Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What got into Alex Smith? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103675)

Texecutioner 01-04-2014 05:27 PM

What got into Alex Smith?

I've never been any advocate for this guy or anything, but today he is looking amazing. He is extending plays well and making great throws. Best I've ever seen him look. He has absolutely shredded the Colts today and will be adding some momentum going into next week to play New England.

eriadoc 01-04-2014 05:30 PM

Re: What got into Alex Smith?

I think he's the type of QB that will thrive in certain systems and not so much in others.

Andrew Luck is reminding me of Peyton Manning's 9-10 playoff record today. :D

JCTexan 01-04-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2279889)
I've never been any advocate for this guy or anything, but today he is looking amazing. He is extending plays well and making great throws. Best I've ever seen him look. He has absolutely shredded the Colts today and will be adding some momentum going into next week to play New England.

Are you predicting San Diego to beat Cincinnati? Otherwise they will be traveling to Denver.

Texecutioner 01-04-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2279891)
I think he's the type of QB that will thrive in certain systems and not so much in others.

Andrew Luck is reminding me of Peyton Manning's 9-10 playoff record today. :D

Man, Luck just came back with a freaking amazing throw and catch from his receiver. It's not totally over just yet, but I like seeing the Andrew Luck struggles myself. :brando:

Speedy 01-04-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Unless the Chargers upset Cincy, the Chiefs play Denver next week.

thunderkyss 01-04-2014 05:35 PM

I think Alex is pretty good at deciding when to take risks, & when not to. For the most part we see him as a game manager, because he's pretty good at managing the game. But it appears he knows "play-off time" is "play-off time."

thunderkyss 01-04-2014 05:37 PM

For reference, he's listed as 6'4" 217

Texecutioner 01-04-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2279900)
I think Alex is pretty good at deciding when to take risks, & when not to. For the most part we see him as a game manager, because he's pretty good at managing the game. But it appears he knows "play-off time" is "play-off time."

He did have an amazing playoff game two years ago against the Saints where he led two come from behind drives to win that game. One of the best post season games ever in NFL history. The next game after that was lost due to a fumble by the KR against the Giants. He has had some nice playoff games. You are right about that.

JB 01-04-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

I think he's finally got some coaching. He went thru what 4 OC while at SF? Finally the one year with Harbaugh he started looking good until hurt. Then Kapernick took over. Now he's not asked to be the savior and burdened with #1 pick status.

Texecutioner 01-04-2014 05:46 PM

Don't look now, but the Chiefs look like they are in a ton of trouble after two straight scores from the Colts where they momentum has shifted. The Colts found their rhythm, and I wouldn't want to be facing Luck right now.

houstonspartan 01-04-2014 05:48 PM

Good coaching can work wonders.

Uncle Rico 01-04-2014 07:21 PM

Lol at this thread.

Showtime100 01-04-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2279998)
Lol at this thread.

How's that?

Texecutioner 01-04-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2279998)
Lol at this thread.

Are you incapable of understanding what it was about or are you here to suggest that Smith didn't have a great game because his teams defense gave up 45 points?

Either way I'm laughing at your troll post as usual.

Showtime100 01-04-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2280006)
Are you incapable of understanding what it was about or are you here to suggest that Smith didn't have a great game because his teams defense gave up 45 points?

Either way I'm laughing at your troll post as usual.

That's why I posted the "huh?"...lol.

30-46, 478 yds, 4 td, 0 int, is torching the defense. He was, unfortunately, only one of two QB's in the game torching defenses.

No, blame it on whatever he wants, but not Smith. Alex Smith got them out of jam after jam.

Playoffs 01-04-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Reid did a fine job game-planning, calling plays and Alex has upped his taking shots downfield. Nice job, tough loss.

Uncle Rico 01-04-2014 07:45 PM

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Texecutioner 01-04-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico (Post 2280018)
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Uuumm do you read the thread at all or do you just get off on dropping turds in threads for kicks? This thread was never about the Chiefs winning or losing. It was about Smith going on a tear early in the game which was surprising.

burro 01-04-2014 08:13 PM

That intentional grounding penalty essentially lost the game for the Chiefs. Unfortunate considering Smith was putting on a clinic for most of the game.

Norg 01-05-2014 10:20 AM

IDK I always thought he reminded me of Scahub jr Capt Checkdown or Capt move teeehhhhhh chains