Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103275)

PapaL 12-03-2013 10:24 AM

Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady

What say you?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...with-tom-brady

Quote:

Two security guards working Sunday's Patriots-Texans game at Reliant Stadium say they were fired after taking a picture with quarterback Tom Brady following New England's 34-31 victory.

“When you are at your post and you're doing your job, you're not supposed to take pictures with anybody because your job is to secure that area,” Joel Williams told KHOU.com on Monday.

“I said, ‘Hey Tom Brady, good job, good game man.' He looked at me and smiled,” Williams said. “He was very polite, very nice guy, humble. Sometimes I see players and say hello, and they just keep walking.”

Brady and Williams took a photo together and that's when things took a turn for the worst.

“Immediately after I took the picture, I got ran down by a supervisor,” Williams said. “They didn't' really give a reason, they said you know you're wrong and you're fired."

Double Barrel 12-03-2013 10:26 AM

Re: Texans security guards fired for taking photo with Tom Brady

Wow, I don't see the big deal, but obviously security guard supervisor does. idonno:

Playoffs 12-03-2013 10:29 AM

They were employees of Contemporary Services Corporation, not the Texans.

Quote:

“It is strictly against CSC policy for its employees to request photos or autographs from players,” CSC told KHOU 11 in a statement. “CSC stands by its decision to terminate the two employees who violated this policy.”
They knew the policy, rolled the dice, and will now probably sue CSC. Good luck to them.

disaacks3 12-03-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2261076)

They knew the policy, rolled the dice, and will now probably sue CSC. Good luck to them.

Does the policy apply when you're off-the-clock? That'll be a big question either at their unemployment hearing, or for McNair to consider. (If he calls CSC, they'd capitulate)

Double Barrel 12-03-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2261076)

I understand that, but dude claims he was off duty.

Quote:

For his part, Williams says he didn't break any rules because he had finished his shift.

chicagotexan2 12-03-2013 10:37 AM

Did they post the pics online? Why? If so, then that was dumb.

YeaLikeRightNow 12-03-2013 10:39 AM

Maybe the supervisors thought they were trading spy photos! :evil:

Playoffs 12-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2261081)
I understand that, but dude claims he was off duty.

Title says "Texans", just clarifying.

How did they get access to Brady? If they were in a secured area they used their position to get star-shots. If they ran into Tom on the streets, no biggie. I'm sure some smart lawyer will take a third of their action.

DBCooper 12-03-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 2261080)
Does the policy apply when you're off-the-clock? That'll be a big question either at their unemployment hearing, or for McNair to consider. (If he calls CSC, they'd capitulate)

My employee handbook says that if I am still in uniform, even when off duty, I am representing.

Double Barrel 12-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2261096)
Title says "Texans", just clarifying.

How did they get access to Brady? If they were in a secured area they used their position to get star-shots. If they ran into Tom on the streets, no biggie. I'm sure some smart lawyer will take a third of their action.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2261102)
My employee handbook says that if I am still in uniform, even when off duty, I am representing.

ahhh, both good points. I don't have a dog in this hunt, so hope his picture with Brady was worth it. :photos:

DX-TEX 12-03-2013 11:31 AM

Was Schaub working the camera?

texanhead08 12-03-2013 11:34 AM

You are held accountable as long as you aren't a player, coach, or gm.

PapaL 12-03-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 (Post 2261085)
Did they post the pics online? Why? If so, then that was dumb.

According to the article, they were fired on the spot. The pictures became public after the fact.

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/gu...rady-fired.jpg

Guy in the picture said his shift was over.

Who knows...

Playoffs 12-03-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2261128)
Guy in the picture said his shift was over...

Forgot to take his name tag off?

PapaL 12-03-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2261135)
Forgot to take his name tag off?

I wear my lanyard at lunch and in the car. Doesn't mean I'm at work or on shift.

disaacks3 12-03-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2261102)

True, but that's historically been non-enforceable when there is no foreseeable harm in the employee action.

Good guidelines from a law firm at the Link

I'm fully with CSC (and their policies) during the paid shift hours. I'm also cognizant of the fact that due to their positions, these officers had access unavailable to the general public. That said, it's not their fault that they don't sign out from their shift in an unsecured area.

Honoring Earl 34 12-03-2013 11:55 AM

Another sad story in the 2013 season .

Mr teX 12-03-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 2261146)
True, but that's historically been non-enforceable when there is no foreseeable harm in the employee action.

Good guidelines from a law firm at the Link

I'm fully with CSC (and their policies) during the paid shift hours. I'm also cognizant of the fact that due to their positions, these officers had access unavailable to the general public. That said, it's not their fault that they don't sign out from their shift in an unsecured area.

True, but i worked for the astros in their retail store for a little bit & we got the same speech. If players came into the store, no taking pics or asking for autographs & crap like that....mostly it was about bothering the players & or causing a scene with other fans...but it was also for authentication purposes and things of that nature.

Lord Bills 12-03-2013 12:09 PM

another disgusting act by this texan front office.

I bet you anything if the texans won this game and they did the same thing, they would not have been fired. They were made a scapegoat just like the 3 guys who were smoking in the bathroom.

Total overreaction by the front office instituting once again, draconian zero tolerance policies.

Taking out your frustrations for your sorry season on security guards after taking it out on young players is a sad and pathetic act by this team.

eriadoc 12-03-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2261128)

That guy needs smaller shoulders.