Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   **offical texans 2014 draft thread ** (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102814)

Norg 11-03-2013 11:34 PM

**offical texans 2014 draft thread **

http://systemwars.com/forums/public/...mileys/ben.png

Yup seasons over who we gettin I thought we would be a sure fire QB pick but the way case is playing I don't know

I think we deff gotta go D

midway 11-03-2013 11:53 PM

Re: **offical texans 2014 draft thread **

Think we can **** the bed enough to get Clowney to pair with JJ?

Hervoyel 11-03-2013 11:55 PM

Need LB's and OL in no particular order. Need to clean house and kick some of the dead weight off the roster.

WolverineFan 11-03-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midway (Post 2242320)
Think we can **** the bed enough to get Clowney to pair with JJ?

Clowney is lazy. Even Spurrier (his college coach) is just about done with him. Give me a guy with a relentless work ethic over a guy with all the tools but no desire to use them.

midway 11-04-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2242332)
Clowney is lazy. Even Spurrier (his college coach) is just about done with him. Give me a guy with a relentless work ethic over a guy with all the tools but no desire to use them.

That's fine. Think we can **** the bed enough to get <insert whoever you think is the best college football player in America>??

I think we can.

WolverineFan 11-04-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midway (Post 2242339)
That's fine. Think we can **** the bed enough to get <insert whoever you think is the best college football player in America>??

I think we can.

We're certainly trying our best so far. All we need to do is gift JAX 2 games and we're golden.

ATXtexanfan 11-04-2013 12:07 AM

Qb first rd.

TheMatrix31 11-04-2013 12:10 AM

Linebacker please.

But really, let's not start this "tanking" **** here too. Please God no.

fiasco west 11-04-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2242346)
Qb first rd.

Not with how Case is playing. I think we have bigger holes than QB.

Bulls on Parade 11-04-2013 12:12 AM

I really like inside linebacker C.J. Mosley out of Alabama. He could instantly become our team captain on defense for the next 10-plus years. Pairing him with J.J. Watt in our front seven would be the start of something great for a long time on our defense.

Mosley could become the next Ray Lewis in the NFL. He has that type of athleticism and ability. And with Brian Cushing having two major knee injuries in one year (missing the bulk of two seasons in a row), it just makes too much sense if we're in that position to select him.

We need more young talent on defense. Hopefully Cushing comes back healthy in 2014, but either way we can ease him back if we have Mosley starting as a rookie. We need to re-work that salary cap space as well.

Rick Smith over-paid the likes of Arian Foster, Matt Schaub and Brian Cushing - extending their contracts sooner than he had to. We need all three to restructure their deals this summer. Schaub may even be released after June 1. Not too worried about Owen Daniels since his salary is smaller but it wouldn't shock me if he's released. There are some guys we simply can't count on to be healthy anymore. We have to be smart with our off-season moves.

Big Lou 11-04-2013 12:13 AM

I wonder who's available in Free Agency, not that we have any cash. They should send JJ to Matts house to "renegotiate".

VTexan 11-04-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2242351)
Linebacker please.

this. seriously. we play a 3-4 and our starting linebackers right now are mercilus/mays/sharpton/reed. beyond a joke

Bulls on Parade 11-04-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2242359)
I wonder who's available in Free Agency, not that we have any cash. They should send JJ to Matts house to "renegotiate".

Texans will find some cap space but we shouldn't make any splashes in free agency. Any improvements will come through the draft. We need to bite the bullet with our cap space in 2014 and 2015. By 2016, we can probably go after a superstar free agent.

Lurvinator11 11-04-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2242346)
Qb first rd.

Notice how my sig has no INT's listed.

Keenum has been playing great. He's playing better than what yates played back in 11. Unless if we are in position to pick up Bridgewater, or some gamechanger, I think we stick with Keenum. Of course, we still have the rest of the season to play.

midway 11-04-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2242351)
Linebacker please.

We're not starting it. The team is WAAAAAAY ahead of us on this.

speedfreek 11-04-2013 01:07 AM

round 1: inside LB
round 2: QB
round 3: CB
round 4: OL (right side)
round 5: Safety
round 6: RB
round 7: OL #2

I believe Case has shown that he can be "at minimum" a quality
backup or game managing starter.

We need someone to replace Cush if he is done, or replace Mays
if Cush plays.

If you take a QB in the second round, he will push Case and
vice versa. The result would be both a quality starter and a
quality backup -- something that Schaub and Yates are neither..

JJo is done. He can't play a full game. Reed should have never
been signed.

Tate will be too expensive to keep, and our other backs are "JAG"
players.

The right side of the o-line is sub-par, and all of these draft picks
need to be able to contribute on special teams (sans QB of course)

TJ

TheMatrix31 11-04-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midway (Post 2242398)
We're not starting it. The team is WAAAAAAY ahead of us on this.

No they're not. They're not intentionally losing games.

If I hear even one fan going forward angry that we won a game or happy that we lost one because it hurts or help draft position, I will rain hellfire upon them. I already see enough of that idiocy when discussing my favorite teams in other sports.

Norg 11-04-2013 01:42 AM

I want them to win every game but they seem to be losing every game so rather we like it or not we might be gettin a top 5 pick LOL

fiasco west 11-04-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2242439)
I want them to win every game but they seem to be losing every game so rather we like it or not we might be gettin a top 5 pick LOL

Yeah I mean...they are 0-6...losing to bad teams and good ones...

I thought they'd finish the season 7-8 wins after the bye...thought they'd split with the Colts...split between the Broncos-Pats games (because I thought they'd get thier stuff together...) but I don't see them winning any games against good teams...they just don't know how to...

I think they get 5 wins now. They haven't beaten the Colts on the road (nothing suggests they will) I think the Jags are so terrible they could win those two games and split between the Cards and the Raiders...

No way they are beating the Pats, Colts, or Broncos. I'd love for them to prove me wrong though but they just find a way to lose games. Mainly due to special teams missing FGs and allowing punt/kick returns...also the defense either being bad the whole game or not good enough to get the crucial stops...

TheMatrix31 11-04-2013 02:15 AM

This is why I get so angry when I think about the 2012 and 2013 playoffs. The injuries we suffered, Jacoby Jones' bull****, etc.

Everyone told me "Relax, they'll be good. They'll be here for years to come. Don't worry. Their time is coming."

No. In this league, you strike while the iron is hot. That iron turned ice cold real fast.