Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who would you like to see the Texans pick up? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102647)

welsh texan 10-21-2013 03:57 PM

Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Ok, so we waived 3 players, gives us some roster room to work with. Who's there on the waiver wire, other people's practice squads, heck low value trade targets even, who you think the texans should look to acquire that might make our team better??

We picked up demps & pollard mid season I believe and both offered immediate help at safety for instance.

Must be talent out there, who've you got your eye on?

WolverineFan 10-21-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Kerry Rhodes and Eric Winston. Also a RB of course.

JCTexan 10-21-2013 04:00 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh texan (Post 2235791)
Ok, so we waived 3 players, gives us some roster room to work with. Who's there on the waiver wire, other people's practice squads, heck low value trade targets even, who you think the texans should look to acquire that might make our team better??

We picked up demps & pollard mid season I believe and both offered immediate help at safety for instance.

Must be talent out there, who've you got your eye on?

Well, this team needs a RB or two with Foster injured and Wood getting cut. Two names immediately come to mind: Deji Karim & Jonathan Grimes. Both are free agents right now.

Exascor 10-21-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2235795)
Kerry Rhodes and Eric Winston. Also a RB of course.

Winston is a Cardinal.

WolverineFan 10-21-2013 04:49 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exascor (Post 2235859)
Winston is a Cardinal.

Forgot they picked him up.

I still say Rhodes though. He graded out as a top 10 safety last year. No idea how he's a FA. He can't be worse than Ed Reed.

Norg 10-21-2013 05:03 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
the cheapest random guys off the street that turn into hall of famers ..... :kitten: u want RICK and the scouts and front office to step there game up well here it his its your SB


FInd me 3 Hall of famers off the street !!!!!!!!!!!!!

jaayteetx 10-21-2013 05:06 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Can we cut Ed Reed and make it four?

srrono 10-21-2013 05:13 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Tate broken ribs
Foster hamstring
Coach Kub talking about bringing a guy in with return ability

Add this all together makes me think we will be hearing about the Texans signing Deji Karim soon.

Mari-OWNED! 10-21-2013 05:20 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Personally I'd sign Dennis Johnson off of the Browns' practice squad, check on Bradie James and see if he's still in football shape, and sign Kerry Rhodes.

TheIronDuke 10-21-2013 05:28 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2235874)
Forgot they picked him up.

I still say Rhodes though. He graded out as a top 10 safety last year. No idea how he's a FA. He can't be worse than Ed Reed.

I've been wanting Rhodes since FA started. The only reason I think he hasn't been signed is because he's gay but this season is a parade anyway and gays are good at parades so I say sign that man.

I'd also sign Karim but after that I'm all out of ideas. Sorry if you're reading this Rick.

Oh, maybe Ruud will play and we can let Brooks Reed suck at ILB instead?

WolverineFan 10-21-2013 05:31 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2235924)
I've been wanting Rhodes since FA started. The only reason I think he hasn't been signed is because he's gay but this season is a parade anyway and gays are good at parades so I say sign that man.

I'd also sign Karim but after that I'm all out of ideas. Sorry if you're reading this Rick.

Oh, maybe Ruud will play and we can let Brooks Reed suck at ILB instead?

I think I remember hearing/reading something about him losing his passion for the game. Or wanting to walk away from it while he could. Not sure. I just remember something about him voluntarily not playing this year and maybe retiring.

TheIronDuke 10-21-2013 05:33 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2235929)
I think I remember hearing/reading something about him losing his passion for the game. Or wanting to walk away from it while he could. Not sure. I just remember something about him voluntarily not playing this year and maybe retiring.

But you'd figure he'd wanna see the dudes in the locker room all nekkid, might want to just let him choose his locker and see if that'd sway him? We need a gay element anyway with Barwin gone.

Thorn 10-21-2013 05:36 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
I'd settle for a new head coach.

:includeme:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 10-21-2013 05:40 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RW7yO9GexP...hman+Green.jpg







Kidding

House of Pain 10-21-2013 06:50 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
VY and Teabow

Hervoyel 10-21-2013 07:01 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by House of Pain (Post 2236008)
VY and Teabow

Pick up VY AND Tebow?

NFL equivalent of dividing by zero?

Exascor 10-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2236018)
Pick up VY AND Tebow?

NFL equivalent of dividing by zero?

Or maybe subtraction by addition?

Insideop 10-21-2013 07:39 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by House of Pain (Post 2236008)
VY and Teabow

Wow! Can you imagine the circus that would bring here? :clown: Not that we don't already have one going but I sure wouldn't want to add to it!

steelbtexan 10-21-2013 07:42 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Give me

Issac Redman, Casey Hampton, R. McClain

santo 10-21-2013 07:43 PM

Re: Who would you like to see the Texans pick up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by House of Pain (Post 2236008)
VY and Teabow

They would make good running backs
:pirate:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger