Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who do you want to start at QB this week? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102549)

Hottoddie 10-16-2013 11:46 AM

Who do you want to start at QB this week?

I think I know the answer to this, but let's see what the majority wants.

Thorn 10-16-2013 11:47 AM

Re: Who do you want to start at QB this week?

Are you going to put up a poll?

In any case, my answer is Keenum.

Dread-Head 10-16-2013 11:49 AM

Well my choice is obvious. Bill! Someone sober him up and get his ass to practice.

HTown2ATX 10-16-2013 11:51 AM

Keenum

Hottoddie 10-16-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2230760)
Are you going to put up a poll?

In any case, my answer is Keenum.

Sorry I'm a one finger at a time kind of typer. :D

Carr Bombed 10-16-2013 11:53 AM

Keenum.. just for the simple fact that we already know what we have in Yates and Schaub and the question of whether or not Keenum can be the guy needs to be answered before the offseason.

thunderkyss 10-16-2013 11:58 AM

Mistakes are killing us. The team we're playing feasts on their opponents mistakes. We need to clean up the mistakes, bottom line. There were a bunch of mistakes in that little time that Tj was in the game. There will be a bunch of mistakes if Keenum starts. There's no way anyone can argue that Tj/Case will not make mistakes.

Schaub played a mistake free game against the Rams.

I know the odds of Schaub playing another mistake free game is slim. But I think it's better than the odds that Tj/Case will make mistakes.

Start Schaub.

DBCooper 10-16-2013 12:00 PM

Keenum.

Yates is awful.

Schaub is the best QB on this team, but Kubiak has been figured out by the NFL.

Maybe with Case at QB it will force Gary to do something wild, like different.

G27RR 10-16-2013 12:01 PM

Give Schaub an extra week to heal and try to make a run after the bye. Don't want to see him rush back and then be out for the season. Start Keenum to see what we have there.

Carr Bombed 10-16-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2230773)
Mistakes are killing us. The team we're playing feasts on their opponents mistakes. We need to clean up the mistakes, bottom line. There were a bunch of mistakes in that little time that Tj was in the game. There will be a bunch of mistakes if Keenum starts. There's no way anyone can argue that Tj/Case will not make mistakes.

I know the odds of Schaub playing another mistake free game is slim. But I think it's better than the odds that Tj/Case will make mistakes.

Start Schaub.

Schaub was making mistakes when he was playing on two feet (there's a reason people cheered when he exited the game). If he's not healthy.. no thanks, especially against the preasure he'll be facing in K.C.

disaacks3 10-16-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2230773)

He had no interceptions. He was far from mistake-free. His line wasn't helping him much, but he made some very poor reads and still locked-on to receivers short of the sticks when better options were available.

When he's "on" Matt is a top-5 QB. He's been "on" exactly one half this year.

Blake 10-16-2013 12:05 PM

Schaub. @KC is not a good game to start Keenum out with. Wait until after the bye.

thunderkyss 10-16-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 2230779)
He had no interceptions. He was far from mistake-free. His line wasn't helping him much, but he made some very poor reads and still locked-on to receivers short of the sticks when better options were available.

Agreed. 100%

In context of my previous post, I was referring specifically to turnovers.

2012Champs 10-16-2013 12:15 PM

If Matt is ready he gets the ball

2012Champs 10-16-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 2230779)

Throwing short of the sticks is not just a function of your QB. The WR, the coverage, the play calls and a million other things go into it. FWIW watching the rest of the NFL it is common for targets to be short of the sticks

Scooter 10-16-2013 12:38 PM

schaub's done, yates isnt a starter, and keenum has the biggest skillset of the group - he's the obvious answer to me. i've heard a lot of people saying wait until the bye in order to give keenum two weeks to prepare. i disagree with that. put him in this week, see exactly what his strengths and weaknesses are in a real game, and use those two weeks to build around what we see. it's going to be a tough game, away, and against a strong defense - i'd rather see keenum forced into that type of real world situation than trying to coddle him at home against a weak opponent like the jaguars.

DX-TEX 10-16-2013 12:45 PM

I voted "other".

#FREEVY #JUSTWINZ #HOMETOWNBOY

disaacks3 10-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2230793)
Throwing short of the sticks is not just a function of your QB. The WR, the coverage, the play calls and a million other things go into it. FWIW watching the rest of the NFL it is common for targets to be short of the sticks

I'm fully aware of what goes into it. Matt made some bad reads. He missed wide open receivers and threw the ball away. Hells Bells, this doesn't seem to be news to anyone but you.

Playoffs 10-16-2013 12:48 PM

Famous Jameis Winston. :truck:

kingtexan 10-16-2013 12:51 PM

Anyone voting to start Schaub, please never ... ever ... watch football again.

Give the kid the ball, start Case.