Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Keenum starter for Jacksonville game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103076)

sandmanx 11-18-2013 03:40 PM

Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Just announced in the presser. At least that will get me to watch the game.

speedfreek 11-18-2013 03:41 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Closest thing to a mea culpa I have ever heard..

Unfortunately, now, he has 2 QB's that feel their
coach doesn't believe in them (3 with yates..)

TJ

bigmck 11-18-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandmanx (Post 2253210)
Just announced in the presser. At least that will get me to watch the game.

This has got to be one of the biggest upsets of the year. It sure didn't take Kubes long to do it.

JCTexan 11-18-2013 03:44 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
I absolutely hate Kubiak's reasoning behind benching Keenum. He wasn't looking beyond the Oakland game at all. Logically, wouldn't you want your inexperienced QB to get the game reps in a hurry up offense?

TheMatrix31 11-18-2013 03:44 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
I didn't expect anything else.

tvaughan 11-18-2013 03:46 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
The decision to yank Case is not going down any easier 24 hours later. I still can't quite fathom what was going on in his head.

Perhaps the dumbest, most out-of-touch coaching decision I have seen in my life. Certainly the dumbest one I can remember off the top of my head.

Thorn 11-18-2013 03:47 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2253219)
I didn't expect anything else.

Neither did I. Kubiak's days are numbered, as is Schaub's. The Texans will move on to another QB and another head coach. Water under bridge. Next year we'll all have something new to "discuss".

I said "discuss" just to be nice. :lol:

Trap_Star 11-18-2013 03:49 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
That Kubiak guy....he's so wishy washy.

Fred 11-18-2013 03:50 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreek (Post 2253212)
Unfortunately, now, he has 2 QB's that feel their
coach doesn't believe in them (3 with yates..)

TJ

If all the QBs are the pathetic whiny sensitive babies that people on this board think they are, then I don't want any of them on the team.

kiwitexansfan 11-18-2013 03:52 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Starter yes, let's see who the closer is.

Hervoyel 11-18-2013 03:52 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
You know, Capers was kind of lost like this toward the end too if you recall. I remember he was pretty much a dead-coach walking toward the last few games of the season and I kind of felt sorry for him. It was impossible not to.

Gary's got that same sound and look today. It's all gotten away from him and he doesn't really understand how that happened or how to get hold of it again.

Marcus 11-18-2013 03:54 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.

JamesBill 11-18-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2253232)
You know, Capers was kind of lost like this toward the end too if you recall. I remember he was pretty much a dead-coach walking toward the last few games of the season and I kind of felt sorry for him. It was impossible not to.

Gary's got that same sound and look today. It's all gotten away from him and he doesn't really understand how that happened or how to get hold of it again.

Sucks for Kubiak his world has completely turned upside down with his stroke.

Vance87 11-18-2013 04:00 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Kubiak, if Case is having trouble picking up blitzes, TEACH HIM GOD DAMNIT! THAT'S YOUR JOB! Tell the O-line to step the F up!! And if he seriously can't do it then put Yates in there! BUT ENOUGH OF HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED II.

Norg 11-18-2013 04:06 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
For only one half that is MUHAHAHAHAHA

http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/1/14...25-650-366.jpg

TheMatrix31 11-18-2013 04:07 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2253235)
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.

It's actually good coaching. But shhhhhh. Take him out of the game, put the other guy in, and work on the blitz pickups during practice.

silvrhand 11-18-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2253245)
It's actually good coaching. But shhhhhh. Take him out of the game, put the other guy in, and work on the blitz pickups during practice.

Or call some bootlegs and get him on the edge where he's more productive, or be like Gary and keep calling the same plays cause you are stubbornly stuck on your system?

Wolf 11-18-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Guess I was wrong unless some higher up had a hand in this

steelbtexan 11-18-2013 04:13 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2253235)
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.

How's that Gary's a great HC we just need a new DC thingy working out for you. Remember when I said Gary should be fired after the 2009 and 2010 seasons and you thought Wade could come in and right all of the wrongs?

Would you finally agree that it's time for BoB to clean house and that includes the failure that is Rick Smith and start a new?

If BoB had cared to take care of his business back in 2010 the franchise wouldn't be in the sorry state it is currently in. You disagreed with me then, do you still disagree, or are you begining to see the light?

aussie_texan 11-18-2013 04:15 PM

Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game
 
thank you gary now i can watch the jaguars game :kitten:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger