Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Hi from a Chiefs fan (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102519)

jetlord 10-14-2013 05:36 PM

Hi from a Chiefs fan

Just checking in to learn a little about the Texans and the game coming up. I don't talk smack or put anyone down for being a fan of any team.

The Chiefs this year are all defense and very little offense. Many of the points they have scored are a result of good special teams and field position as well as an overwhelming pass rush. The last two games, Titans and Raiders, were the worst offensively of the season. Our O-line is very young and not in sync yet and aside from Bowe, the receivers are below average. Jamal Charles carries most of the offense. Stop him, and you stop the offense. Except for a few plays, the defense has been suffocating.

I'd really appreciate a discription of the Texans, expecially how strong their line play is on both O and D. Everyone knows about Watt, and he should have a field day against our line, but how are the rest in the trenches? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the D-backs? All civil responses are appreciated.

jaayteetx 10-14-2013 05:37 PM

Re: Hi from a Chiefs fan

Two words, pick six.

EllisUnit 10-14-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 2229860)
Two words, pick six.

our

We Suck

i prefer my example though as it seems true even with no Pick 6s

Norg 10-14-2013 05:43 PM

We are PISSED off your going to get the best of the Texans for 60mins + and with matt prob not starting expect our QB whoever it is to TORCH your Defense

We will treat this game like its the AFC championship there is no tommarow

ubecool454 10-14-2013 05:43 PM

well in one word...............I'll get back with you.

jaayteetx 10-14-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2229868)
We are PISSED off your going to get the best of the Texans for 60mins + and with matt prob not starting expect our QB whoever it is to TORCH your Defense

We will treat this game like its the AFC championship there is no tommarow

:wadepalm:

YeaLikeRightNow 10-14-2013 05:56 PM

The Texans are in a severe slump, and the Chiefs are going to have some easy pickings...be kind to our Texans. :handshake:

thunderkyss 10-14-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlord (Post 2229859)
Just checking in to learn a little about the Texans and the game coming up. I don't talk smack or put anyone down for being a fan of any team.

I used to look at next weeks opponents & see how they did this week. If they won, maybe we'll have a chance to beat them. If they lost..... I know they'd be pissed & will most likely kick our butts. If they lost 2 in a row, we don't stand a chance.

I stopped thinking that way after our 10-6 & 12-4 season. I just expected a win.

Now, I feel for the KC Chiefs. We've lost 4 in a row & I feel the Texans finally hit rock bottom. It's gutcheck time.

ST675 10-14-2013 06:05 PM

Get ready to meet a statistically good D-line. An Offense that can move the ball but will do nothing in the red zone, as long as the penalties don't keep them from the red zone while depending on a kicker that is useless past 35 yards. A coach that hands you the playbook before that game and 2 of 3 QB's that mirror each other in predictability and lack of movement.

It will be a good game, and beer will be consumed.

darnbni99a 10-14-2013 06:10 PM

let us score atleast once. thanks

SchaubApologist 10-14-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs this year are all defense and very little offense. Many of the points they have scored are a result of good special teams and field position as well as an overwhelming pass rush. The last two games, Titans and Raiders, were the worst offensively of the season. Our O-line is very young and not in sync yet and aside from Bowe, the receivers are below average. Jamal Charles carries most of the offense. Stop him, and you stop the offense. Except for a few plays, the defense has been suffocating.

I'd really appreciate a discription of the Texans, expecially how strong their line play is on both O and D. Everyone knows about Watt, and he should have a field day against our line, but how are the rest in the trenches? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the D-backs? All civil responses are appreciated.

Just watch the game tape. We do the same thing every week. Oh yea, we choke under pressure too. It should be an easy W for you guys.

Nawzer 10-14-2013 06:12 PM

Welcome to the board. First things first. The Texans suck. Chiefs have nothing to worry about as long Kubiak is the head coach of the Texans. This is the playbook: Running to the right which is something that probably won't work, so he'll run to the left. Now, our running game is good so watch out for that. The pass game is very sophisticated. It involves throwing to AJ on almost every play. The defense is good but usually there'll be big holes right up the middle. I don't think we have a NT on this team so plenty of running lanes for your backs. That's about it really. Oh our special teams will make at least 2 or 3 boneheaded plays a game. So, all in all no worries about the Texans. If I'm the Chiefs coaching staff I think I would spend most of the week playing GTA 5 or go to the movies.

Thorn 10-14-2013 06:25 PM

Jetlord, welcome to a depressed and severely pissed off fan base. LOL

As to this game, with the Texans you never know what you will come up against, but rest assured whatever it is, it'll change to something else at halftime. If you guys have a bad oline, the Texans will have a field day in your backfield. All you have to do to counter that is just run up the middle and you'll be fine.

You guys used to be called the Texans many years ago. You should be glad you changed your name. :kitten:

bckey 10-14-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2229895)
It's gutcheck time.

Its been gut check time so many times during the Kubiak era that it has become an embarrassing excuse people use to get positive about the next game.

Sigma 10-14-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2229861)
our

We Suck

i prefer my example though as it seems true even with no Pick 6s

I'll wait a game actually without a pick 6 before saying that :D

Sigma 10-14-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnbni99a (Post 2229902)
let us score atleast once. thanks

please let JJ get a pick 6 :)

maybe in the 4th quarter when you'll be at about 40+ :S

(just joking)

TheIronDuke 10-14-2013 06:59 PM

Where the Chiefs play a ball control offense and force a lot of turnovers, we are the exact opposite. Our most effective player to this point is someone a Chiefs fan should be familiar with, Shane Lechler. But don't mistake that as me saying we have good special teams as they are goddawful. Pretty cool watching your team go from garbage to what you are now in just a season. I hope y'all can take the AFC West this year. We are going to lose in Arrowhead, probably going to be shut out.

And to answer the OP, our DBs are terrible, one pick from a DB thus far. No one on defense outside of Watt and Cushing are really worth a crap for the most part.

Honoring Earl 34 10-14-2013 07:04 PM

Let me introduce our coach .

George Custer Kubiak

http://www.savagesandscoundrels.org/...t_Restored.jpg

Runner 10-14-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs this year are all defense and very little offense. Many of the points they have scored are a result of good special teams and field position as well as an overwhelming pass rush.

I think you will be OK against the Texans.

markn 10-14-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Everything you need to know about the Texans:

You'll win.