Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Titans Fire Munchak (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103671)

IDEXAN 12-08-2013 01:12 PM

"Titans reportedly ready to make major changes in coaching and personnel"

Quote:

Apparently, the Houston Texans’ firing of Gary Kubiak has one other AFC South team looking to make major changes very soon — and possibly before the 2013 season is done. According to Mike Silver and Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Tennessee Titans’ front office is not happy with the direction of the team, and head coach Mike Munchak is coaching for his job at this point. Because the Texans are now the only NFL team able to openly and publicly talk to available head-coaching candidates like Lovie Smith, the move may happen sooner than later, Silver reports. In fact, Munchak may not last the season.
http://nfl.si.com/2013/12/08/tenness...son/?eref=sihp

Honoring Earl 34 12-08-2013 01:15 PM

Re: "Titans reportedly ready to make major changes in coaching and personnel"

I'll take Munch as an OL coach right now .

Playoffs 12-08-2013 02:14 PM

If this is all true...

I think the Tacks are fooling themselves if they think they need to fire Munch now so they can "get ahead" of the Texans for first choice.

Anyone choosing Possum Holler while still a Texans candidate would have to have his decision-making called into question. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ie/laugh-1.gif

houstonspartan 12-08-2013 02:22 PM

Lol. That's a Bud Adams-ish move. He was always looking over his shoulder nervously at the Texans.

Aren't they technically still in the hunt for a wild card spot?

Regardless, no way they could compete with us for top coaches. The job here is much, much better than that one.

JB 12-08-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonspartan (Post 2265665)
Lol. That's a Bud Adams-ish move. He was always looking over his shoulder nervously at the Texans.

Aren't they technically still in the hunt for a wild card spot?

Regardless, no way they could compete with us for top coaches. The job here is much, much better than that one.

Bud Adams is no longer there, who knows what that franchise is thought of?

chicagotexan2 12-08-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 (Post 2265594)
I'll take Munch as an OL coach right now .

I always thought munchak as the HC was an odd choice but I'd love munchak and Matthews in heartbeat to whip the few OL that deserve a job here.

Norg 12-08-2013 10:37 PM

Kubes to TENN !!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Playoffs 12-08-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2266011)

God, I didn't even think of that. It's happening!

Scooter 12-08-2013 10:53 PM

i would definitely believe they're targeting kubiak, but i HIGHLY doubt that he would want to go to tennessee. remember this is a guy that reportedly turned down offers as a coordinator in denver before coming to houston. i cant imagine him wanting to uproot and go to tennessee.

Texecutioner 12-08-2013 11:24 PM

Munchak never had that strong of a chance to turn that team around. Wasn't the best coaching gig for him to take. Like many coaches in the past, he never had an adequate QB to work with. I thought he did alright considering what the Titans had to work with, but I didn't think he would last that long either. I'd love to have that guy as an Oline coach.

nero THE zero 12-09-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter (Post 2266023)
i would definitely believe they're targeting kubiak, but i HIGHLY doubt that he would want to go to tennessee. remember this is a guy that reportedly turned down offers as a coordinator in denver before coming to houston. i cant imagine him wanting to uproot and go to tennessee.

I don't see any reason why not. There are only 32 of those jobs.

Though, my money is on him taking a year off for health reasons before looking to come back.

HOU-TEX 12-09-2013 10:25 AM

Drafting Locker has hurt Munch in a big way. Hiring a lot of his buddies to coach might've hurt him a bit too.

4Texans 12-09-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nero THE zero (Post 2266148)
I don't see any reason why not. There are only 32 of those jobs.

Though, my money is on him taking a year off for health reasons before looking to come back.

Exactly. I see him taking the year off and making sure his health is in check to. When the opportunity comes, he will want to be a head coach again and no reason that couldn't happen in Tenn.

infantrycak 12-09-2013 11:42 AM

Taking a year off is a rarity for NFL coaches - one pretty much limited to those who know they have the cache to have offers when they get back. That's true even though they are often owed money from their old employer so not making anything significant by going to a new job. I doubt Kubiak turns down an OC gig of college HC gig unless it is a horrible situation.

Vinny 12-09-2013 11:59 AM

Both Munchack and Matthews will be free if they implode that staff. Both class, class guys. I'd love to have them here coaching the line....but that's putting the cart way in front of the horse at this point.

Norg 12-09-2013 12:18 PM

Munchack and Matthews come back home to Houston ..??????

naaaaa LOL

Hookem Horns 12-09-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2266011)

I seriously doubt anyone is going to be giving Kubiak a HC job any time soon. Most know that he should not have lasted as long as he did here.

At this point I am not even sure he is still a good OC since everything he does is becoming more and more dated and ineffective.

Norg 12-10-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2266668)
I seriously doubt anyone is going to be giving Kubiak a HC job any time soon. Most know that he should not have lasted as long as he did here.

At this point I am not even sure he is still a good OC since everything he does is becoming more and more dated and ineffective.

he would make a hell of a QB coach

toronto 12-10-2013 02:03 PM

If ever a team needed an enema when it comes to their coaching staff, man do the Texans and Titans have something in common. Munchak was handed a ton of talent this year, but was so in over his head, it was downright comical. Yes Locker got hurt, but there is talent at every position. He can't manage a game, doesn't know how to challenge plays, and tries way too hard to play the emotionless CEO card. It was a terrible hire to begin with, but part of a 40 year run of mosly sad choices by a bad franchise.

Seriously, when Jeff Fisher is looked at as the best the franchise ever had, that o me shows how futile its been.

HOU-TEX 12-10-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 2266984)
If ever a team needed an enema when it comes to their coaching staff, man do the Texans and Titans have something in common. Munchak was handed a ton of talent this year, but was so in over his head, it was downright comical. Yes Locker got hurt, but there is talent at every position. He can't manage a game, doesn't know how to challenge plays, and tries way too hard to play the emotionless CEO card. It was a terrible hire to begin with, but part of a 40 year run of mosly sad choices by a bad franchise.

Seriously, when Jeff Fisher is looked at as the best the franchise ever had, that o me shows how futile its been.

When you say franchise do you mean the Tennessee titans? Or are the Oilers history included.

If it does include the Oilers, the person(s) saying such things is psycho. I'm not sure he'd even be top 5.

I apologize in advance if I misread