Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Does Gary return? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102834)

silvrhand 11-05-2013 09:31 AM

Does Gary return?

Given what we now know he had a mini stroke do you think Gary will return to the Texans as a coach?

ATXtexanfan 11-05-2013 09:44 AM

Re: Does Gary return?

I think he does.

Double Barrel 11-05-2013 09:53 AM

I think he returns, as well.

Hopefully not against the advice of his doctors.

drs23 11-05-2013 09:58 AM

I think so. Just heard on the radio that he's not making the trip to AZ but should be back after they return.

Good to see Kubiak going home. Hope he comes out clean and doesn't have anymore of these episodes.

corytx8 11-05-2013 10:01 AM

I would like to see him return, but only in good health and when cleared by doctors.

infantrycak 11-05-2013 10:11 AM

Really, a poll to speculate on a medical condition? Here - Magic 8 Ball.

Appropriately when I asked about Kubiak the response was "ask again later."

YeaLikeRightNow 11-05-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2243354)

LOL, I just asked the Magic 8 Ball if Gary kubiak would return to coaching and it said: "Without A Doubt"!

Sigma 11-05-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

I got this answer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic 8 ball
My sources say no

TheIronDuke 11-05-2013 10:26 AM

Unfortunately, yes.

Runner 11-05-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

I think it is interesting to compare the comments related to a well-liked coach's health to those of a well-liked players health. There was a lot of sentiment that Kubiak should move on before this incident, but it seems clear posters are softening on the opinion that he should be fired. Contrast that to a player like DeMeco Ryans. He gets hurt and opinion goes way down - he's overpaid, he's no good anymore, throw the bum out.

I understand this isn't an apples to apples comparison because of salary cap and roster number considerations. However, a head coach's health problems can have a huge impact on the success of the team. Why risk it or treat the coach any differently than a player? He might not be 100% anymore.

I think it is because in the end coaches are seen as people and players are seem as commodities (to put it politely).

Scooter 11-05-2013 10:53 AM

very very very different situations. kubiak had a mini-stroke, a life threatening condition whether he coaches again or not. ryans blew out his achilles, a benign injury that hurt his playing ability for a year or two. had ryans had a heart attack or cancer or an issue of that sort, there would have only been support for him because it's a serious issue with the man, not the job. the achilles injury affected the player, and as such he was on the field but not able to perform at the level he was being paid, and speculated that he'd never get back to that level. i dont think the issue of his coaching ability is being softened, people just have the decency to put that talk on hold while showing concern that the man will be able to live a full life. if he's able to get back on the sideline, the debate will be free to continue.

bOODRO87 11-05-2013 10:56 AM

8 years and a record of 61-59, right? I would hope not.

Porky 11-05-2013 11:29 AM

I just find this a little distasteful for some reason. :kitten:

Runner 11-05-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2243402)

I thought the Kubiak Collapses thread had been kept fairly clean to show concern and get wells. There is still football to discuss, so it is good to have a separate thread.

Anyway, if I had a health scare I'd appreciate my company if it gave me the next year off at full pay, even if I did have to then find another job (or be rich enough to retire anyway) the year after that. I think they showd some decency. Kubiak may like that too. Who knows?

HoustonFrog 11-05-2013 11:38 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...leave-hospital

Quote:

Texans coach Gary Kubiak has been cleared to leave the hospital and return home.
There are conflicting reports out there on whether Kubiak sustained a "mini-stroke" or not. Either way, it's a fantastic sign that he's already out of the hospital after collapsing during Sunday night's loss to the Colts. In fact, he's expected to miss just one week of work and then return to the team ahead of Week 11. Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips will guide the Texans as they prepare for the Cardinals this week.

Mr. White 11-05-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2243402)

I think it's a legit question that probably isn't worth asking right now. As a fan of the team, I'm pretty concerned with what the immediate future holds. There's so much unknown right now and we're not talking about an organization that's known for it's transparency.

I agree that some of the replies that I've seen are pretty distasteful.

AMartin56 11-05-2013 11:42 AM

He will be fine but should retire from coaching. It's too risky. The job isn't going to be any less stressful any time soon. He should risk a major stroke so we can win maybe two more games from here out?

Personally I think he and Marvin Lewis should open a bed and breakfast together and entertain guests with thrilling tales of their .500 record coaching careers.

Either that or he could probably get a job with the Aggie athletic department. It would be less stressful and I think he would enjoy it considering how often he uses the word 'kids' to describe grown men.

Dread-Head 11-05-2013 11:43 AM

He should chill for a minute and let himself heal. Football is a beautiful game, BUT it's not worth his life or his health.

Mr. White 11-05-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonFrog (Post 2243410)

This is something I've wondered about...
Quote:

There are conflicting reports out there on whether Kubiak sustained a "mini-stroke" or not.
I'm guessing the organization is the source of the conflict. Seems like they've been playing this down ever since it happened.

I might be totally obtuse here, but how does anyone really know that this was really a mini-stroke? Did someone leak it from the hospital or is that just based on observational opinion?

infantrycak 11-05-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMartin56 (Post 2243418)
He will be fine but should retire from coaching. It's too risky. The job isn't going to be any less stressful any time soon. He should risk a major stroke so we can win maybe two more games from here out?

Personally I think he and Marvin Lewis should open a bed and breakfast together and entertain guests with thrilling tales of their .500 record coaching careers.

I am sure he deeply appreciates the abundance of concern for his health from those who wanted him fired.