Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Hindsight for Jerry Jones (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102935)

cuppacoffee 11-12-2013 08:52 AM

Hindsight for Jerry Jones

"Speaking with the Dallas Morning News after Sunday’s loss, Jones admitted that the decision to fire Ryan isn’t looking too smart at the moment.
“We thought that it was best for us to go in the direction that we are and that doesn’t look good right now,” Jones told the paper.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/d...rts%3Aansfox11

:coffee:

Playoffs 11-12-2013 09:00 AM

Re: Hindsight for Jerry Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuppacoffee (Post 2247764)
Hindsight for Jerry Jones

Now let's hear the one about how "we" thought it was a good idea the fire real pro football GMs and hire the owner as the team's GM, but that's not looking good...

Here's some hindsight for you, Jerruh...http://www.animated-smileys.com/smil...isgust-004.gif

HOU-TEX 11-12-2013 10:47 AM

One of the richest morons in the league. Way to throw your 97 year old DC under the bus, you tool.

Kiffin was an odd hiring anyway.....well, fitting for dullass

steelbtexan 11-12-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2247843)
One of the richest morons in the league. Way to throw your 97 year old DC under the bus, you tool.

Kiffin was an odd hiring anyway.....well, fitting for dullass

Jon Gruden will be the next HC of the Cowgirls, Monte Kiffin DC.

cuppacoffee 11-12-2013 11:09 AM

I guess we could say he is the antithesis of Bob McNair.

Knee jerk owner as opposed to the patience of Job owner.

The boys have won more games than the Texans this year though. :wadepalm:

And they won a super bowl forty years ago. :kubepalm:

StarStruck 11-12-2013 11:10 AM

In all seriousness, I still can't understand why a Cowboys hater would care. I don't doubt that I'm wired differently, but there is only two other teams that I have a nice emotional interest, Texans and Vikings. Other than that I'm pretty indifferent. Certainly I wish losses for those in our division, and there are teams that I will tune in with casual interest and perhaps root for, such as the Forty Niners, Denver, Seattle, Saints, Ravens, and that's about it. I guess it could be surprising, but New England is on my indifferent list. I give them props, but I'm rarely interested in watching them unless they are playing one of the teams above.

cuppacoffee 11-12-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 2247864)
In all seriousness, I still can't understand why a Cowboys hater would care. I don't doubt that I'm wired differently, but there is only two other teams that I have a nice emotional interest, Texans and Vikings. Other than that I'm pretty indifferent. Certainly I wish losses for those in our division, and there are teams that I will tune in with casual interest and perhaps root for, such as the Forty Niners, Denver, Seattle, Saints, Ravens, and that's about it. I guess it could be surprising, but New England is on my indifferent list. I give them props, but I'm rarely interested in watching them unless they are playing one of the teams above.

I always root for the Skins, Eagles, Giants and Texans.

And whomever is playing against the boys.

Seriously, does that make me a hater? (rhetorical question I suppose)

Actually there was a time when I could root for the boys. Before Jerry's insulting treatment of Tom Landry. A great coach who deserved better.

If the boys fans are allowed to live in the past then so am I...:)

Thorn 11-12-2013 12:05 PM

I don't like the Cowboys because of their fans. I was an Oiler fan growing up as a kid. I constantly heard all the crap about how the Cowboys are a real football team and the Oilers weren't $hit. All of that from Houstonians, not people from Dallas. So, I learned to hate those traitorous bastards and the team they love and I've never lost that feeling. And now that I'm old, cantankerous, irritable, and generally don't give a goddamn what anyone thinks of me, my attitude about the Cowpukes grows worse.

I will say though there are a couple of folks who post on this board that are Cowboy fans that are very nice people. I sometimes wonder if I hurt their feelings when I post such hatred towards the Cowpies. But then I realize that if I do, they need their man card revoked. That, and they are probably used to me being a $hithead about it. :lol:

Thorn 11-12-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasCowboy (Post 2247976)
You don't hurt mine cause I am a heartless individual so no worries there

So am I. So, I guess it won't hurt anyone's feelings if I say your are a worthless troll? Of course, if I call you a worthless troll, it would actually invigorate you causing you to make more meaningless trolling posts.

I feel like I should give this more serious thought, but I've just lost my train of thought. I think I should just leave it at you being a worthless troll, otherwise it might appear I'm actually putting in effort trolling you instead.

:cheese:

Double Barrel 11-12-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasCowboy (Post 2247913)
This **** again? you people need new material seriously, Jones didn't just
walk up to Landry and proclaim your fired, he discussed with Tom that it
would be in the best interest to make the coaching change and Landry
agreed shook Jones hand and the two went their own way

You might want to peddle your revisionist history to a forum with less spite toward the Arlington Cowboys...

Quote:

Why Tom Landry died a Giants fan

Tom Landry died a … Giants fan!

Yes, according to the widow of the legendary Cowboys coach who says in a new book that Landry was so disgusted by Jerry Jones’ treatment of him during and after his 1989 firing that he spent the rest of his life rooting for Big Blue instead of America’s Team.

Source

infantrycak 11-12-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2247954)
I will say though there are a couple of folks who post on this board that are Cowboy fans that are very nice people. I sometimes wonder if I hurt their feelings when I post such hatred towards the Cowpies. But then I realize that if I do, they need their man card revoked. That, and they are probably used to me being a $hithead about it. :lol:

Ummm, one of them doesn't have a man card to revoke.

Thorn 11-12-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasCowboy (Post 2248000)
but in the end your just ignorant comedy that has no humor

At least I wasn't the one who got us moved to the smack forum you ****ing idiot.

If you're gonna troll some, troll where it might do some good. There's to much Cowboy hate around here for your ignorant posts to have a real effect.

infantrycak 11-12-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasCowboy (Post 2248020)
No, I think I'll use the history and truth to smash the lies of those who
spit at the Cowboys in jealousy

Most Cowboy fans disagree with you. I guess they are acting out of jealousy as well.

Thorn 11-12-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasCowboy (Post 2248020)
The bigger the lie, the more it is told the more likely it is to be believed?? false propaganda
is the new truth for the brainless who believe it

Obama? Is that you?