Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   So if the Shanihans and Kubiak are fired, does that mean... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103204)

Playoffs 11-27-2013 01:11 PM

So if the Shanihans and Kubiak are fired, does that mean...

So if the Shanihans and Kubiak are fired, does that mean the Shanny/Broncos/ZBS based offense is no longer viable in today's NFL?

Redskins are 3-8 and Texans are 2-9. If Shanihan & Kubiak can't make these offenses work, who can? Is it personnel?... or is the system broken?

Texian 11-27-2013 01:16 PM

Re: So if the Shanihans and Kubiak are fired, does that mean...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2258146)
So if the Shanihans and Kubiak are fired, does that mean the Shanny/Broncos/ZBS based offense is no longer viable in today's NFL?

Redskins are 3-8 and Texans are 2-9. If Shanihan & Kubiak can't make these offenses work, who can? Is it personnel?... or is the system broken?

The WCO is alive and well throughout the NFL and so is the ZBS.

Thorn 11-27-2013 02:34 PM

The ZBS, like any system, will work quite well if you have the right players and coaches. We don't seem to have either right now.

Double Barrel 11-27-2013 02:41 PM

Most teams use plays and concepts from the WCO, but no team is running a pure Bill Walsh WCO these days.

powda 11-27-2013 03:05 PM

The zbs is fine outside the redzone. Condense the field and things change. It does look like it's dying even if all the teams use it occasionally. I don't know that anyone can use it exclusively.

HJam72 11-27-2013 04:13 PM

We just need really big endzones. :kitten:

Rey 11-27-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2258206)
We just need really big endzones. :kitten:

Is that a VY joke?

HJam72 11-27-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2258208)
Is that a VY joke?

Um, no, but now you got me wondering what THAT means.

Corrosion 11-27-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 2258187)
The zbs is fine outside the redzone. Condense the field and things change. It does look like it's dying even if all the teams use it occasionally. I don't know that anyone can use it exclusively.

Foster led the league in TD's in back to back seasons running in the zone scheme .... With this group , its more about a lack of talent on the OL than the scheme not working.

As for the OP's question , I think its more about these two teams quarterbacks and their lack of talent and injuries.

RG3 is just another scrub QB if he isn't a threat to break a long run - he's not very advanced in the passing game.

Schaub's foot injury ... He cant plant , has lost velocity when he didn't have much to begin with and started making poor decisions on top of that.

Both teams lack talent at the most crucial position on the field , both teams records reflect that.

bhsman 11-27-2013 05:31 PM

If and when Kubiak is let go, I'd love to see Washington hire Kubiak. They can keep the offense consistent and not get RG3 killed.

Honoring Earl 34 11-27-2013 05:39 PM

The Shanny Tree .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pW2bE61Z9U

powda 11-27-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2258218)
Foster led the league in TD's in back to back seasons running in the zone scheme ....

Not this year. Foster WAS elite...our ol talent was better...Shaubs decision making was better. We were succesfull for a number of reasons...and now we are miserable for a number of reasons. Is our failure exclusively a scheme issue? Ofcourse not. But its been a while since we saw our offense dominate a defense. Kubs and shanny are not the only zbs guys in the nfl but they are the biggest proponets...and they are on the way out unless they adapt.

TheIronDuke 11-27-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 2258259)
Not this year. Foster WAS elite...our ol talent was better...Shaubs decision making was better. We were succesfull for a number of reasons...and now we are miserable for a number of reasons. Is our failure exclusively a scheme issue? Ofcourse not. But its been a while since we saw our offense dominate a defense. Kubs and shanny are not the only zbs guys in the nfl but they are the biggest proponets...and they are on the way out unless they adapt.

What's surprising to me is that Shanny Jr seems to be more creative than Kubes and has a lot more talent. So I'm wondering what their excuse is.

Playoffs 11-27-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2258275)
What's surprising to me is that Shanny Jr seems to be more creative than Kubes and has a lot more talent. So I'm wondering what their excuse is.

Fans are saying the exact same things about the Redskins offense as our -- too predictable, no adjustments.

Showtime100 11-27-2013 10:16 PM

Kubes will get fired as will his mentor Shanahan. Shanahan will come here. The offense will go nowhere and there will be whispers the other guy knew the next playcall.

S.O.P. in H-Town. :clown:

powda 11-27-2013 10:44 PM

Can we get a coach who manages the clock, challenges, and for the love of god, ingame adjustments better?

I wouldve killed to have gotten andy reid last year.

Corrosion 11-27-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powda (Post 2258259)

It boils down to talent , when they had it they were able to put up a lot of points , now that they don't they don't and we question the scheme ....

dc_txtech 11-27-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2258218)
Foster led the league in TD's in back to back seasons running in the zone scheme .... With this group , its more about a lack of talent on the OL than the scheme not working.

Often overlooked in my opinion is the fact that only two guys on the Oline remain from Alex Gibbs days. He tended to have an effect everywhere he went.

powda 11-27-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2258286)
It boils down to talent , when they had it they were able to put up a lot of points , now that they don't they don't and we question the scheme ....

Sure. But I don't think the zbs has evolved much since it's inception. Defense s on the other hand have. Teams used to play hardcore zbs teams once or twice a year...now they prepare for those concepts almost weekly. You can't be a one trick pony and expect to have long term success. I think it can work...we've seen it work...but there has to be something else up your sleeve...at the very least have a qb capable of threatening the defense downfield.

How defenses evolved...evolved faster then our scheme AND our talent. Teams caught up to the curve. It only takes 1 coach to find a chink in the armor before it spreads like a plague thru the nfl. I think it was new england.

Goatcheese 11-28-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2258286)

The team sucks because the players on it suck?

MADNESS!