Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We Are In Purgatory (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102506)

thetexanator 10-14-2013 10:55 AM

We Are In Purgatory

season is pretty much done and we have nothing to look forward to.
we dont have a young team that we can enjoy watching grow.
we dont have a qb we can see progress with every win or loss
were not a team on the rise, but were not a team that can win it.
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

how the f did we get here?

Texan_Bill 10-14-2013 10:57 AM

Re: We Are In Purgatory

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2229507)
season is pretty much done and we have nothing to look forward to.
we dont have a young team that we can enjoy watching grow.
we dont have a qb we can see progress with every win or loss
were not a team on the rise, but were not a team that can win it.
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

:mcnugget: Other than say AJ, Daniels and Schaub, who is old??

thetexanator 10-14-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2229510)
:mcnugget: Other than say AJ, Daniels and Schaub, who is old??

not old, but in their prime years that will be wasted on nothing

Thorn 10-14-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2229507)

You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.

Texan_Bill 10-14-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2229521)
You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.

"Thats on you", Thorn!

Thorn 10-14-2013 11:04 AM

What did I do? Other than follow the Oilers and Texans all my miserable life. LOL

IlliniJen 10-14-2013 11:06 AM

We were in purgatory after the Seattle game. I think we've moved on to hell. Because if listening to Gary Kubiak's post-game presser blather isn't some sort of sick, horrible punishment, I don't know what is.

Tailgate 10-14-2013 11:10 AM

We have come full circle. Colts back at #1 prob for next 10 yrs, and the titans are now the benchmark for #2 team in division.

What a ****ed up world we live in. :)

HOU-TEX 10-14-2013 11:36 AM

We've been there since the 70's. Bad call on Renfro's TD catch, Montana's drive, Elway's drive, Bills meltdown, etc. The list could go on...

Houston's cursed when it comes to football. We get screwed or find ways to screw it up.

Norg 10-14-2013 11:43 AM

meh its not over and IMO we can get out of purgatory fast IMO

IM not worried at all

thetexanator 10-14-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2229541)
We have come full circle. Colts back at #1 prob for next 10 yrs, and the titans are now the benchmark for #2 team in division.

What a ****ed up world we live in. :)

those damn colts. what did they suffer, like 1 yr since getting manning. and that one year got them luck and set them up for the next 10 yrs.

jeez.

Vinny 10-14-2013 11:48 AM

Despite massive talent difference: '05 #Texans (2-14):26th in scoring, 32nd in pts allowed. '13 Texans:26th & 28th #Turnovers
Retweeted by TexansTalk.com

thetexanator 10-14-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2229560)
meh its not over and IMO we can get out of purgatory fast IMO

IM not worried at all

convince me. tell me how we can do this. i want to believe.

HTown2ATX 10-14-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetexanator (Post 2229573)

http://weedneeds.files.wordpress.com...lass-bong2.jpg

Home team fan 10-14-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2229524)
What did I do? Other than follow the Oilers and Texans all my miserable life. LOL

I'll add the Aggies to that list. For me anyways.

Norg 10-14-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

simple

yates or keenum comes in and gives us that spark kinda like in in 2011

and maybe we don't make the playoffs but we can start winning and maybe get to 9-7

and u know what we can just strat playing to be a spoiler team meaning start winning and pull playoff hopeful teams down with us into our misery LOL

Knock the colts out from seeding

Kick the titans WC hopes away

beating NE and Denver

Vinny 10-14-2013 12:04 PM

Look on the bright side, Texans record better than two other AFC teams.

Carr Bombed 10-14-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

I'll tell you.. we have to suck this year.

This isn't purgatory.. it's a cleansing, a gate, a doorway, a bridge (whatever the **** you want to call it), we must pass over it and move through it to move forward.

I rooted for us to go down in flames against the Rams and before people say I'm not a fan, because I rooted for my team to lose, or rooted for Schaub to extend his sole ownership of the NFL record of pick 6's.. I did it, because I'm a fan. A fan that realizes this current team's max potential is mediocrity. As a fan I expect more and when you're stuck in "not bad enough to make change, but not good enough to win it", that's when you're in purgatory. So I hope they fall on their face, because a change has to be made.

The only way this team is going to rid themselves of what's truly wrong with this team (coach and QB) is for them to fall flat on their collective faces. I'll still tune in and watch every second of it.

Norg 10-14-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 2229587)
I'll tell you.. we have to suck this year.

This isn't purgatory.. it's a cleansing, a gate, a doorway, a bridge (whatever the **** you want to call it), we must pass over it and move through it to move forward.

I rooted for us to go down in flames against the Rams and before people say I'm not a fan, because I rooted for my team to lose, or rooted for Schaub to extend his sole ownership of the NFL record of pick 6's.. I did it, because I'm a fan. A fan that realizes this team's max potential is mediocrity. As a fan I expect more and when you're stuck in "not bad enough to make change, but not good enough to win it", that's when you're in purgatory. So I hope they fall on their face.

The only way this team is going to rid themselves of what's truly wrong with this team (coach and QB) is for them to fall flat on their collective faces. I'll still tune in and watch every second of it.

Screw that man I wanna WIN and next year WIN SOME more

Blowing a season now that really urks me I love when teams are competive week in and week out anything less is ***** IMO

Carr Bombed 10-14-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2229589)
Screw that man I wanna WIN and next year WIN SOME more

Blowing a season now that really urks me I love when teams are competive week in and week out anything less is ***** IMO

So you'll be happy with a 8-8 season that leads to the status quo and no change for the future? What you just described is "purgatory"

Me hoping these problems hit them now and lead to change IS rooting for them to win.. in the future. As currently constructed, they aren't going to win crap of any importance. This team is lucky they aren't 0-6 right now and nobody doubts their talent level, so the problem that they're having goes beyond talent.. it wreaks of poor leadership and it stems from the HC and QB.