Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who should get fired next? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103334)

mussop 12-06-2013 06:25 PM

Who should get fired next?

Secondary coach or secondary scout? It's just pathetic that our secondary makes so many mental mistakes and play with such poor technique.

Showtime100 12-06-2013 06:31 PM

Re: Who should get fired next?

Not much to choose from, dude. I see you think the secondary coaches should be next, but put something besides "other" for the rest of us?

cdain1 12-06-2013 06:31 PM

Schaub

welsh texan 12-06-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2264440)
Secondary coach or secondary scout? It's just pathetic that our secondary makes so many mental mistakes and play with such poor technique.

Vance can maybe be credited with bringing Kareem along but the regression has been hideous.

Linebackers coach, Cushing is Cushing so discount him, mercilus a first rounder, reed a second, both dog****. Sharpton showed some promise too and he hasn't been able to get anything of value out of a carousel of FA signings.

Dline coach similar story, smith and watt are what they are, everyone else has shown very little of value, and a guy they saw nothing in is contributing in New England right now.

It'll be surprising if wade survives quite frankly, Kubiak at least got contributions out of low round talent on O. I'm hoping its just a case that you can't fire everyone mid season and not that any of these Schmucks are going to survive.

steelbtexan 12-06-2013 06:36 PM

Rick Smith

It will never happen BoB owes him 2 more yrs.

BoB's statement shows how out of touch, or how little hcares about the state of the franchise. (The Texans are one of the most talented teams in the NFL) BoB show me where all of this talent resides.

steelbtexan 12-06-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh texan (Post 2264446)
Vance can maybe be credited with bringing Kareem along but the regression has been hideous.

Linebackers coach, Cushing is Cushing so discount him, mercilus a first rounder, reed a second, both dog****. Sharpton showed some promise too and he hasn't been able to get anything of value out of a carousel of FA signings.

Dline coach similar story, smith and watt are what they are, everyone else has shown very little of value, and a guy they saw nothing in is contributing in New England right now.

It'll be surprising if wade survives quite frankly, Kubiak at least got contributions out of low round talent on O. I'm hoping its just a case that you can't fire everyone mid season and not that any of these Schmucks are going to survive.

Repped

I wouldn't count on Rick and probably Wade being fired.

htownfan32 12-06-2013 06:40 PM

It's not gonna happen, but I want Wade to get the axe. Dude's defense is just getting worse.

steelbtexan 12-06-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 2264440)

Rick provides the players.

Didn't Rick used to play DB in college?

PapaL 12-06-2013 06:41 PM

The wishy washy fans.

mussop 12-06-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2264444)
Not much to choose from, dude. I see you think the secondary coaches should be next, but put something besides "other" for the rest of us?

Did you not see option B, the secondary scout or scouts?

steelbtexan 12-06-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2264457)
The wishy washy fans.

Let me make my message clear

Fire them all

Not gonna happen and the team will continue to bear the fruit of these decisions.

WolverineFan 12-06-2013 06:48 PM

I find it hard to blame the scouts when Wade is the one running Brice McCain out there to cover Julian Edelman and Jeff Tarpinian to cover Rob Gronkowski man-to-man.

Everyone knows we are going to run man coverage in the red zone. There are ways to beat man coverage. If you know a team is going to run man coverage then you can design your offensive plan to specifically exploit man coverage. Wade doesn't seem to understand this. That has nothing to do with scouts and everything to do with coaching.

mussop 12-06-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2264463)
I find it hard to blame the scouts when Wade is the one running Brice McCain out there to cover Julian Edelman and Jeff Tarpinian to cover Rob Gronkowski man-to-man.

Everyone knows we are going to run man coverage in the red zone. There are ways to beat man coverage. If you know a team is going to run man coverage then you can design your offensive plan to specifically exploit man coverage. Wade doesn't seem to understand this. That has nothing to do with scouts and everything to do with coaching.

Good points.

Seegara 12-06-2013 06:54 PM

Other meaning Marciano.

PapaL 12-06-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seegara (Post 2264473)
Other meaning Marciano.

He's already been fired.

TEXANRED 12-06-2013 07:15 PM

Dennison should be fired next along with Bullock.

ATXtexanfan 12-06-2013 07:18 PM

chicken or egg? elite pass rush or elite secondary?

CloakNNNdagger 12-06-2013 07:19 PM

I hate to say it, but Wade's D game plans, have become just as stale and predictable and penalty-laden as Kubiak's O...........neither having a reasonable concept of what it means to adjust.........making me ponder what would have him assigned the interim HC position, let alone not being released himself (unless the plan is for his release right after the last game).

Thorn 12-06-2013 07:20 PM

Except for the fact he's the interim head coach, Wade needs to be the next to go.

Linca 12-06-2013 07:20 PM

Dennison is out the door, then hopefully its the linebacker coach, then the secondary coach...And then anyone who messes up next to set an example.