Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Why I think Gary is costing us these games.. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103060)

speedfreek 11-18-2013 07:31 AM

Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
I honestly blame the second halves of these games on totally
absurd (almost self-defeatest coaching..)

Against KC Keenum threw a slant to Posey that almost went for
a TD. I have not seen that play attempted since.

In the first half against Indy, Case ran a naked bootleg
twice for a score and a deep completion. I have not seen that
play attempted in any of the second halves of games..

What I have seen in the second half is 5 step drops, straight
backwards where the defense can either come straight up
the middle on an overload or tee off on the edges and keep
the most mobile QB we have hemmed in.

So, as crazy as it sounds - I have convinced myself that Gary
would rather totally fail with his method of "how we should play
offense" than specifically use 3 weeks to find ways to use Keenum's
better athleticism to beat the blitzes coming at us.

Gary being pig-headed, I know better than you, Schaub gives us
the best chance to win, Gary..

TJ

santo 11-18-2013 10:10 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
The screen throw to Andre was a good playcall but I was wondering why he didn't call it before on 1st or second. I also don't see any other screens called for that matter.

Seems like either Case likes to throw it deep or Kubiak just seems to be calling 7 step drops instead of 3 step drops for Case like he does with Schaub.

I'm hoping Kubiak is fired before the Patriots game. Belichick is licking his chops ready to embarrass Kubiak again. :kubepalm:

Hervoyel 11-18-2013 11:17 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Gary is in far over his head. The league passes everyone by eventually.

"This business is filled to the brim with unrealistic people (edit). People (edit again) who think their ass will age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar...it does. If you mean it gets better with age...it don't."

Now, it's not that dire. Bits and pieces of the system Kubiak runs are all over the league and very effective but what he's doing, what he's always done and what he seems to be unable to change is not working. It's predictable and stale and no one is falling for it anymore.

Sorry Gary, it's time. say hi to Chuck Noll and Don Shula for us because you're the past. If you don't think your time is up then change and create something new.

Dread-Head 11-18-2013 11:23 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Why did he remove Keenum to replace him with Schaub? Schaub GETS YOU into the redzone...but NOT the end zone.

Mr. White 11-18-2013 11:40 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreek (Post 2252762)
So, as crazy as it sounds - I have convinced myself that Gary
would rather totally fail with his method of "how we should play
offense" than specifically use 3 weeks to find ways to use Keenum's
better athleticism to beat the blitzes coming at us.

I think this is all that needs to be said. Kubiak's history as a head coach tells us as much.

If he likes someone, he has no problem letting them outlive their usefulness. It happened with Richard Smith, Frank Bush, and Joe Marciano.

The same goes for Kubiak kickers. He let Kris Brown stay at least one season too long and now we're seeing the pattern repeat itself with Bullock. Any other coach would have sent them packing after 2 bad games and brought in another guy for the league minimum.

Not even going to mention Schaub. That'll be stating the obvious.

Marcus 11-18-2013 11:48 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 2252945)
Why did he remove Keenum to replace him with Schaub? Schaub GETS YOU into the redzone...but NOT the end zone.

He got removed because he doesn't know how to make them pay for blitzing him. Eventually, he'll learn how, Kubiak or no Kubiak. But until then, that's all they are going to do.

That turnstile OL ain't helping matters. And running backs who cant recognize a blitz any better than Keenum can.

Oh yeah. This team has way too much talent ... blah ba blah ba blah

Yeah, it's all Gary. :rolleyes:

Carr Bombed 11-18-2013 11:52 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2252969)
He got removed because he doesn't know how to make them pay for blitzing him. Eventually, he'll learn how, Kubiak or no Kubiak. But until then, that's all they are going to do.

That turnstile OL ain't helping matters. And running backs who cant recognize a blitz any better than Keenum can.

Oh yeah. This team has way too much talent ... blah ba blah ba blah

Yeah, it's all Gary. :rolleyes:

It is all Gary. The buck stops with him and he needs to go.

Marcus 11-18-2013 12:15 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 2252972)
It is all Gary. The buck stops with him and he needs to go.

And when he does, they'll immediately go 16-0, win the Super Bowl, and everything will be all fat, dumb, and happy in the world.

Right?

Gary might need to go, and he probably will, but that doesn't escape the fact that team overall, is bad.

But that doesn't really matter. All we "fans" want, is that mental reset going into the offseason, so we can all stop beating the kids, kicking the dog, and feeling miserable about our lives. :)

mootini 11-18-2013 12:20 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
I have to confess Texan fans...I put a hex on your team! When you guys picked you Gregg Jones. It has worked perfectly so far! Bad mojo to you guys because Mojo misses Jones' blocking! :kitten:

TexansFTW 11-18-2013 12:20 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by santo (Post 2252885)

I'm hoping Kubiak is fired before the Patriots game. Belichick is licking his chops ready to embarrass Kubiak again. :kubepalm:

No way bro. I want him here and I want Schaub to start. I want Schaub to throw 2 pick 6's in his first 2 passes and Gary stick with him through the first half as we are down 35-0 going into the 2nd half.

Once this happens, and it probably will, McNair will be forced to fire him after the game and we don't have to deal with the anxiety of waiting all off season to see if he's going to be fired or survive ANOTHER horrible year.

Along with Kubiak, I pray that Wade, Marciano, Dennison, McCain and Newton leave with him mid season. It would be awesome if Schaub can be traded for a 6th round pick after the season (likely not though), but if we can't get anything in return then just cut him too and eat the $10.5 mill dead money. He's Brad Lidge now, I think he still has talent, but it will never be seen again in a Texan uniform.

Dishman 11-18-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2252988)
And when he does, they'll immediately go 16-0, win the Super Bowl, and everything will be all fat, dumb, and happy in the world.

Right?

Gary might need to go, and he probably will, but that doesn't escape the fact that team overall, is bad.

But that doesn't really matter. All we "fans" want, is that mental reset going into the offseason, so we can all stop beating the kids, kicking the dog, and feeling miserable about our lives. :)

Eh, the team that Gary built. The GM he selected, the players they drafted, the players they cut or extended, the coaches they selected or had to have forced upon him.

SchaubApologist 11-18-2013 12:38 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by santo (Post 2252885)
The screen throw to Andre was a good playcall but I was wondering why he didn't call it before on 1st or second. I also don't see any other screens called for that matter.

Seems like either Case likes to throw it deep or Kubiak just seems to be calling 7 step drops instead of 3 step drops for Case like he does with Schaub.

I'm hoping Kubiak is fired before the Patriots game. Belichick is licking his chops ready to embarrass Kubiak again. :kubepalm:

thanks for pointing this out. i have been saying the same thing. if a team is recklessly blitzing you, a nice screen or hb draw can do serious damage and make them think twice before blitzing every down.

but nope, gotta do our 7 step drops and wait for that wide open TE streaking down the seam (which almost never happens anymore).

eriadoc 11-18-2013 12:39 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2252988)
And when he does, they'll immediately go 16-0, win the Super Bowl, and everything will be all fat, dumb, and happy in the world.

Right?

Gary might need to go, and he probably will, but that doesn't escape the fact that team overall, is bad.

Also doesn't change the fact that Kubiak assembled this bad team. His name is on everything. There is exactly ONE player on this team that he didn't bring in himself.

cuppacoffee 11-18-2013 12:42 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2252969)
He got removed because he doesn't know how to make them pay for blitzing him. Eventually, he'll learn how, Kubiak or no Kubiak. But until then, that's all they are going to do.

That turnstile OL ain't helping matters. And running backs who cant recognize a blitz any better than Keenum can.

Oh yeah. This team has way too much talent ... blah ba blah ba blah

Yeah, it's all Gary. :rolleyes:


I agree with most of what you state here.

Exception being, Keenum will never learn how to make them pay for blitzing him sitting on the bench. Throw him in there then study the film. Painful but necessary. Experience counts in the NFL. On the field not on the bench.

Hell, I could learn how to sit on the bench drinking Gatoraid.

And I stated the same thing several weeks ago about many of our players are overrated by our fellow fans.

:coffee:

Marcus 11-18-2013 02:12 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppacoffee (Post 2253019)
I agree with most of what you state here.

Exception being, Keenum will never learn how to make them pay for blitzing him sitting on the bench. Throw him in there then study the film. Painful but necessary. Experience counts in the NFL. On the field not on the bench.

Hell, I could learn how to sit on the bench drinking Gatoraid.

Actually, I agree with everything you said there. :shocked (I know, right?)

For the record, I was as mad as everyone else was when Keenum was pulled. Figure the only way he's gonna learn how to deal with the blitz, is to stay on the field and take the hard knocks. But having said that, I do understand why Kubiak pulled him, not that I agree with it. With the OL as bad as it is, and with the RBs not having a clue about blitz protecting, you'd be a fool to not worry about shell shocking this kid. Play Keenum with long term interests in mind, but put him in an environment where he has a chance, not where he's running for his life every time the ball is snapped. Do that, and eventually he'll end up being a turtle like David Carr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppacoffee (Post 2253019)
And I stated the same thing several weeks ago about many of our players are overrated by our fellow fans.

:coffee:

Yeah, good luck convincing 'our fellow fans' of that. The "quick-fix" mentality around here is just as rampant as it ever was.

Pantherstang84 11-18-2013 02:37 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2253014)
Also doesn't change the fact that Kubiak assembled this bad team. His name is on everything. There is exactly ONE player on this team that he didn't bring in himself.

You mean the one that headed to the showers early in disgust yesterday? Yep. Gary is on top of it. Has this locker room in his grip. /sarcasm

infantrycak 11-19-2013 10:51 PM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
The 1st play of the last game.

Steal Your Face 11-20-2013 12:44 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by santo (Post 2252885)
The screen throw to Andre was a good playcall but I was wondering why he didn't call it before on 1st or second. I also don't see any other screens called for that matter.

Seems like either Case likes to throw it deep or Kubiak just seems to be calling 7 step drops instead of 3 step drops for Case like he does with Schaub.

I'm hoping Kubiak is fired before the Patriots game. Belichick is licking his chops ready to embarrass Kubiak again. :kubepalm:

They ran all kinds of screens against Oakland ... WR screens, TE screens and HB screens. Some worked for a few yards ... some totally failed.

Double Barrel 11-20-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2253122)
Yeah, good luck convincing 'our fellow fans' of that. The "quick-fix" mentality around here is just as rampant as it ever was.

"Quick fix"? 8 years not enough for you to form an opinion?

Why don't you believe Kubiak when he says that it's on him? He's being honest but you refuse to hear it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger