Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Kubiak Collapses at the half (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102811)

Lurvinator11 11-03-2013 09:40 PM

Kubiak Collapses at the half

I wanted to make this thread just so we can post stuff when we know it. Also so the fans who were at the game and didn't know can check in.

All we know so far is he collapsed at the half, he was speaking, and went to the hospital. His family is with him, and he is conscious.

Lurvinator11 11-03-2013 09:44 PM

Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Reporting it was not a heart attack. That is good.

stingray 11-03-2013 09:44 PM

Just announced that it wasnt a heart attack. Good news.

ChrisG 11-03-2013 09:44 PM

Not a heart attack, no further info

NCTexan 11-03-2013 09:46 PM

Thoughts to Kubiak and his family. Never want this to happen to anyone.

He was making a Case for him to stay as our Head Coach tonight with his play calling.

MEGA SWATT 11-03-2013 09:48 PM

Yep, no heart attack. The video looked like he was light headed like when you're napping on the coach and get up super fast and get light headed.....one may hunch down like he did to keep from passing out.

My point is that it was not an all out TKO type of thing that you think when you hear "collapse"

get well soon Kubes.

TexansBull 11-03-2013 10:06 PM

Wrong thread. Sorry.

chenjy9 11-03-2013 11:06 PM

Sucks that it happened and you could tell it really affected the team. For better or worse, the ship sticks with its captain and I respect Kubiak for that. Thoughts out to his family and I hope for a speedy recovery from whatever happened.

Big Lou 11-03-2013 11:34 PM

I wonder if his appendix ruptured.

That or Goodell poisoned him Justine he turned the lights out in the SB.

MEGA SWATT 11-03-2013 11:35 PM

My comments from the game thread below. Word coming out now that dehydration was a contributing factor....

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT (Post 2241558)
I hope it is just stress, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, low blood sugar------and NOT a heart attack or other cardiovascular issues........................get well coach Kubiak.

Concerning that Michelle Tafoya never saw his eyes open, but he was speaking.....

AMartin56 11-03-2013 11:52 PM

I want Kubiak gone but not like this (of course). I blame McNair. Kubiak has looked dead tired at the START of games lately. It's obvious he is in over his head. Any other owner would have fired him by now. Keeping him is torture...not mercy. Now it's affecting his health. Hopefully Kubiak is okay, but put him out of his misery already. We would treat an injured dog better than this. Do you see ANY coach on an NFL sideline looking as worn out as Kubes?

WolverineFan 11-03-2013 11:57 PM

Collinsworth was talking, earlier in the game, about how Kubiak didn't take the bye week off and worked non-stop during the off week. The guy is obviously feeling the pressure and trying to hold onto his job. The bye week is a time to rest and mentally check out. Coaches and players need that because the season is such a grind.

I think Kubiak may have just driven himself to a point where his body failed him. Hopefully he's okay and a reduction of stress and some rest will have him up and about in no time. I've been a big detractor of his for a long time, but I have always wanted him to succeed.

hradhak 11-04-2013 12:05 AM

Good to hear that it isn't cardiac in nature.

Dizziness can actually be caused by any number of things. Not eating enough, dehydration, etc. I had heard reports that he was having pain, but not sure if that was true or not.

Hope for the best for him and a quick recovery.

AMartin56 11-04-2013 12:06 AM

If you have to work yourself to death to be mediocre (if he leaves At the end of the year he is likely to have a career record below .500) it's time to find a new line of work. I hope he's okay and I don't mean to kick him when he's down but something has to give and I want it to be our kicker...not his ticker. I don't want to see him collapsing again. If he's that stressed after a bye week how does he survive the season?

Big Lou 11-04-2013 12:11 AM

Can we IR Kubiak in case we want to keep him next year. But seriously God speed Kubes!

LonerATO 11-04-2013 12:12 AM

His appendix could have burst.

VTexan 11-04-2013 12:24 AM

let's say you could "IR" kubiak. would any of you entertain of the idea of keeping him on board next season as an offensive coordinator but have someone else run the ship?

RonnieLott42 11-04-2013 12:24 AM

I hope Kubiak is well and does what's best for his family.

Bulls on Parade 11-04-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTexan (Post 2242381)
let's say you could "IR" kubiak. would any of you entertain of the idea of keeping him on board next season as an offensive coordinator but have someone else run the ship?

Sure. If say the head coaching job was offered to Kyle Shanahan from the Redskins. Somebody who's already familiar with the type of offensive schemes we already run and who can add his own wrinkles to the plate. The kid is a brilliant young mind and he probably isn't leaving his father's team unless he's given a head coaching job.

If Kubiak would feel less stress, maybe he has to do it for his health, and be okay with being demoted to the offensive coordinator job. It would basically be a role reversal of what we once had when Kyle Shanahan was here.

steelbtexan 11-04-2013 12:58 AM

Gary I love the fact that you're an all in kinda guy,

But it's time to let it go.

God speed for you and I wish the best for you and your famliy, It may be time to start prioritizing things.

Thanks for laying the foundation for a bright future for our home town HOUSTON TEXANS.