Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Andre's thoughts on Keenum (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102557)

djohn2oo8 10-16-2013 03:35 PM

Andre's thoughts on Keenum

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 10m
Andre Johnson said Keenum "has an aura about him". Said he is just so excited to be out there and is having fun. #Texans

ThaShark316 10-16-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Andre's thoughts on Keenum

Dre = http://www.hark.com/clips/lhxqqbvppn...-he-was-orange

Hottoddie 10-16-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 (Post 2230986)
Andre Johnson said Keenum "has an aura about him". Said he is just so excited to be out there and is having fun. #Texans

This is what Kubiak needs to hear. This just reaffirms my belief that Keenum would bring some excitement back to this season & fire up the other players.

Carr Bombed 10-16-2013 03:52 PM

Duane Brown also said something similar. Coincedence, I think not. I think the offense is rooting for him to take this job.. they aren't stupid and probably realize Schaub and Yates have reached their ceilings.

In Schaub's case, his ceiling has collasped on top of him and he's regressed even going back to last season.. with Yates, his ceiling was never that high to begin with.

fiasco west 10-16-2013 03:54 PM

I think anyone that saw him play were impressed with what he did in preseason.

I'll be surprised if they put Yates out there, moreso if they go to Schaub.

Sigma 10-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco west (Post 2231004)
I think anyone that saw him play were impressed with what he did in preseason.

I'll be surprised if they put Yates out there, moreso if they go to Schaub.

to be honest I will be surprised if keenum starts next week

what won't surprise me is:

1- schaub still injured: TJ starts
2- schaub not injured: schaub starts
3- schaub not injured: TJ starts
4- schaub still limping: schaub starts
5- we lose
6- I don't enjoy watching the game

but if they surprise me on #6 I don't even care about all the other points

Double Barrel 10-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 (Post 2230986)

wow...high praise indeed. That's pretty awesome, especially coming from a high caliber and respected player like A.J.

While I don't want to read too much into it, this one quote right here really makes me want to see what Keenum is made of. And by the sound of it, A.J. might feel the same way.

PockyAF 10-16-2013 04:03 PM

if kubiak hasn't already lost the team, he will on Sunday if he goes with Yates.

NO WAY you got two of your star players talking about a guy like this, just to rip away that excitment from them.

Hottoddie 10-16-2013 04:17 PM

I'm starting to worry that if we don't do something quickly to jump start this team, this could be AJ's last legitimate chance at a Superbowl run with the Texans. I can see the Texan's trading AJ to a true contender in the next couple of years to give him a shot at a SB with someone else. If it happens, that'll be a sad day in Houston.

AggieTexan 10-16-2013 04:23 PM

Andre's comment is the reason I want to see Keenum start...he brings something to the table that the others don't, and it's not something you can teach. I would also love to see somebody with some mobility at the position!

TheIronDuke 10-16-2013 04:26 PM

So, everyone knows that Kubes is definitely going to start Yates on Sunday, right? To start Keenum would be deviating from the plan and Kubes does not deviate from the plan. I would be stunned if Yates isn't starting on Sunday.

BullNation4Life 10-16-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2231032)
So, everyone knows that Kubes is definitely going to start Yates on Sunday, right? To start Keenum would be deviating from the plan and Kubes does not deviate from the plan. I would be stunned if Yates isn't starting on Sunday.

Yeah, ok fine...Bring us all back down to Earth...

If Keenum doesn't start, then possibly after the bye against Indy at home?

Thorn 10-16-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

He's working them both out with the ones this week. Maybe Yates plays the 1st half and Keenum the 2nd. But whatever. Schaub and Yates are known quantities, Keenum in an actual NFL game isn't. And Kubiak is well aware of that.

Frankly, Keenum starting this Sunday would shock the hell out of me. Kubiak has shown to many times in the past he doesn't like leaving his comfort zone.

htowntexans1985 10-16-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2231038)
He's working them both out with the ones this week. Maybe Yates plays the 1st half and Keenum the 2nd. But whatever. Schaub and Yates are known quantities, Keenum in an actual NFL game isn't. And Kubiak is well aware of that.

Frankly, Keenum starting this Sunday would shock the hell out of me. Kubiak has shown to many times in the past he doesn't like leaving his comfort zone.

This isnt preseason. You stick with one unless the #1 gets hurt or plays terribly. And I think it should be Keenum.

IlliniJen 10-16-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2231038)

This. This a thousand times. I will be shocked if Keenum starts. And I do hope he does, even though I think he could be a hot mess...but I'd rather have a the excitement of a hot mess than the certainty of a lukewarm piss puddle (Yates or Schaub...they're interchangeable in my mind).

fiasco west 10-16-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigma (Post 2231006)
to be honest I will be surprised if keenum starts next week

what won't surprise me is:

1- schaub still injured: TJ starts
2- schaub not injured: schaub starts
3- schaub not injured: TJ starts
4- schaub still limping: schaub starts
5- we lose
6- I don't enjoy watching the game

but if they surprise me on #6 I don't even care about all the other points

I think Case starts.

I think if Yates was undoubtedly going to be the starter they wouldn't even bother him sharing snaps with Case. The fact that Case is even a question at this point as a 3rd string QB means that Kubiak is giving it serious question.

I mean if Yates is truly the 2nd string QB then this is his job, no doubt about it...so why split the practice time? I think it's under more serious consideration and now other players getting behind Keenum and Yates previous play has only helped.

edwardc5637 10-16-2013 05:15 PM

Would be good to see something fresh and exciting.

Say Watt 10-16-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...sksjo2_500.gif

EllisUnit 10-16-2013 05:24 PM

I think Kubiak throws us all a curve ball and Case is announced the starter before the game, if this happend i will be more pumped for a game than i was our first play-off game. If he starts i believe he will do very well, he is a student of the game with a desire to win and a true love for the game. Add those qualities together and you have a potential special player.

Playoffs 10-16-2013 05:27 PM

Awww, heck, it's raining... put the kid in.

http://blog.chron.com/depthoffield/f...21-396x600.jpg