Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Owen Daniels Fibula Injury, Could Miss Time (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102365)

htownfan32 10-07-2013 08:14 PM

Owen Daniels Fibula Injury, Could Miss Time

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fibula-injury/

Quote:

As if the Texans didnít have enough problems, they could now be without tight end Owen Daniels, at least for a little while.

According to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Daniels underwent two MRIs on his fibula on Monday. He could miss a few weeks.

McClain reports that Daniels could be placed on injured reserve, with designation to return. If that happens, heíll miss at least eight weeks.
Just our luck.

Fili 10-07-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Owen Daniels Fibula Injury, Could Miss Time

Hoping for a bruise...:foottap:

htowntexans1985 10-07-2013 08:22 PM

I see him returning after the bye week. I have confidence Graham will fill in nicely.

Another thing to think about. We were down 28 points when he got injured. He shouldn't have even been on the field at that point.

CloakNNNdagger 10-07-2013 08:30 PM

Not too much that can happen to the fibula except for a stress or overt fracture. Fortunately, the fibula is a non weight-bearing bone. If a stress fracture, expect 4 weeks of non weight-bearing......maybe 6 weeks for an overt fracture.

TheIronDuke 10-07-2013 08:37 PM

That'll reduce the odds of pick 6's, OD was the target on a couple of them. However, I have faith that Schaub can throw pick 6's while targeting anyone but we will see how Matty can adjust.

Doppelganger 10-07-2013 09:34 PM

Time to see if Griffin is ready to go.

DocBar 10-07-2013 09:47 PM

I'm not going to lose sleep over this. OD didn't do Schaub any favors on that pick 6 against the Seahawks. I'm very comfortable with Graham and I'd love to see Griffin get some playing time. Even Schaub would have a hard time missing someone that big. I'm sure he'll do it, but he'll have to work at it.

I wonder if he hurt his leg trying to reverse his direction to catch a pass thrown behind him or trying to make a tackle on another INT. :hmmm:

And no, I'm not happy or anything resembling happy that OD is injured. I'm just not overly concerned with his absence as far as offensive production goes. I think Graham has a ton of upside and Matty Pick 6 needs to look at someone other than OD and AJ every freaking pass play. Well, hopefully it'll be Yates or Keenum looking for open receivers soon.

dtran04 10-07-2013 09:48 PM

Time for Graham to win next year's TE job.

silvrhand 10-07-2013 10:08 PM

trade for josh gordon, apparently the browns want a second round pick.

msbbc833 10-07-2013 10:14 PM

Like someone mentioned before it seems OD has been the intended target on most of the pick sixes. Maybe Griffin + Yates/Keenum will instill new vigor for our offense.

PapaL 10-07-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2224833)
Not too much that can happen to the fibula except for a stress or overt fracture. Fortunately, the fibula is a non weight-bearing bone. If a stress fracture, expect 4 weeks of non weight-bearing......maybe 6 weeks for an overt fracture.

I'm assuming that you're implying with proper medical care it's 6 weeks. So we should expect his career to be over w our staff. Hopefully he doesn't lose the leg.

DocBar 10-07-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2224892)
I'm assuming that you're implying with proper medical care it's 6 weeks. So we should expect his career to be over w our staff. Hopefully he doesn't lose the leg.

That would be really funny if it weren't so damned true. :gun:

MEGA SWATT 10-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doppelganger (Post 2224864)
Time to see if Griffin is ready to go.

I'm hopeful that he'll be able to make a tackle to prevent the TD (unlike OD) and thus reducing pick sixes:wild:

DX-TEX 10-07-2013 10:58 PM

Tin foil hat thought:

OD was the only player after the Seahawks game to openly question why they ran that play and not a run......

DocBar 10-07-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-TEX (Post 2224905)
Tin foil hat thought:

OD was the only player after the Seahawks game to openly question why they ran that play and not a run......

And OD had the ball flat assed stolen from him. I would be diverting attention from myself, also. Sherman went right through OD on that play. :tinfoil:

ObsiWan 10-08-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbbc833 (Post 2224889)
Like someone mentioned before it seems OD has been the intended target on most of the pick sixes. Maybe Griffin + Yates/Keenum will instill new vigor for our offense.

Yes. An infusion of youth might do the trick. Goodness knows something is needed.

HouTx11 10-08-2013 04:05 AM

Not good news at all for the Texans. I hope his return is sooner rather than later because the Texans need him out there pretty bad. Such a clutch player for the offense. Get well soon, Daniels!

At least Graham is playing decent lately. The Texans will most definitely need him to continue to play well.

mussop 10-08-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtran04 (Post 2224876)
Time for Graham to win next year's TE job.

That's a done deal IMO. OD makes to much and will be gone after this year anyway. I'm excited to see griffin get some playing time. There is something about him that just stands out to me.

The one thaing that could turn this offense into a unstoppable force is for us to start hitting the TE's down the seems. If we would just start throwing it it would open up so much.

htowntexans1985 10-08-2013 10:32 AM

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli

Owen Daniels' injury is a non-displaced
fibula fracture. That is likely to keep him
out 4-6 weeks. Tough blow for #Texans

CloakNNNdagger 10-08-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 (Post 2225072)
Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli

Owen Daniels' injury is a non-displaced
fibula fracture. That is likely to keep him
out 4-6 weeks. Tough blow for #Texans

With this type of fibula fracture, non weight-bearing will be maintained for 4-6 weeks, depending of radiological evidence of proper bone healing (reflecting strength). Then you can tack on an additional 2 weeks before acceptable comfort and return to reasonable performance can be expected. It the Texans decide to IR him with designation to return, it will still fit nicely into the allotted time frame.