Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103218)

gafftop 11-29-2013 11:26 AM

Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

We always see price increases after a winning season.

Since the Texans now are one of the worst teams I think we should get a rebate for this season or a lowering of ticket prices for next year.

Only fair I think.

Reminds me of the government. Once a tax is imposed are increased it never goes away or goes down.

Norg 11-29-2013 11:32 AM

Re: Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

I would hope so **** they better

welsh texan 11-29-2013 11:33 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...203135227.html

Can't cut and paste bits of the story as I'm on my phone, but you reckon we'd see an nfl team do this ever?

Bayern Munich refunded every single ticket sold last season due to a lack of competition on all fronts, as they won the treble and wrapped up the league by April.

I can't imagine any nfl owner dropping ticket prices myself.

Showtime100 11-29-2013 11:39 AM

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember after a particularly bad year (2-14 probably) they screamed from the highest mountain they were not going to raise the prices for the next year. To see the promo's or whatever they acted like they were cutting the rice in half when all they were saying was the fan simply was not going to have to pay more.

The NFL's version of cutting the fan a break, I remember thinking. Non-profit organization my azz. :kitten:

2012Champs 11-29-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gafftop (Post 2258555)

Since the Texans now are one of the worst teams I think we should get a rebate for this season or a lowering of ticket prices for next year.

Only fair I think.

Reminds me of the government. Once a tax is imposed are increased it never goes away or goes down.

If enough fans walk away they might consider it. I dont think enough people will though

2012Champs 11-29-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2258567)
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember after a particularly bad year (2-14 probably) they screamed from the highest mountain they were not going to raise the prices for the next year. To see the promo's or whatever they acted like they were cutting the rice in half when all they were saying was the fan simply was not going to have to pay more.

The NFL's version of cutting the fan a break, I remember thinking. Non-profit organization my azz. :kitten:

Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? Are the teams non-profit?

Showtime100 11-29-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2258569)
Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? Are the teams non-profit?

Beats me. I would think the teams set prices and since the NFL itself is "non-profit" the teams would be as well. But I really don't know.

2012Champs 11-29-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2258575)
Beats me. I would think the teams set prices and since the NFL itself is "non-profit" the teams would be as well. But I really don't know.

The teams are for profit

Showtime100 11-29-2013 12:07 PM

Oky doke. Sounds right to me.

welsh texan 11-29-2013 12:23 PM

Yeah the nfl being not for profit is simply a tax avoidance scheme so they can move their billions around free of charge.

htownfan32 11-29-2013 12:29 PM

It would be nice to take my parents to a Texans game. I've yet to even take them to an A&M game, so I gotta start somewhere -_-

steelbtexan 11-29-2013 12:36 PM

I had a dream

Never ever ever going to happen.

BoB's all about the $$$$ he's not going to cut into his profit to appease the fans. Regardless of the crap management/product he puts on the field.

My way of expressing my displeasure is to not buy anymore Texans gear until thins change. I started this boycott after the 2010 season. Fire them all BoB they're abject failures.

As 2012 Champs said, BoB doesn't owe the fans anything.

eriadoc 11-29-2013 01:30 PM

Best you can hope for is for prices to remain the same. What I used to love is how they would raise parking prices but never improve parking. No more concrete (less for the average fan, actually), no greater number of parking attendants, and no additional services. Just a straight cash grab. I think they started adding some attendants after I dropped my PSLs, though.

Honestly, 99% of you will pay whatever they demand, so no big deal. And before anyone thinks I am saying that negatively, I'm not. I want you to continue paying whatever they demand so I can watch it on TV. ;)

steelbtexan 11-29-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2258609)
Best you can hope for is for prices to remain the same. What I used to love is how they would raise parking prices but never improve parking. No more concrete (less for the average fan, actually), no greater number of parking attendants, and no additional services. Just a straight cash grab. I think they started adding some attendants after I dropped my PSLs, though.

Honestly, 99% of you will pay whatever they demand, so no big deal. And before anyone thinks I am saying that negatively, I'm not. I want you to continue paying whatever they demand so I can watch it on TV. ;)

They added more parking attendants after the Cowgirl game debacle. The attendants felt empowered and showed no common sense. Thing have slowly gotten back to normal.

Speedy 11-29-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gafftop (Post 2258555)

I believe we've seen a price increase after every season, winning or not, except one.

And they did raise the prices after the 2-14 season.

TejasTom 11-29-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2258569)
Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? ...

Teams set prices for regular season, NFL sets prices for playoffs.

ArlingtonTexan 11-29-2013 06:43 PM

Well, of course, not. that stadium is still sold out and largely full of Texan' fans with plenty of merchandise on. They might hold the line of price, but I would bet on price increase over anything else.

badboy 11-29-2013 07:20 PM

Quick someone call me an ambulance! I busted out laughing so hard my eyeballs fell out and I don't want to move and maybe squish them. Please tell the EMTs to tread gently when they come in. WHAHAHAHAHA

CloakNNNdagger 11-29-2013 07:28 PM

McNair will undoubtedly come up with a GIMMICK in the form of a simple change of coaching and/or player personnel and trumpet the horn with accompanied unlimited excitement promotion of such, making the world believe it will be the best thing since buttered bread........just like techniques used with the "introduction" of Obama Care. And just like Obama Care, after all is said and done, it will unmercifully affect your health (mental, if nothing more).........and your pocketbook.:kitten:

Texan_Bill 11-29-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?
I'm pretty much sure that there's only been one season where that hasn't
been a ticket increase irrespective of the record. Other than that, they'll be going up yet again!