Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   rodeo houston presale code (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103776)

pissknocker 01-14-2014 06:08 PM

rodeo houston presale code
 
Does anyone have rodeo presale codes for this year?

kingtexan 01-18-2014 11:14 AM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
hope you found one because you aint buying them on the rodeo site when they go on sale. scalpers have the market cornered.

StarStruck 01-18-2014 11:41 AM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Although I didn't get the location I wanted I did get tickets for Usher, Thicke, and Reba. I also really wanted Urban and Maroon 5, but will be out of town on both days.:(

kingtexan 01-18-2014 05:46 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
We eventually got Paisley, Young, Aldean, Bryan, and Zack Brown, but it took over an hour and a half just to get through to buy the first set, and over two hours total ... by then the best we did was one in the 300 level, and one in the 500's, and rest in the 600's. Ticket scalping should be illegal. Plain and simple.

StarStruck 01-18-2014 07:16 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingtexan (Post 2287315)
We eventually got Paisley, Young, Aldean, Bryan, and Zack Brown, but it took over an hour and a half just to get through to buy the first set, and over two hours total ... by then the best we did was one in the 300 level, and one in the 500's, and rest in the 600's. Ticket scalping should be illegal. Plain and simple.

I read that there were problems with system due to high volume. Ticket volume has always been high and don't see how this year is any different. My first attempt was suppose to be a 9 minute wait that lasted over an hour and half. My Uverse lost signal and I think the search froze. I also tried to group my selections with no luck and neither was calling. The other two ended up in the 1 1/2 range as we'll. Did you include bus or train as well.

Honoring Earl 34 01-19-2014 09:55 AM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 2287357)
I read that there were problems with system due to high volume. Ticket volume has always been high and don't see how this year is any different. My first attempt was suppose to be a 9 minute wait that lasted over an hour and half. My Uverse lost signal and I think the search froze. I also tried to group my selections with no luck and neither was calling. The other two ended up in the 1 1/2 range as we'll. Did you include bus or train as well.

I tried to get Zac Brown but only the nosebleeds were left . I then checked the ticket outlets and there was several thousand available for a small fortune . If I really wanted to go I would check back the day before and see if they came down on the price .

Blake 01-21-2014 12:00 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingtexan (Post 2287173)
hope you found one because you aint buying them on the rodeo site when they go on sale. scalpers have the market cornered.

Yeah what the hell is that all about? I scored jack squat...

pissknocker 01-21-2014 12:53 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
yea i didnt get what I wanted either. Only thing I can guess is the ticket prices are so cheap junior scalpers can take advantage and buy it all up and still break even at the last minute if they have to. So i guess I will just wait til the day of to buy on craigslist.

Blake 01-21-2014 12:57 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pissknocker (Post 2288871)
yea i didnt get what I wanted either. Only thing I can guess is the ticket prices are so cheap junior scalpers can take advantage and buy it all up and still break even at the last minute if they have to. So i guess I will just wait til the day of to buy on craigslist.

Just be careful you dont get scammed.

astros44 01-24-2014 02:26 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pissknocker (Post 2288871)
yea i didnt get what I wanted either. Only thing I can guess is the ticket prices are so cheap junior scalpers can take advantage and buy it all up and still break even at the last minute if they have to. So i guess I will just wait til the day of to buy on craigslist.

This is not really true...to scalp the rodeo effectively one would have to be a season ticket holder, in which you are shoving out $2,000 for a set of four lowers, or buy and sell individually on craigslist. Very few pairs of lowers and club seats are available on the pre-sale, yet alone the general on sale.


I have season tickets in section 122 - if anyone is looking for a show, PM me and if I'm not using it, I will sell it to you.

robroy72 01-25-2014 01:05 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by astros44 (Post 2290435)
This is not really true...to scalp the rodeo effectively one would have to be a season ticket holder, in which you are shoving out $2,000 for a set of four lowers, or buy and sell individually on craigslist. Very few pairs of lowers and club seats are available on the pre-sale, yet alone the general on sale.


I have season tickets in section 122 - if anyone is looking for a show, PM me and if I'm not using it, I will sell it to you.

Sent you a PM. I think my wife was looking for some of the other shows, too, I'll ask her.

pissknocker 01-25-2014 08:54 PM

Re: rodeo houston presale code
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by astros44 (Post 2290435)
This is not really true...to scalp the rodeo effectively one would have to be a season ticket holder, in which you are shoving out $2,000 for a set of four lowers, or buy and sell individually on craigslist. Very few pairs of lowers and club seats are available on the pre-sale, yet alone the general on sale.


I have season tickets in section 122 - if anyone is looking for a show, PM me and if I'm not using it, I will sell it to you.

Well that's good for the rodeo. It is a non profit I hate to think they are being exploited by the scam scalpers. Thanks for the offer I am sending you a pm for the two shows the wife and I are looking for.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger