Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   This will be unpopular, but.. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102820)

speedfreek 11-04-2013 11:52 AM

This will be unpopular, but..
 
Just heard that Kubiak was given stroke meds at the hospital..
Bad, bad news.

Having known multiple stroke survivors, he's going to have to
change his lifestyle if a stroke is truly what he suffered.

Because of this, and the fact that Dennison will now most likely
be setting the gameplan and calling the plays: I believe Schaub
should be named the starter for next week.

Why?

I simply have no faith that Dennison (or Wade for that matter)
could put together a winning offensive gameplan to make use
of Keenum's skillset.

In fact, I think we will see plays straight off the Denny's menu...
(something I saw a little of in the second half last night)

If that is the case, then Schaub probably gives us the best
chance to win against these weak teams with a non-elite
pass rush..

(and if Arian shows up and plays gangbusters we will know
he was taking a dive for Schaub with the injuries..)

Either that, or Dennison needs to work with Case to integrate
some of the stuff he did in college. (so Keenum can modify things
at the line)

He was fairly successful during his last bowl game running the
offense at the line of scrimmage after Sumlin left for A&M and
the special teams coach was named interim head coach..

Ok go ahead, flame me now..

TJ

WolverineFan 11-04-2013 12:02 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Hope that's not true about Kubes, but either way you are jumping way ahead of yourself. No chance Keenum isn't the starter regardless of what is going on with Kubiak. You can't bench a guy who's playing like that and not expect a mutiny.

eriadoc 11-04-2013 12:02 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
You know how certain sportswriters are forever ridiculed and their opinions are disregarded because of some silliness they wrote once? Like that guy who panned the JJ Watt pick and said the Texans would rue the day they didn't take the fat guy from Alabama. That guy has no credibility now.

You just said the team should start Matt Schaub again. That's on the record now.

TheIronDuke 11-04-2013 12:04 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
I agree with the OP but only because I want us to lose the rest of our games and I think Schaub starting would be the ideal way to accomplish that.

blitz90 11-04-2013 12:04 PM

This will be unpopular, but..
 
Maybe the most illogical idea ever written on the Internet.

speedfreek 11-04-2013 12:05 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Don't get me wrong, I -hate- Schaubs play. I've been the biggest
homer for Keenum on this forum..

I also understand the points about mutiny, etc.

But... if this team goes 2-14 with Kubiak
in the hospital, I think we see a new head coach here next year..

(and that means years of re-tooling, Keenum gone,
AJ suffering through more losing seasons, etc..)

What a mess we are in. (injuries, poor play, and all..)

I think burning the Schaub jersey has angered the Gods..
:smiliepalm:

TJ

Exascor 11-04-2013 12:06 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2242696)
You know how certain sportswriters are forever ridiculed and their opinions are disregarded because of some silliness they wrote once? Like that guy who panned the JJ Watt pick and said the Texans would rue the day they didn't take the fat guy from Alabama. That guy has no credibility now.

You just said the team should start Matt Schaub again. That's on the record now.

Yeah. He asked to be flamed. That was too gentle imo.

No matter who the coach is, no matter who the OC is, no matter if EVERY other starter on offense is injured, no matter...well you get the picture...Keenum should start. The only reasons that Keenum shouldn't be starting are:
1) Keenum is injured
2) Keenum plays much worse than Schaub did

Let's hope that neither happens.

Thorn 11-04-2013 12:06 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Don't want Schaub back. Ever. Even if they play a conservative game plan, Keenum can still release the ball quicker and throw it better. Even if it's just dumping off for five yards.

TheIronDuke 11-04-2013 12:06 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreek (Post 2242701)
I understand your point, but if this team goes 2-14 with Kubiak
in the hospital, I think we see a new head coach here next year..

(and that means years of re-tooling)

What a mess we are in. (injuries, poor play, and all..)

I think burning the Schaub jersey has angered the Gods..
:smiliepalm:

TJ

Ask Kansas City if it takes years and years with a new HC and staff to start winning.

Seegara 11-04-2013 12:07 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreek (Post 2242685)
Just heard that Kubiak was given stroke meds at the hospital..
Bad, bad news.

Having known multiple stroke survivors, he's going to have to
change his lifestyle if a stroke is truly what he suffered.

Because of this, and the fact that Dennison will now most likely
be setting the gameplan and calling the plays: I believe Schaub
should be named the starter for next week.

Why?

I simply have no faith that Dennison (or Wade for that matter)
could put together a winning offensive gameplan to make use
of Keenum's skillset.

In fact, I think we will see plays straight off the Denny's menu...
(something I saw a little of in the second half last night)

If that is the case, then Schaub probably gives us the best
chance to win against these weak teams with a non-elite
pass rush..

(and if Arian shows up and plays gangbusters we will know
he was taking a dive for Schaub with the injuries..)

Either that, or Dennison needs to work with Case to integrate
some of the stuff he did in college. (so Keenum can modify things
at the line)

He was fairly successful during his last bowl game running the
offense at the line of scrimmage after Sumlin left for A&M and
the special teams coach was named interim head coach..

Ok go ahead, flame me now..

TJ

I'm not flaming you for being a realist. In fact I just tried to post a poll on the source of a new coach if Kubiak can't return (though I hope he's ok). My poll wouldn't be accepted and the thread is listed as moved but won't open. The choices in the poll were:
1. Someone on Texans staff
2. An assistant coach with another NFL team
3. Somebody from collegiate ranks
4. Somebody not currently coaching

kingtexan 11-04-2013 12:08 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2242704)
Don't want Schaub back. Ever.

^this

AMartin56 11-04-2013 12:12 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Keenum made at least a dozen plays last night that Schaub can no longer make. It looks like Schaub was listening in on the playcalling last night but otherwise did nothing to support Keenum. #$%@ Schaub. It's ridiculous to say that barring injury he should see the field again in a Texans uniform. But then again nothing seems to change on this team without an injury occuring....

Exascor 11-04-2013 12:13 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seegara (Post 2242706)
I'm not flaming you for being a realist. In fact I just tried to post a poll on the source of a new coach if Kubiak can't return (though I hope he's ok). My poll wouldn't be accepted and the thread is listed as moved but won't open. The choices in the poll were:
1. Someone on Texans staff
2. An assistant coach with another NFL team
3. Somebody from collegiate ranks
4. Somebody not currently coaching

If Kubiak is let go AND Keenum continues to look really good - Art Briles (Baylor) or Kevin Sumlin (Texas A&M) make too much sense to pass up. Both coached Keenum and could instantly have the coach/QB comfort level needed to win.

speedfreek 11-04-2013 12:13 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
In a perfect world, I would have had Gary stay as a figurehead
coach (the players play for him) with Dana Holgorsen as OC, and
Wade Phillips as DC.

Crazy, yes, but at this point it would at least be interesting to watch.
(and I think it would work)

What probably happens is we get someone like Gruden, he fires Wade,
cuts Keenum, and 5 years later we're talking about having to draft
a better QB and determining if JJ Watt has lost a step and if AJ
will make it into the HOF on a first ballot.

Gloom and doom city for me..
TJ

kingtexan 11-04-2013 12:15 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMartin56 (Post 2242711)
Keenum made at least a dozen plays last night that Schaub can no longer make. It looks like Schaub was listening in on the playcalling last night but otherwise did nothing to support Keenum. #$%@ Schaub.

Agreed.

Matt is such a sulking baby he keeps his helmet on the whole game ... hiding.

What a douche-bag ...

AMartin56 11-04-2013 12:15 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seegara (Post 2242706)
I'm not flaming you for being a realist. In fact I just tried to post a poll on the source of a new coach if Kubiak can't return (though I hope he's ok). My poll wouldn't be accepted and the thread is listed as moved but won't open. The choices in the poll were:
1. Someone on Texans staff
2. An assistant coach with another NFL team
3. Somebody from collegiate ranks
4. Somebody not currently coaching

Wade will be announced you as the interim coach for the rest of the season by mid week (You can't afford to screw around with Kubiak's health at this point). Which probably means that we get him as our coach next year (which is a marginal improvement at best).

But assuming there some miracle occurs I want a coach with head coaching experience in the pros or college. No more coordinators...at least not on this go round.

speedfreek 11-04-2013 12:17 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
>Ask Kansas City if it takes years and years with a new HC and staff to start winning.

Someone like Andy Reed could work with our roster for sure, but I doubt
he's leaving any time soon.

You could say the same for Harbaugh at SF.

But I just don't see a guy like that out there and available right now. And
gambling on some of these pro-style coordinators and unproven
college head coaches puts the same expression on my face that
Bullock has before a kick attempt..

TJ

AMartin56 11-04-2013 12:18 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreek (Post 2242715)
In a perfect world, I would have had Gary stay as a figurehead
coach (the players play for him) with Dana Holgorsen as OC, and
Wade Phillips as DC.

Crazy, yes, but at this point it would at least be interesting to watch.
(and I think it would work)

What probably happens is we get someone like Gruden, he fires Wade,
cuts Keenum, and 5 years later we're talking about having to draft
a better QB and determining if JJ Watt has lost a step and if AJ
will make it into the HOF on a first ballot.

Gloom and doom city for me..
TJ

Yeah....KC is in year 5 of their rebuilding project so it's right to be cautious with a coach that has already had eight years to get it done. :smiliepalm:

Rey 11-04-2013 12:20 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
No.

Exascor 11-04-2013 12:21 PM

Re: This will be unpopular, but..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2242728)
No.

Rep


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger