Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Martin v. Incognito: [update] Wells Report released (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102800)

Playoffs 11-03-2013 09:52 AM

Martin v. Incognito: [update] Wells Report released

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ratchhead2.gif http://themaresnest.files.wordpress....cratchhead.gif

Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Quote:

The situation involving Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin continues to get more and more bizarre.

In the wake of the Dolphins issuing an “all is well” statement, it’s clear that all isn’t well. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Martin will be placed on the non-football illness list as soon as Tuesday. Per Rapoport, Martin doesn’t feel comfortable returning to the team “unless the situation changes drastically in the Dolphins locker room.”

So Martin hasn’t complained of bullying, but he thinks things need to change dramatically in order to return to the team?
Quote:

Then there’s the question of whether the NFLPA is or isn’t investigating the situation. NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith has called the situation a “major priority,” and subsequent reports indicated that an investigation was occurring. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN the probe initially focused on guard Richie Incognito.
To add even more confusion to an already confusing situation, Rapoport says that “the NFLPA has not launched an investigation” but the union is in “information gathering mode.”

How is that different than an investigation?

jaayteetx 11-03-2013 09:56 AM

Re: T Johnathan Martin headed for NFI list, may never return to the Dolphins

Not surprised at all Ingognito is involved, what a first class asshat.

Lucky 11-03-2013 10:01 AM

I'm still trying to understand how a NFL offensive lineman can be bullied?

robroy72 11-03-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2240861)

Have you watched Derek Newton this season? :kitten:

IDEXAN 11-03-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Yes, the whole situation is really very silly isn't it. But I won't be at all surprised if we see a piece on the nightly national news soon suggesting there should be sensitivity training for NFL players re their interactions with both opponents and teammates. The NFL is definitely in full-blown wussification mode
and we are headed full speed towards touch football.

Playoffs 11-03-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Bullying isn't always about size. And it's evidently a tactic around the league to bring out the fight in a player. I believe Prince Amukamara was bullied for two seasons, but says he runs with the "in group" on the Giants now -- which begs the question, if there's an "in" group then who's not a part of the "cool kids gang" and how does that hurt/help the team?

Dutchrudder 11-03-2013 11:04 AM

I heard it has something to do with a prank that went too far, but I don't know the details of it. I'd like to hear what it is all about.

Playoffs 11-03-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2240889)
I heard it has something to do with a prank that went too far, but I don't know the details of it. I'd like to hear what it is all about.

Yeah, every party is being so mysterious about all this it piques my curiosity. Incognito being investigated, then saying he & Martin are cool. NFLPA saying we're not investigating, just doing an inquiry...? And Miami putting a starting OT on the non-football injury/illness list? They need all hands on deck on their O-line. Matin's own cryptic tweets. It's all very... :hmmm:

chicagotexan2 11-03-2013 05:39 PM

Did someone order a code red or did a full metal jacket blanket party? Hopefully it's not a truly serious issue.

Vance87 11-03-2013 05:50 PM

Ninja shoulda broke Incognito's ankle when he had the chance.

TexansSeminole 11-03-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vance87 (Post 2241005)
Ninja shoulda broke Incognito's ankle when he had the chance.

Except it was the there way around.

CretorFrigg 11-03-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Fox Sports said that Martin left the team after a pattern of bullying against him. The Sun-Sentinel said Martin left because of emotional issues, not bullying. But ESPN had a detailed report that Incognito had intimidated Martin. ESPN said, among other things, Incognito pressured Martin into contributing $15,000 toward a trip by the linemen to Las Vegas, a trip Martin didn't go on. The report said Martin feared retribution from Incognito and that's why he didn't immediately file a formal complaint. Mike Garafolo reported for Fox Sports that Incognito left messages for Martin that were "threatening and racially charged." Martin's representatives did eventually inform the team of "player misconduct" on Sunday.
So apparently here are the details...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6231--nfl.html

Blake 11-04-2013 07:33 AM

Incogneto temp suspended from team for conduct detrimental to team per ESPN.

IDEXAN 11-04-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

The Miami Dolphins have suspended starting guard Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team.

Incognito was being reviewed by the Dolphins, the NFL and the NFL Players Association for harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team last week following a lunchroom incident.

"The Miami Dolphins have suspended Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team," the team said in a statement released late Sunday night. "We believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time. As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matter."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...artin-incident
Really surprising, and I'd think unprecidented and probably points to the heart of the matter which is that Incognito has more issues than Martin. But the fact that the 'Phins couldn't handle this situation internally is what's most surprising to me ? Damn Coach, you let this get into the media and now the league is involved.
I've got 2 remaining questions now: (1) when does somebody play the race card here, and (2) with this incident, how totally wussified has the NFL become ?

NCTexan 11-04-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2242505)
maining questions now: (1) when does somebody play the race card here, and (2) with this incident, how totally wussified has the NFL become ?

Well considering he supposedly left "threatening and racially charged" messages on Martin's voice mail according to the Fox link above, I think Incognito brought race into it.

Playoffs 11-04-2013 08:04 AM

Who would've guessed Incognito was a racist douchebag bully??? :hmmm:

Irony is he was on Miami's Player Leadership Council.

IDEXAN 11-04-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCTexan (Post 2242520)
Well considering he supposedly left "threatening and racially charged" messages on Martin's voice mail according to the Fox link above, I think Incognito brought race into it.

Frankly I'm very surprised Cooper is still on the Eagles team after his episode, so if a white player like Incognito is making explicit racial remarks, comments, threats, etc directly towards a black teammate, then I'm even more surprised the white guy is in south FLA this long, no matter how talented or how valuable he might be on the 'Phins team.

HOU-TEX 11-04-2013 08:55 AM

I tweeted Richie (lol) after the latest incident with Smith saying "karma's a *****".

I won't be satisfied until this dude's completely done in this league. He's a true definition of a POS.

IlliniJen 11-04-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2242505)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...artin-incident
Really surprising, and I'd think unprecidented and probably points to the heart of the matter which is that Incognito has more issues than Martin. But the fact that the 'Phins couldn't handle this situation internally is what's most surprising to me ? Damn Coach, you let this get into the media and now the league is involved.
I've got 2 remaining questions now: (1) when does somebody play the race card here, and (2) with this incident, how totally wussified has the NFL become ?

I can't believe that after these details have come out, you STILL think this is a case of being a wuss.

Playoffs 11-04-2013 08:58 AM

Incognito went on a Twitter rampage yesterday trying to shout-down his critics...

Quote:

@espn shame on you for attaching my name to false speculation. I won't be holding my breathe for an apology
Quote:

@AdamSchefter Enough is enough If you or any of the agents you sound off for have a problem with me, you know where to find me #BRINGIT
Quote:

@AdamSchefter Stop slandering my name. You hide behind "sources" who are not man enough to put their name behind the BS you report
Quote:

@espn @CBSSports @NBCSports @FOXSports @ProFootballTalk I want my name CLEARED
— Richie incognito (@68INCOGNITO) November 3, 2013

I guess all of the sports media should expect to now be poked in the eyes and have their ankles twisted at the bottom of a pile. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/ima...es/tantrum.gif

Mike Golic said there's definitely something more than just using rookie's to pay for dinners/trips going on for the team to suspend Incognito. Martin is in his second year.