Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102673)

thetexanator 10-22-2013 11:16 PM

Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

man im starting to think about it. i wish we keep him, but i think he deserves a chance with a contender.
would like to see him with brady.

possibly frees up money, maybe gets us a 3rd rder and AJ gets to make a deep playoff run the next 2 years.

i know its not gunna happen, but id like to see it. guy is a hf that deserves better than this.

b0ng 10-22-2013 11:17 PM

Re: Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

No.

thetexanator 10-22-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2236741)
No.

even if it means he gets a ring?

Tonaaayyyy 10-22-2013 11:22 PM

Tough one. I would like to see him contend too, but I'm sure he is really loyal to this city and has settled in for good. Doubt he would leave this franchise through the last years of his career. JMO

Vance87 10-22-2013 11:34 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lya8vjypsK1r2rz91.gif

76Texan 10-22-2013 11:43 PM

With Schaub gone next year, and probably Wade Smith too, and the Ninja either gone or taking a pay cut, we can get an upgrade on the D-line while still able to extend Watt's contract.

Draft a RT and a G; we can get AJ a ring.

thetexanator 10-22-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2236762)
With Schaub gone next year, and probably Wade Smith too, and the Ninja either gone or taking a pay cut, we can get an upgrade on the D-line while still able to extend Watt's contract.

whos our qb?

infantrycak 10-23-2013 12:07 AM

When did the Texans become a charity? A 3rd rounder is absurd. I frankly don't care if AJ gets a SB ring unless it is with the Texans. And most importantly it would kill the Texans' cap with dead money.

thunderkyss 10-23-2013 12:27 AM

Hey, if it's ok to start stupid threads now, can I start an Andrew Luck vs Case Keenum thread yet?

Statistically his first game makes it a viable argument & it's the question we'll be asking for years if Keenum is our future.

qqert 10-23-2013 12:42 AM

r u crazy

fiasco west 10-23-2013 12:48 AM

No.

I don't get the whole "I want him to win elsewhere."

It would suck if Andre were to win a championship somewhere else IMO because that would be the team he may think more fondly of. Suddenly that becomes the team he's remembered for playing on in everywhere but Houston.

So no.

Big Lou 10-23-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2236762)

Sh!t, only if Old Bob takes him to Zales..........

TexanSam 10-23-2013 01:44 AM

Absolutely not.

76Texan 10-23-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2236764)
whos our qb?

Keenum, obviously.

You get him on the cheap; use the savings to shore up other positions.

There are more exciting possibilities in the draft in 2015 and beyond.
The Freshman from Fla St. for example, Jameis Winston; he's the number one QB prospect in his class and he has done incredibly well.
Another possibility is in our own backyard, another QB from UH (hailed from Florida); he has the size that Keenum doesn't have.
Just to name a few.

TheMatrix31 10-23-2013 01:57 AM

Uh, no.

Corrosion 10-23-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2236777)
A 3rd rounder is absurd. I frankly don't care if AJ gets a SB ring unless it is with the Texans. And most importantly it would kill the Texans' cap with dead money.

The Ravens only got a 6th for Bouldin who's cap hit is close to what AJ's will be next year .... I think they are comparable players at this point in their careers.

A 6th .... seems absolutely nucking futs for him , I wouldn't expect much more (If at all) for AJ ....

The second point , yeah since they have redone his deal so damn many times , all that bonus $$$ would hit the cap immediately .... I don't know how much it is , but its likely a whole lot.

Trading AJ is pointless .... You'd get little return and have a sh!tload of dead money.

I like the idea of the salary cap .... I just don't like the execution of it by the NFL , its so prohibitive to player movement and doesn't allow teams the ability to maximize return on players via trade.
I much prefer the NBA version .... it allows for a whole lot more flexibility for players and teams in terms of player movement.

Wolf6151 10-23-2013 02:23 AM

While I'd hate to see him go I understand your point of view and he does deserve to play for a contender and not go through a rebuilding process this late in his career. It all depends on what we'd get for him in trade.

ObsiWan 10-23-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2236738)
man im starting to think about it. i wish we keep him, but i think he deserves a chance with a contender.
would like to see him with brady.

possibly frees up money, maybe gets us a 3rd rder and AJ gets to make a deep playoff run the next 2 years.

i know its not gunna happen, but id like to see it. guy is a hf that deserves better than this.

Only if that's what HE wants.

Now from everything I've ever heard or read, that's not where his head is at. He wants one - naturally, everyone who plays does - but I think he wants to get it here.

Corrosion 10-23-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2236828)
Only if that's what HE wants.

Doesn't matter what he wants .... It makes no sense for the team to trade #80 , no return on the investment and a massive cap hit.

The idea of giving AJ an opportunity with a contender is nice and all .... Its just not realistic.

/lock thread.

imatexan 10-23-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2236821)
The Ravens only got a 6th for Bouldin who's cap hit is close to what AJ's will be next year .... I think they are comparable players at this point in their careers.

A 6th .... seems absolutely nucking futs for him , I wouldn't expect much more (If at all) for AJ ....

The second point , yeah since they have redone his deal so damn many times , all that bonus $$$ would hit the cap immediately .... I don't know how much it is , but its likely a whole lot.

Trading AJ is pointless .... You'd get little return and have a sh!tload of dead money.

I like the idea of the salary cap .... I just don't like the execution of it by the NFL , its so prohibitive to player movement and doesn't allow teams the ability to maximize return on players via trade.
I much prefer the NBA version .... it allows for a whole lot more flexibility for players and teams in terms of player movement.

No to the OP question.

I also think if Andre is traded tomorrow we absolutely get higher than a 6th for him.