Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Just got my hotel for NYC for the Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103742)

GlassHalfFull 01-10-2014 11:34 AM

Just got my hotel for NYC for the Draft

I decided to head to NY for the draft. We have the number 1 pick and several Aggies have a shot at going on the first day. Should be a fun one to attend.

JB 01-10-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Just got my hotel for NYC for the Draft

Sounds great! Take lots of pics!

Hookem Horns 01-10-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2283320)
I decided to head to NY for the draft. We have the number 1 pick and several Aggies have a shot at going on the first day. Should be a fun one to attend.

Do you have to have tickets to get into Radio City Music Hall that day?

GlassHalfFull 01-10-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2283392)
Do you have to have tickets to get into Radio City Music Hall that day?

You do, they are free and you get them by lining up on Wed. starting at 4.

I may have a connection :glasshalffull:

Hookem Horns 01-10-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2283393)
You do, they are free and you get them by lining up on Wed. starting at 4.

I may have a connection :glasshalffull:

Very cool. That sounds like fun. I think this is the most interesting draft we have seen since the Texans launched.

The first one every knew (for the most part) that the Texans were taking Carr. 2006 it was made clear that they weren't going QB because Bob was in love with Carr. I never liked Bush and the other options weren't that "sexy". I honestly knew next to nothing about Mario Williams before that draft.

With this one it's wide open and there are a lot of interesting players coming out. I am really interested to see where Johnny lands. I want to root for him in the NFL and hope he doesn't land on some team I hate or a place like Cleveland (which I think is very likely where he will land).

GlassHalfFull 01-10-2014 02:22 PM

I have wondered if the Jags will take him, he would be reunited with Luke Joeckel and god knows they need an exciting player to put butts in seats.

I am trying to decide if I am wearing Aggie gear, Texans gear or some combination of both.

eriadoc 01-10-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Wow, nice! Hope it's a thoroughly enjoyable trip.

ATXtexanfan 01-10-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

dude that is awesome

Playoffs 01-10-2014 06:53 PM

Be sure to Boo! whoever the Jets draft. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ie/laugh-1.gif

thunderkyss 01-10-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Represent us well.

Boo whoever we pick.

Hookem Horns 01-10-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2283538)
dude that is awesome

GHF is a dudette ;)

As for Johnny going to the Jags I think that is quite possible. Johnny Jags? I couldn't pull for him there for obvious reasons.

I could also see them going with Bortles who is from Orlando and the more safe choice in many peoples eyes.

steelbtexan 01-11-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

I'm jealous

Have fun

thunderkyss 01-11-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2283610)
GHF is a dudette ;)

Like Texian?

axman40 01-12-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Which hotel are you staying? I spent NYE in NYC and stayed at Hotel St. James,it was a good clean hotel close to Times square and Radio City Music Hall.Enjoy NYC a lot of pizza places that sell 2 slices and a soda for $3 or $4 if you go with my favorite pepperoni and mushrooms.
:fans::fans::fans:

GlassHalfFull 01-12-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axman40 (Post 2284162)
Which hotel are you staying? I spent NYE in NYC and stayed at Hotel St. James,it was a good clean hotel close to Times square and Radio City Music Hall.Enjoy NYC a lot of pizza places that sell 2 slices and a soda for $3 or $4 if you go with my favorite pepperoni and mushrooms.
:fans::fans::fans:

We are staying at the Radio City Apartments, it is as low a price as I could find and right next to the Radio City Music Hall.

I think we are going to go in on Tuesday and get settled, maybe catch a show. Turns out we have a wedding to go to on Sat in St. Louis, so will catch a flight out Sat morn.

I managed to talk a few more Texans fans into the trip yesterday. A good tailgating friend had her birthday party a Painting with a Twist during the afternoon playoff game. With wine and beer involved, it wasn't hard to convince people to go. We posted a picture of us all painting on facebook with the post:

"Instead of driving the field, the Texans drove us here"

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...10627630_n.jpg

Kimmy 01-13-2014 12:28 PM

LOL that was so fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2284182)
We are staying at the Radio City Apartments, it is as low a price as I could find and right next to the Radio City Music Hall.

I think we are going to go in on Tuesday and get settled, maybe catch a show. Turns out we have a wedding to go to on Sat in St. Louis, so will catch a flight out Sat morn.

I managed to talk a few more Texans fans into the trip yesterday. A good tailgating friend had her birthday party a Painting with a Twist during the afternoon playoff game. With wine and beer involved, it wasn't hard to convince people to go. We posted a picture of us all painting on facebook with the post:

Marshall 01-13-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

You know. Your trip is the first time I could ever think going to NYC would actually be pleasurable. Now upstate is a different story. Loved it there.

Texans_Chick 01-14-2014 12:46 PM

The Hilton is near there too, often has inexpensive rates.

I am working with Traveling Texans volunteers to see what sorts of group thing we might be able to get for fans.

Imma gonna try to go. Fingers crossed. :)

Texan_Bill 01-14-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

I see you and Dave, Kathryn and Ted but I'm not sure I recognize anyone else. That looks like a lot of fun and I'm glad that was fun!

There's no chance in hades I'll be able to go to New York. With Tobin being out of work for a couple of months, I'm buried. He had hip replacement surgery in December but he had complications. His femur fractured after the surgery and also blood clots were discovered.

dc_txtech 01-15-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Very cool, thanks for sharing and hope y'all have a blast.

Guy on the far right is like, "I'm trying to ****ing paint here! Do I look like I have time to pose for a god damn photo?