Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Cushing - will he play another play? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102622)

silvrhand 10-20-2013 06:46 PM

Cushing - will he play another play?

Two left knee surgeries in the last two years, and we just signed him to a fantastic large contract.. I am not sure he plays another play after looking at that and if he is will he still be able to chase down plays..

/joy

EllisUnit 10-20-2013 06:49 PM

Re: Cushing - will he play another play?

I think he may try to rehab it, but i dont see him ever coming back. Poor guy he could of had a HOF career.

Oh and F you J Charles.

ghostlight 10-20-2013 06:51 PM

Charles makes me sick!!! Ruined a wonderful player and career.

AMartin56 10-20-2013 06:52 PM

He's probably out for the season but I doubt his career is over.

fiasco west 10-20-2013 06:54 PM

We don't know what the injury is at this point, doesn't have to be a tear. It looked pretty bad though but still we don't know.

Lurvinator11 10-20-2013 06:54 PM

McNair called his injury Serious....

Section516 10-20-2013 06:57 PM

RT @TomPelissero: Cushing on crutches in locker room. Slowly leaving. Teammates hugging him

Big Lou 10-20-2013 06:57 PM

Their other running back cheap shotted JJ with a rib shot as well. This town is jinxed when it comes to football.

Didn't Demeco get hurt after his big contract?

dalemurphy 10-20-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco west (Post 2234449)
We don't know what the injury is at this point, doesn't have to be a tear. It looked pretty bad though but still we don't know.

A few things:

1. As long as he has cartilage in the knee, the ACL can be repaired or rebuilt again and again... problem is that those injuries often include some cartilige loss.

2. I don't think this injury is an ACL... could be. It looked like a hyper-extension, which can be very painful but also can end up having minimal structural damage.

3. Or, with some hyper-extensions, it could the dreaded PCL tear (or triad), where almost everything gets ripped up.

... Hopefully, we will get good news that neither the Patella Tendon, PCL, or ACL were torn- possible (even given Cushing's reaction), though not likely

Brisco_County 10-20-2013 07:01 PM

The best case scenario is MCL, but it looked much worse than that.

TheIronDuke 10-20-2013 07:04 PM

That block by Charles was nothing we wouldnt ask our players to do. It was bad luck, not dirty play.

PapaL 10-20-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2234481)
That block by Charles was nothing we wouldnt ask our players to do. It was bad luck, not dirty play.

BOTH of Charles' blocks were clean and things we do weekly. Sucks for Brian but it was legit.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/21/ne9utu7y.jpg

CloakNNNdagger 10-20-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalemurphy (Post 2234464)
A few things:

1. As long as he has cartilage in the knee, the ACL can be repaired or rebuilt again and again... problem is that those injuries often include some cartilige loss.

2. I don't think this injury is an ACL... could be. It looked like a hyper-extension, which can be very painful but also can end up having minimal structural damage.

3. Or, with some hyper-extensions, it could the dreaded PCL tear (or triad), where almost everything gets ripped up.

... Hopefully, we will get good news that neither the Patella Tendon, PCL, or ACL were torn- possible (even given Cushing's reaction), though not likely

The way he was hit, I would not expect a patella tendon injury. (His past patella tendon surgery was on the right). Last year, he suffered a left ACL (expected from a hit from the back). I would be surprised if it were not an ACL and PCL this time (hit from the front).

Seegara 10-20-2013 07:11 PM

So the extremely injury-prone Cushing is down again. From the way he looked when they helped him off the field, it looks llike he's out for the season this time. And to think we spent all that money extending his contract!

With Foster's hamstring issue as the starter, has there ever been anything more stupid than failing to suit up a 3rd running back for the game? Well, yes, the Tigers' manager pulling his starting pitcher was dumber. If allowed to pitch a complete game, Scherzer would have shut down the Red Sox the rest of the way. But you don't have to wonder how the world series will come out. The Cardinals don't lose when the chips are down.

I think the constant spread formation was a concession to what Keenum is used to. But he should have lined up as a man under center other than in the red zone. He could have run some play action rollouts and avoided the blitzers.

I think the fumble recovery at the end was actually a TD. Texans should have challenged it. If they give up a TD they have a chance to tie the game.

dalemurphy 10-20-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2234497)
The way he was hit, I would not expect a patella tendon injury. (His past patella tendon surgery was on the right). Last year, he suffered a left ACL. I would be surprised if it were not an ACL and PCL this time.

Yeah, I'm worried about the PCL... Whether the ACL is torn, I think, will depend on how tight of a replacement ACL he was working with. The combination of the surgeon's execution and also rehab, I know, has a significant impact on the elasticity and flexion of the ACL... If it was "loose", it could be fine. Best case- a "minor" PCL strain, not requiring surgery... I will hope for it.

Naiirb 10-20-2013 07:16 PM

Albert Breer on twitter: Torn LCL and broken leg

toronto 10-20-2013 07:16 PM

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer2m
Sorry ... On Cushing -- It's a torn LCL and a broken leg. Again, will need surgery.
8:13 PM - 20 Oct 13 Details

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer1m
So again ... Brian Cushing has a torn LCL and a broken leg. ACL is OK. Needs surgery. Done for the year.
8:14 PM - 20 Oct 13 Details

Vance87 10-20-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seegara (Post 2234511)
So the extremely injury-prone Cushing is down again. From the way he looked when they helped him off the field, it looks llike he's out for the season this time. And to think we spent all that money extending his contract!

Hey assclown, let me dive at your kneecap when you plant it on the ground and when I destroy your ligaments I'll stand over you as you writhe in pain and call you injury prone.

TexansBull 10-20-2013 07:22 PM

[quote=Seegara;2234511]So the extremely injury-prone Cushing is down again. From the way he looked when they helped him off the field, it looks llike he's out for the season this time. And to think we spent all that money extending his contract!
quote]

Have you seen the hits he has taken on that leg? Injury prone is not how I describe him. He will be back.

False Start 10-20-2013 07:22 PM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i.../florida-1.gif

I really hate this. Cush is one of my favorite Texans ever. I just hate to see him go out like this.