Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Texanator Draft v1 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103177)

thetexanator 11-25-2013 09:50 AM

Texanator Draft v1
 
try to trade at all costs to late half of 1st and pick up an extra 2nd rd.

1.OT-kuandijo, alabama or richardson tennessee or lewan if he drops somehow, who ever is still there.
2.cb-purifoy, florida
2b(late 2nd)-qb-aaron murray, georgia
3-de-jackson jeffcoat, texas
4-wr-dri archer, kent state-slot receiver

the rest--who knows

Texian 11-25-2013 10:01 AM

Re: Texanator Draft v1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2256952)
try to trade at all costs to late half of 1st and pick up an extra 2nd rd.

1.OT-kuandijo, alabama or richardson tennessee or lewan if he drops somehow, who ever is still there.
2.cb-purifoy, florida
2b(late 2nd)-qb-aaron murray, georgia
3-de-jackson jeffcoat, texas
4-wr-dri archer, kent state-slot receiver

the rest--who knows

From where the Texans sit now they would only have to trade back to #10 to pick up an extra 2nd rd and a next year's 1st RD. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

beerlover 11-25-2013 10:04 AM

Re: Texanator Draft v1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2256952)
try to trade at all costs to late half of 1st and pick up an extra 2nd rd.

1.OT-kuandijo, alabama or richardson tennessee or lewan if he drops somehow, who ever is still there.
2.cb-purifoy, florida
2b(late 2nd)-qb-aaron murray, georgia
3-de-jackson jeffcoat, texas
4-wr-dri archer, kent state-slot receiver

the rest--who knows

makes a lot of sense, Kouandjio will be a top 10 pick so he is off but it is possible for Lewan to be there, that would be great! Richardson should also be a viable option 1b. Purifoy may come out is a very good cover corner so that is also excellent pick. love Aaron Murry with that torn ACL you may be able to flip him with Jeffcoat or take shot at better prospect like Christian Jones. Also like taking returner/slot wr like Archer. with Oregon collapse & De'Anthony Thomas may be had much latter than projected (earlier in season was a first rounder).

Good rough draft :)

Insideop 11-25-2013 10:13 AM

Re: Texanator Draft v1
 
With the #1 pick (again) y'all should know by now it's highly unlikely anyone will trade with you. The asking price is just too high and most teams don't want to give up that much. I'm sure, whomever the Texans new regime is, they will field offers from other teams, but the way things are shaping up now they will probably take Bridgewater, or whoever they think is the best QB, with the 1st pick. JMO.

thetexanator 11-25-2013 10:36 AM

Re: Texanator Draft v1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texian (Post 2256959)
From where the Texans sit now they would only have to trade back to #10 to pick up an extra 2nd rd and a next year's 1st RD. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

for some strange reason, im thinking kubes will mess things up and pull out 2 more wins.
jax and ten might be wins.
thinking we pick in the 5-8 range.

thetexanator 11-25-2013 10:38 AM

Re: Texanator Draft v1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 2256961)
makes a lot of sense, Kouandjio will be a top 10 pick so he is off but it is possible for Lewan to be there, that would be great! Richardson should also be a viable option 1b. Purifoy may come out is a very good cover corner so that is also excellent pick. love Aaron Murry with that torn ACL you may be able to flip him with Jeffcoat or take shot at better prospect like Christian Jones. Also like taking returner/slot wr like Archer. with Oregon collapse & De'Anthony Thomas may be had much latter than projected (earlier in season was a first rounder).

Good rough draft :)

seems like the kind of guy that will kill it at the combine. im thinking teams are going to jump on him since tavon austin is starting to hit his stride.

badboy 11-25-2013 06:28 PM

Re: Texanator Draft v1
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2256952)
try to trade at all costs to late half of 1st and pick up an extra 2nd rd.

1.OT-kuandijo, alabama or richardson tennessee or lewan if he drops somehow, who ever is still there.
2.cb-purifoy, florida
2b(late 2nd)-qb-aaron murray, georgia
3-de-jackson jeffcoat, texas
4-wr-dri archer, kent state-slot receiver

the rest--who knows

Trading a top 5 to late first (25 or later) should bring quite a bit more than a second. I think teams will want that pick like Cleveland in my mock.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger