        Sr
14        Josh Huff        Oregon        5'11"        211        100        Sr
15        Jared Abbrederis        Wisconsin        6'1"        189        107        rSr
16        Mike Davis        Texas        6'0"        193        108        Sr
17        Donte Moncrief        Mississippi        6'2        226        119        Jr
18        Bruce Ellington        South Carolina        5'9"        196        127        rJr
19        Kevin Norwood        Alabama        6'2"        197        143        rSr
20        Ryan Grant        Tulane        6'0"        197        145        rSr
21        Brandon Coleman        Rutgers        6'5"        220        154        rJr
22        TJ Jones        Notre Dame        6'0"        195        156        Sr
23        Devin Street        Pittsburgh        6'3"        195        166        rSr
24        Jalen Saunders        Oklahoma        5'9"        164        177        Sr
25        Jeff Janis        Saginaw Valley State          6'2"        212        182        Sr
26        Cody Latimer        Indiana        6'2"        215        184        Jr
27        Cody Hoffman        BYU        6'4"        218        188        Sr
28        Michael Campanaro        Wake Forest        5'10"        191        195        rSr
29        L'Damian Washington          Missouri        6'4"        205        212        rSr
30        Josh Stewart        Oklahoma        5'10"        185        221        Jr
31        Shaquelle Evans        UCLA        6'1"        210        222        rSr
32        Matt Hazel        Coastal Carolina        6'1"        196        248        Sr
33        Tevin Reese        Baylor        5'10"        170        251        rSr
34        Dri Archer        Kent State        5'8"        175        258        rSr
35        Jeremy Gallon        Michigan        5'8"        183        284        rSr
36        Quincy Enunwa        Nebraska        6'2"        227        285        Sr
37        Marcus Lucas        Missouri        6'4"        220        287        Sr
38        Kain Colter        Northwestern        5'11"        199        297        Sr
39        Eric Ward        Texas tech        5'11"        199        300        rSr

2014 Tight End Rankings
Code:

1        Eric Ebron        North Carolina        6'4"        245        15        Jr
2        Jace Amaro        Texas Tech        6'5"        260        28        Jr
3        Austin Seferian-Jenkins          Washington        6'6"        276        46        Jr
4        Troy Niklas        Notre Dame        6'6"        270        72        rJr
5        C.J. Fiedorowicz        Iowa        6'6"        262        115        Sr
6        Arthur Lynch        Georgia        6'5"        258        121        rSr
7        Richard Rodgers        California        6'4"        245        217        rSo
8        Crockett Gillmore        Colorado State        6'6"        253        138        Sr
9        Marcel Jensen        Fresno State        6'6"        264        151        Sr
10        Joe Don Duncan        Dixie State        6'3"        267        167        rSr
11        Jordan Najvar        Baylor        6'6"        262        193        rSr
12        Rob Blanchflower        Massachusetts        6'4"        260        210        rSr
13        Jacob Pedersen        Wisconsin        6'3"        242        242        rSr
14        Xavier Grimble        USC        6'3"        250        252        rJr
15        A.C. Leonard        Tennessee State          6'3"        245        255        Jr
16        Colt Lyerla        Oregon        6'5"        250        275        Jr
17        Michael Flacco        New Haven        6'5"        245        278        rSo

2014 Offensive Tackle Rankings
Code:

1        Greg Robinson        Auburn        6'5"        320        4        rSo
2        Jake Matthews        Texas A&M        6'5"        305        5        Sr
3        Taylor Lewan        Michigan        6'7"        315        20        rSr
4        Cyrus Kouandjio        Alabama        6'5"        310        21        Jr
5        Zack Martin        Notre Dame        6'4"        305        23        rSr
6        Morgan Moses        Virginia        6'6"        325        34        Sr
7        Jack Mewhort        Ohio State        6'6"        306        49        rSr
8        Antonio "Tiny" Richardson          Tennessee        6'6"        327        59        Jr
9        Billy Turner        North Dakota State          6'5"        316        86        Sr
10        Joel Bitonio        Nevada        6'4"        307        111        rSr
11        JaWuan James        Tennessee        6'6"        315        128        Sr
12        James Hurst        North Carolina        6'6"        305        140        Sr
13        Michael Schofield        Michigan        6'4"        303        159        rSr
14        Seantrel Henderson          Miami (FL)        6'7"        331        172        Sr
15        Justin Britt        Missouri        6'6"        315        178        rSr
16        Cameron Fleming        Stanford        6'6"        318        197        rJr
17        Wesley Johnson        Vanderbilt        6'5"        290        208        rSr
18        Donald Hawkins        Texas        6'5"        301        227        Sr
19        Cornelius Lucas        Kansas State        6'8"        329        238        rSr
20        Matt Patchan        Boston College        6'5"        305        244        rSr
21        Kenarious Gates        Georgia        6'4"        327        272        Sr
22        Charles Leno        Boise State        6'4"        302        281        rSr
23        Matt Hall        Belhaven        6'9"        323        293        Sr

2014 Offensive Guard Rankings
Code:

1        David Yankey        Stanford        6'5"        314        33        rJr
2        Xavier Su'a-Filo        UCLA        6'3"        305        51        rJr
3        Cyril Richardson        Baylor        6'5"        348        62        rSr
4        Gabe Jackson        Mississippi State        6'4"        339        90        rSr
5        Anthony Steen        Alabama        6'2"        310        114        rSr
6        Brandon Thomas          Clemson        6'4"        316        123        rSr
7        Dakota Dozier        Furman        6'4"        312        133        rSr
8        Chris Watt        Notre Dame        6'3"        321        168        rSr
9        Jon Halapio        Florida        6'4"        320        170        rSr
10        Brandon Linder        Miami (FL)        6'6"        316        198        Sr
11        Russell Bodine        North Carolina        6'3"        310        220        rJr
12        Kadeem Edwards          Tennessee State          6'4"        309        232        Sr
13        John Urschel        Penn State        6'3"        317        236        rSr
14        Ryan Groy        Wisconsin        6'5"        325        254        rSr
15        Spencer Long        Nebraska        6'4"        315        259        rSr
16        Trai Turner        LSU        6'3"        316        290        rSo

2014 Center Rankings
Code:

Rank        Player        School        Height          Weight          Overall          Class 
1        Travis Swanson        Arkansas        6'5"        310        41        rSr
2        Weston Richburg          Colorado State        6'4"        300        74        rSr
3        Bryan Stork        Florida State        6'4"        306        129        rSr
4        Tyler Larsen        Utah State        6'4"        317        164        Sr
5        Marcus Martin        USC        6'3"        310        180        Jr
6        Gabe Ikard        Oklahoma        6'3"        302        213        rSr
7        Zac Kerin        Toledo        6'5"        308        268        rSr
8        Corey Linsley        Ohio State        6'3"        298        286        rSr
9        Matt Armstrong        Grand Valley State          6'3"        296        288        rSr

Playoffs 02-10-2014 11:44 AM

Pre-Combine rankings

2014 Defensive End Rankings
Code:

1        Jadeveon Clowney        South Carolina        6'5"        274        2        Jr
2        Kony Ealy        Missouri        6'5"        275        9        rJr
3        Dee Ford        Auburn        6'2"        243        14        rSr
4        Trent Murphy        Stanford        6'6"        252        36        rSr
5        Scott Crichton        Oregon State        6'3"        265        44        rJr
6        Jackson Jeffcoat        Texas        6'4"        250        48        Sr
7        Chris Smith        Arkansas        6'1"        266        50        Sr
8        Josh Mauro        Stanford        6'6"        276        88        rSr
9        Marcus Smith        Louisville        6'4"        258        92        Sr
10        Michael Sam        Missouri        6'2"        260        94        rSr
11        Demarcus Lawrence          Boise State        6'3"        245        99        rJr
12        Kareem Martin        North Carolina        6'6"        272        122        Sr
13        Will Clarke        West Virginia        6'6"        271        148        rSr
14        James Gayle        Virginia Tech        6'4"        255        157        rSr
15        Ed Stinson        Alabama        6'3"        292        158        rSr
16        Aaron Lynch        South Florida        6'5"        244        160        rSo
17        Cassius Marsh        UCLA        6'4"        254        181        Sr
18        Brent Urban        Virginia        6'6"        298        183        Sr
19        Taylor Hart        Oregon        6'6"        287        189        rSr
20        Ben Gardner        Stanford        6'4"        277        190        rSr
21        Ethan Westbrooks        West Texas A&M          6'4"        264        263        Sr
22        Jeoffrey Pagan        Alabama        6'3"        290        267        Jr
23        Chaz Sutton        South Carolina        6'4"        263        270        rSr
24        Larry Webster        Bloomsburg        6'6"        249        279        rSr

2014 Defensive Tackle Rankings
Code:

1        Aaron Donald        Pittsburgh        6'1"        288        25        Sr
2        Louis Nix        Notre Dame        6'2"        345        26        rJr
3        Timmy Jernigan        Florida State        6'2"        298        29        Jr
4        Ra'Shede Hageman        Minnesota        6'6"        318        30        rSr
5        Stephon Tuitt        Notre Dame        6'6"        312        39        Jr
6        Will Sutton        Arizona State        6'1"        315        66        rSr
7        Dominique Easley        Florida        6'2"        285        70        Sr
8        DaQuan Jones        Penn State        6'4"        323        78        Sr
9        Kelcey Quarles        South Carolina        6'3"        298        85        Jr
10        Ego Ferguson        LSU        6'2"        309        95        rJr
11        Anthony Johnson        LSU        6'2"        295        106        Jr
12        Daniel McCullers        Tennessee        6'7"        348        112        Sr
13        Caraun Reid        Princeton        6'2"        301        120        rSr
14        Justin Ellis        Louisiana Tech        6'2"        342        142        rSr
15        George Uko        USC        6'3"        275        149        rJr
16        Deandre Coleman        California        6'5"        315        161        rSr
17        Jay Bromley        Syracuse        6'3"        307        163        Sr
18        Ryan Carrethers        Arkansas State        6'1"        330        196        rSr
19        Calvin Barnett        Oklahoma State          6'2"        300        200        Sr
20        Shamar Stephen        Connecticut        6'5"        308        206        rSr
21        Eathyn Manumaleuna          BYU        6'2"        305        224        rSr
22        Kerry Hyder        Texas Tech        6'2"        280        233        rSr
23        Zack Kerr        Delaware        6'2"        334        277        rSr

2014 Inside Linebacker Rankings
Code:

1        C.J. Mosley        Alabama        6'2"        232        16        Sr
2        Chris Borland        Wisconsin        6'0"        245        69        rSr
3        Shayne Skov        Stanford        6'2"        245        75        rSr
4        Yawin Smallwood          Connecticut        6'3"        236        110        rJr
5        Lamin Barrow        LSU        6'1"        229        131        rSr
6        Christian Jones        Florida State        6'4"        234        134        Sr
7        DeDe Lattimore        South Florida        6'0"        237        174        rSr
8        Andrew Jackson        Western Kentucky          6'1"        259        191        Sr
9        Preston Brown        Louisville        6'1"        262        207        Sr
10        Jeremiah George        Iowa State        5'11"        231        234        Sr
11        Glenn Carson        Penn State        6'3"        244        276        rSr

2014 Outside Linebacker Rankings
Code:

1        Khalil Mack        Buffalo        6'3"        248        6        rSr
2        Anthony Barr        UCLA        6'4"        248        7        Sr
3        Ryan Shazier        Ohio State        6'2"        230        31        Jr
4        Kyle Van Noy        BYU        6'3"        244        32        rSr
5        Trevor Reilly        Utah        6'5"        255        58        rSr
6        Telvin Smith        Florida State        6'3"        218        61        Sr
7        Carl Bradford        Arizona State        6'1"        243        82        rJr
8        Jeremiah Attaochu        Georgia Tech        6'3"        252        84        Sr
9        Christian Kirksey        Iowa        6'2"        234        98        Sr
10        Jordan Zumwalt        UCLA        6'4"        231        103        Sr
11        Jordan Tripp        Montana        6'3"        237        118        rSr
12        Adrian Hubbard        Alabama        6'6"        255        124        rJr
13        Morgan Breslin        USC        6'1"        250        147        Sr
14        Ronald Powell        Florida        6'3"        240        165        rJr
15        Prince Shembo        Notre Dame        6'2"        254        176        Sr
16        Devon Kennard        USC        6'3"        257        185        rSr
17        Denicos Allen        Michigan State        5'11"        218        203        rSr
18        Kasim Edebali        Boston College        6'2"        248        209        Sr
19        Howard Jones        Shepherd        6'2"        229        228        rSr
20        Kevin Pierre-Louis          Boston College        6'0"        222        230        Sr
21        Tyler Starr        South Dakota        6'4"        249        237        Sr
22        Jonathan Brown        Illinois        6'1"        224        240        Sr
23        Derrell Johnson        East Carolina        6'1"        248        253        Sr
24        Jonathan Newsome          Ball State        6'2"        236        265        rSr
25        Shaquil Barrett        Colorado State          6'2"        260        289        Sr
26        Boseko Lokombo        Oregon        6'3"        230        292        rSr
27        Jayrone Elliott        Toledo        6'3"        240        294        Sr

2014 Cornerback Rankings
Code:

1        Justin Gilbert        Oklahoma State        6'0"        200        10        Sr
2        Darqueze Dennard        Michigan State        5'11"        197        18        Sr
3        Jason Verrett        TCU        5'10"        176        22        Sr
4        Bradley Roby        Ohio State        5'11"        192        40        rJr
5        Stanley Jean-Baptiste          Nebraska        6'3"        215        43        Sr
6        Lamarcus Joyner        Florida State        5'8"        190        53        Sr
7        Marcus Roberson        Florida        6'0"        195        63        Jr
8        Pierre Desir        Lindenwood        6'1"        195        65        rSr
9        Kyle Fuller        Virginia Tech        6'0"        194        67        Sr
10        Victor Hampton        South Carolina        5'10"        202        73        rJr
11        Keith McGill        Utah        6'3"        214        76        rSr
12        Louchiez Purifoy        Florida        6'0"        190        83        Jr
13        E.J. Gaines        Missouri        5'10"        195        96        Sr
14        Terrance Mitchell        Oregon        6'0"        190        109        rJr
15        Ross Cockrell        Duke        6'0"        183        113        rSr
16        Jaylen Watkins        Florida        6'0"        194        117        Sr
17        Walt Aikens        Liberty        6'1"        205        126        Sr
18        Chris Davis        Auburn        5'10"        201        132        Sr
19        Nevin Lawson        Utah State        5'10"        184        137        Sr
20        Bashaud Breeland        Clemson        6'0"        185        139        rJr
21        Rashaad Reynolds        Oregon State        5'10"        191        144        rSr
22        Antone Exum        Virginia Tech        6'0"        220        152        rSr
23        Deion Belue        Alabama        5'11"        183        155        Sr
24        Aaron Colvin        Oklahoma        6'0"        186        162        Sr
25        Bennett Jackson        Notre Dame        6'0"        187        175        Sr
26        Ricardo Allen        Purdue        5'9"        187        205        Sr
27        Bene Benwikere        San Jose State        5'11"        194        211        Sr
28        Andre Hal        Vanderbilt        5'11"        190        216        Sr
29        Phillip Gaines        Rice        6'1"        195        225        Sr
30        Lavelle Westbrooks        Georgia Southern        6'0"        195        235        Sr
31        Carrington Byndom        Texas        5'11"        180        241        Sr
32        Marcus Williams        North Dakota State          5'11"        195        256        rSr
33        Charles Sawyer        Mississippi        5'10"        175        261        rSr
34        Ciante Evans        Nebraska        5'10"        193        282        Sr

2014 Free Safety Rankings
Code:

1        Ha Ha Clinton-Dix          Alabama        6'1"        208        17        Jr
2        Calvin Pryor        Louisville        6'2"        208        19        Jr
3        Terrence Brooks        Florida State        5'11"        197        77        Sr
4        Ed Reynolds        Stanford        6'2"        206        79        rJr
5        Dion Bailey        USC        6'0"        200        116        rJr
6        Kenny Ladler        Vanderbilt        6'0"        200        125        Sr
7        Marqueston Huff        Wyoming        5'11"        198        153        Sr
8        Jemea Thomas        Georgia Tech        5'10"        190        187        rSr
9        Dontae Johnson        North Carolina State          6'2"        199        243        Sr
10        Nickoe Whitley        Mississippi State        6'0"        205        247        rSr
11        Christian Bryant        Ohio State        5'9"        193        262        Sr
12        Tre Boston        North Carolina        6'0"        198        271        Sr
13        Ty Zimmerman        Kansas State        6'1"        204        273        rSr
14        Jonathan Dowling        Western Kentucky        6'2"        198        280        rJr

2014 Strong Safety Rankings
Code:

1        Deone Bucannon          Washington State          6'1"        216        54        Sr
2        Ahmad Dixon        Baylor        6'0"        205        55        Sr
3        Jimmie Ward        Northern Illinois        5'11"        191        71        Sr
4        Craig Loston        LSU        6'1"        214        135        rSr
5        Vinnie Sunseri        Alabama        6'0"        210        169        Jr
6        Isaiah Lewis        Michigan State        5'10"        205        186        Sr
7        Hakeem Smith        Louisville        6'0"        186        192        rSr
8        Sean Parker        Washington        5'10"        193        223        Sr
9        Alden Darby        Arizona State        5'10"        192        229        Sr

2014 Kicker Rankings
Code:

Rank          Player        School          Height          Weight          Overall          Class 
1        Anthony Fera          Texas        6'1"        218        215        rSr
2        Chris Boswell        Rice        6'2"        183        218        rSr

2014 Punter Rankings
Code:

1        Kirby Van Der Kamp          Iowa State          6'4"        202        204        Sr
2        Tom Hornsey        Memphis        6'3"        217        231        Sr
3        Steven Clark        Auburn        6'6"        226        295        Sr

TexansFTW 02-10-2014 11:48 AM

Chris Boswell / Kirby Van Der Kamp

1.01 / 2.01

Boom!

Playoffs 02-10-2014 11:51 AM

Top 32 Rankings
Code:

1        TeddyBridgewaterQB        Louisville        6'3"        205
2        Jadeveon ClowneyDE        South Carolina        6'5"        274
3        Sammy Watkins        WR        Clemson                6'1"        205
4        Greg Robinson        OT        Auburn                6'5"        320
5        Jake Matthews        OT        Texas A&M        6'5"        305
6        Khalil Mack        OLB        Buffalo                6'3"        248
7        Anthony Barr        OLB        UCLA                6'4"        260
8        Blake Bortles        QB        Central Florida        6'5"        230
9        Kony Ealy        DE        Missouri        6'5"        275
10        Justin Gilbert        CB        Oklahoma State        6'0"        200
11        Johnny Manziel        QB        Texas A&M        6'0"        210
12        Mike Evans        WR        Texas A&M        6'5"        225
13        Derek Carr        QB        Fresno State        6'3"        215
14        Dee Ford        DE        Auburn                6'2"        243
15        Eric Ebron        TE        North Carolina        6'4"        245
16        C.J. Mosley        ILB        Alabama                6'2"        232
17        HaHa Clinton-DixFS        Alabama                6'1"        208
18        Darqueze DennardCB        Michigan State        5'11"        197
19        Calvin Pryor        FS        Louisville        6'2"        208
20        Taylor Lewan        OT        Michigan        6'7"        315
21        Cyrus Kouandjio        OT        Alabama                6'5"        310
22        Jason Verrett        CB        TCU                5'10"        176
23        Zack Martin        OT        Notre Dame        6'4"        305
24        Odell Beckham        WR        LSU                5'11"        193
25        Aaron Donald        DT        Pitt                6'1"        288
26        Louis Nix        DT        Notre Dame        6'2"        345
27        Allen Robinson        WR        Penn State        6'3"        210
28        Jace Amaro        TE        Texas Tech        6'5"        260
29        Timmy Jernigan        DT        FSU                6'2"        298
30        Ra'Shede HagemanDT        Minnesota        6'6"        318
31        Ryan Shazier        OLB        Ohio State        6'2"        230
32        Kyle Van Noy        OLB        BYU                6'3"        244

Playoffs 02-27-2014 09:08 AM

12/27 Updated Top 10 per position & Top 32

Code:

Top 32 Rankings
 Rank        Player                Pos.        School                Height        Weight
1        TeddyBridgewaterQB        Louisville        6'2⅛"        214
2        Jadeveon ClowneyDE        South Carolina        6'5¼"        266
3        Sammy Watkins        WR        Clemson        6'0¾"        211
4        Greg Robinson        OT        Auburn        6'5"        332
5        Jake Matthews        OT        Texas A&M        6'5½"        308
6        Khalil Mack        OLB        Buffalo        6'2⅝"        251
7        Anthony Barr        OLB        UCLA        6'4⅞"        255
8        Blake Bortles        QB        Central Florida        6'5"        232
9        Kony Ealy        DE        Missouri        6'4"        273
10        Justin Gilbert        CB        Oklahoma State        6'0⅛"        202
11        Johnny Manziel        QB        Texas A&M        5'11¾"        207
12        Mike Evans        WR        Texas A&M        6'4¾"        231
13        Derek Carr        QB        Fresno State        6'2⅜"        214
14        Dee Ford        DE        Auburn        6'2"        243
15        Taylor Lewan        OT        Michigan        6'7⅛"        309
16        Eric Ebron        TE        North Carolina        6'4⅜"        250
17        C.J. Mosley        ILB        Alabama        6'2"        234
18        HaHa ClintonDix        FS        Alabama        6'1⅜"        208
19        Calvin Pryor        FS        Louisville        5'11⅛"        207
20        Odell Beckham        WR        LSU        5'11¼"        198
21        Aaron Donald        DT        Pitt        6'0¾"        285
22        Jason Verrett        CB        TCU        5'9¾"        189
23        Zack Martin        OT        Notre Dame        6'4"        308
24        Darqueze DennardCB        Michigan State        5'10⅞"        199
25        Jace Amaro        TE        Texas Tech        6'5⅜"        265
26        Brandin Cooks        WR        Oregon State        5'9¾"        189
27        Timmy Jernigan        DT        FSU        6'1⅝"        298
28        Allen Robinson        WR        Penn State        6'2⅝"        220
29        Ra'Shede HagemanDT        Minnesota        6'5⅞"        310
30        Ryan Shazier        OLB        Ohio State        6'1"        237
31        Kyle Van Noy        OLB        BYU        6'3⅛"        243
32        Louis Nix        DT        Notre Dame        6'2⅜"        331

Texian 04-18-2014 05:33 PM

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 4m

and last but not least . Never Forget @NFLDraftScout (Matt "I love Andy" Miller) said Andy Dalton would be better than Andrew Luck #NAILEDit

Never forget -- > @NFLDraftScout (Matt Miller) said T-Rich #Colts was the best running back in the game. #BleacherReport

^^^Why I unfollowed Miller on twitter^^^^