Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103295)

Marcus 12-04-2013 12:39 PM

Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Read it carefully now.....

It's not SHOULD he fire him?

The question is, do you think he WILL fire him?

I'll start it off and say no, for the following reasons.

1) He always takes into account the amount of injuries.
2) He considers Kubiak to be the best in the business in bringing along QBs.
3) The stroke gave him a get-out-of-jail-free card.

PapaL 12-04-2013 12:39 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
You forgot the poll.

Yes.

TexansSeminole 12-04-2013 12:40 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Yes, Kubiak is done.

2slik4u 12-04-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2261703)
Read it carefully now.....

It's not SHOULD he fire him?

The question is, do you think he WILL fire him?

I'll start it off and say no, for the following reasons.

1) He always takes into account the amount of injuries.
2) He considers Kubiak to be the best in the business in bringing along QBs.
3) The stroke gave him a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Yes he will fire him. It is blatantly obvious around the country that the fans have turned on kubiak and the Texans. Media blasts him daily. When you start to lose your fan base the that typically equates to lost revenues. At the end of the day Bob is a money man which is why he bought a team.

Kubiak will be fired because he has lost 10 in a row in a season that we were pegged as many as contenders for the Super Bowl.

Marcus 12-04-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2261704)
You forgot the poll.

I hate it when that happens. :gun: and there's no way I can correct it.

Edit: Maybe a mod can bail me out. :)

infantrycak 12-04-2013 12:50 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2261709)
I hate it when that happens. :gun: and there's no way I can correct it.

Edit: Maybe a mod can bail me out. :)

Not an option to my knowledge. Start up a new one with a poll and I will merge this into it.

2012Champs 12-04-2013 12:53 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I dont think Gary gets the axe.

Dutchrudder 12-04-2013 12:55 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I think the question everyone wants to know is if it's more likely Kubiak will be fired or Mack Brown. Start a poll about that, I bet people will like it.

TheIronDuke 12-04-2013 12:59 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I sincerely believe we are stuck with Kubes and Rick Smith and will be sick when and if they are both retained. I will seriously consider getting my Texans tat covered up if that happens.

Marcus 12-04-2013 01:09 PM

Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Read carefully now...

It's not SHOULD fire him.

The question is, do you think he WILL fire him?

DX-TEX 12-04-2013 01:11 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Call me wishy washy, not a real fan or whatever....but if Kubiak is retained after this debacle I am done with this team

houstonspartan 12-04-2013 01:11 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2261708)
Yes he will fire him. It is blatantly obvious around the country that the fans have turned on kubiak and the Texans. Media blasts him daily. When you start to lose your fan base the that typically equates to lost revenues. At the end of the day Bob is a money man which is why he bought a team.

Kubiak will be fired because he has lost 10 in a row in a season that we were pegged as many as contenders for the Super Bowl.

Your comments are interesting, because I've disagreed with people who say that the fans have no power. Of course we do. The Texans will likely lose money next year because they can't raise ticket prices even a penny because of Gary Kubiak. That's real world, hard core, logic and economics.

However, emotion can sometimes trump economics. As much as I think Kubiak should be fired, McNair has a deep affinity for the guy. I have seen people in the workplace that were totally incompetent slide by because someone liked them.

Kubiak should be fired, but, McNair really likes the guy. It's emotional for him. McNair cares less about winning a Super Bowl than he does about his relationship with Gary Kubiak.

Marcus 12-04-2013 01:14 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2261720)
Not an option to my knowledge. Start up a new one with a poll and I will merge this into it.

Done cak. And thanks.

HOU-TEX 12-04-2013 01:16 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Imo, it would be very very hard for McNair to keep Kubiak. The negative outpour towards the Texans would be monumental. McNair has shown how loyal he is towards his people....so, who knows

I do, however, think he'll hold on to Smith. But, that wasn't what this thread's about

infantrycak 12-04-2013 01:19 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonspartan (Post 2261741)
Your comments are interesting, because I've disagreed with people who say that the fans have no power. Of course we do. The Texans will likely lose money next year because they can't raise ticket prices even a penny because of Gary Kubiak. That's real world, hard core, logic and economics.

However, emotion can sometimes trump economics. As much as I think Kubiak should be fired, McNair has a deep affinity for the guy. I have seen people in the workplace that were totally incompetent slide by because someone liked them.

Kubiak should be fired, but, McNair really likes the guy. It's emotional for him. McNair cares less about winning a Super Bowl than he does about his relationship with Gary Kubiak.

I can see McNair doing it and not based on liking Kubiak.

IF McNair believes the #1 problem is the QB he may keep Kubiak thinking the problem this year is the unexpected cratering of their starting QB and the belief Kubiak is a QB guy to develop a new starter between Keenum and a draft pick.

Not saying it is the right decision but a scenario I would not be shocked by.

Beer and Metal 12-04-2013 01:23 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I don't think he'll have to. Kubiak will retire for health reasons.

The Pencil Neck 12-04-2013 01:25 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I expect McNair to fire Kubiak after this season. OTOH, I expected McNair to fire Kubiak after the 6-10 season, so I could be wrong.

The Pencil Neck 12-04-2013 01:25 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer and Metal (Post 2261754)
I don't think he'll have to. Kubiak will retire for health reasons.

That's a distinct possibility.

Thorn 12-04-2013 01:28 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I don't think Kubiak is coming back next season. How that happens, I don't know, but I just don't think he'll be back.


If he does come back I'll be pissed as hell, I'll ***** about it in here, but I'll still be watching next season just as I always will.

escrimador 12-04-2013 01:43 PM

Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?
 
I don't think so. I think he'll keep him for the last year of his contract.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger