Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Trade Schaub, and draft picks for BIG Ben? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103017)

HouSportsWriter 11-16-2013 02:26 PM

Trade Schaub, and draft picks for BIG Ben?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...cial-offseason

Would you trade Schaub and draft picks for Ben?

EllisUnit 11-16-2013 02:35 PM

Re: Trade Schaub, and draft picks for BIG Ben?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter (Post 2250436)

noooooo especially after seeing case play thus far

Mr. White 11-16-2013 02:42 PM

It'll never happen, but I'll play anyway.

I'd take Big Ben in a heartbeat. Now is the right time to get him because his stock is so low. Looks like Todd Haley is winning the battle of wills over there and it looks like a bad thing for the Steelers.

I don't think both guys will be back next year. If common sense prevails, then Haley's out.

HouSportsWriter 11-16-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 2250444)
It'll never happen, but I'll play anyway.

I'd take Big Ben in a heartbeat. Now is the right time to get him because his stock is so low. Looks like Todd Haley is winning the battle of wills over there and it looks like a bad thing for the Steelers.

I don't think both guys will be back next year. If common sense prevails, then Haley's out.

Big Ben needs Mike Wallace back. I would love to see Big Ben throw to Andre Johnson, and Hopkins. It would be amazing seeing a solid run game with the chance of a deep ball programmed into the opposing defenses head

Carr Bombed 11-16-2013 03:25 PM

Big Ben is still a good QB, but he's on the way down. He'll be 32 next season, but he's more like 36 with all of the punishment he's taken. He's not like Brady of Manning where he spent the majority of his career trying to avoid hits.. his body has taken a toll and he can't move within the pocket like he once used to.

But it's a moot point, because no way in hell would the Steelers trade for Matt Schaub. They'd trade him for high draft picks if they were serious about trading him.. high draft picks I wouldn't be willing to give up for a QB with his best days behind him. If we're going to move this team forward.. then we need to go ahead and do that with a young QB that we develop or draft and develop.. a QB that still has his whole entire career ahead of him.. because if we take the "trade for Ben approach". We'll all just be sitting here in the middle of another horrible season again in a few seasons wondering what we should do at the QB position.

Scooter 11-16-2013 03:46 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/ThrowBen.jpg

definitely no.

Thorn 11-16-2013 04:12 PM

If Case doesn't do the job, then draft us a QB. I don't want another damn Ed Reed on the team.

Nice to see you around HouSportsWriter.

Tolar's Ghost 11-16-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter (Post 2250446)
Big Ben needs Mike Wallace back...

Not really. As a pretty heavy-duty Steeler fan - I've seen all but maybe 10 of their games since 1975 - what he needs the most is a decent offensive line.

It's a wonder he's been to three Super Bowls because for much of his time in the Burgh he's had a mediocre-or-worse OL.

He needs to get rid of the ball faster, too; he's always looking for the big play. So, from that standpoint, he does miss Wallace some.

But as much as I like him, he's on the down side. And I doubt that the Steelers have any interest in Schaub.

A related note: I'm pissed they didn't pluck Keenum off the Texans' practice squad last year.

While the Steelers were struggling with BatchWich (Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich) with Ben was injured, I was on steelernation.com (as the Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua) touting the Casemeister.

The nerve of Kevin Colbert not to listen to me!

gafftop 11-16-2013 05:41 PM

Why do we always get the **** end of the trades. Draft picks are valuable. Look what trading for MS cost us. Hell no.

thunderkyss 11-16-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter (Post 2250436)

I wouldn't even make the offer. We're already the laughing stock of the NFL.... why fuel the flames?

& if the Steelers are considering trading Ben, there probably looking for an upgrade in the upcoming draft... we should go after that guy.

JCTexan 11-16-2013 07:04 PM

Big Ben reminds me of a bit of Schaub: If he has a supporting cast of Pro-Bowlers around him he can be good. Otherwise, he's just average.

BullNation4Life 11-16-2013 07:16 PM

In a heart beat! If it meant sending Schaub across the pond for that big ass clock, how F'ing sweet would that thing look in front of Reliant....

wait... what?

aussie_texan 11-16-2013 08:30 PM

we have potential in case and we have to many holes to fill in the draft to afford to give away draft picks. this is a BIG no!

PapaL 11-16-2013 08:31 PM

In a word, NO.

Too much money, too much mileage, too old.

thunderkyss 11-16-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2250530)
we have potential in case and we have to many holes to fill in the draft to afford to give away draft picks. this is a BIG no!

Well, if you believe Texian, (s)he says we don't have the money to pay a new crop of rookies anyway.

eriadoc 11-16-2013 08:49 PM

I only voted No because there wasn't a HELL NO option. Apart from my personal dislike for him, he's on the back side of his career, and with the way he hangs onto the ball, Derek Newton would get him killed.

texanhead08 11-16-2013 08:50 PM

Why would anyone in their right mind trade for Schaub and that contract I don't care who they are giving up.

aussie_texan 11-16-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2250536)
Well, if you believe Texian, (s)he says we don't have the money to pay a new crop of rookies anyway.

well i don't believe him :slapfight:. schuab will be gone, maybe OD, possibly manning.
that leaves a lot of cap space.
Also i don't believe we are that much of a cap hell as some suggest

Uncle Rico 11-16-2013 08:58 PM

I went with option 4 - 'He'll No'

Uncle Rico 11-16-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2250543)
well i don't believe him :slapfight:. schuab will be gone, maybe OD, possibly manning.
that leaves a lot of cap space.
Also i don't believe we are that much of a cap hell as some suggest

Two words. Dead Money.