Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Guess Kubiak's speech (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102333)

gafftop 10-06-2013 10:44 PM

Guess Kubiak's speech

I didn't put Matt in a position to succeed. It's on me. Matt had a bad game.
Well get it fixed. Matt is our QB.

Vinny 10-06-2013 10:44 PM

Re: Guess Kubiak's speech

I thought Kubiak's halftime comments were weird and disconnected.

qman_tx 10-06-2013 10:46 PM

It's on me...

It's on me...

It's on me...

:kubepalm:

HoustonFrog 10-06-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2223907)
I thought Kubiak's halftime comments were weird and disconnected.

That bothered me more than anything. Schaub throws int for a TD and another for a drive stopper. Yet he said they had more issues like D and ST. How is that?Defensive anyone

thetexanator 10-06-2013 10:48 PM

well _____, this game is on me. i didnt put the guys in a position to succeed. This is Matt's team. we have to get some things ironed out but blah blah blah. stfu already.

thetexanator 10-06-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gafftop (Post 2223903)

holy crap. i didnt even read your post before mine. lol. hilarious.

ATXtexanfan 10-06-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gafftop (Post 2223903)

Dude you answered your own question. Not fair

TEXANRED 10-06-2013 10:52 PM

Kubiak: It's all on me. I didn't have my team prepared for this game. The coaching staff and myself should have done a better job of getting everybody ready to play this game. Matt Schaub is still our starting QB.

gafftop 10-06-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2223927)
Dude you answered your own question. Not fair

Dude, sorry about that lol

fiasco west 10-06-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonFrog (Post 2223914)
That bothered me more than anything. Schaub throws int for a TD and another for a drive stopper. Yet he said they had more issues like D and ST. How is that?Defensive anyone

Kubiak was a QB so iunno, maybe he's just feeling bad for the guy...

Hookem Horns 10-06-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANRED (Post 2223935)
Kubiak: It's all on me. I didn't have my team prepared for this game. The coaching staff and myself should have done a better job of getting everybody ready to play this game. Matt Schaub is still our starting QB.

Yes, it's all on him and he doesn't have to keep reminding us of that. He should just do the right thing and fire himself.

JCTexan 10-06-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonFrog (Post 2223914)

fml. As a team, you cannot have a worse issue than your QB throwing a pick-6 whenever he feels like it. The defense is fine. The Special Teams isn't losing us football games. Matt Schaub is.

gafftop 10-06-2013 10:59 PM

You know a few weeks back I compared MS to Nuke LaLoosh the rookie pitcher from the baseball movie Bull Durham. Nuke had no clue and just repeated what Crash taught him. I am beginning to believe Kubiak may be a Nuke also.

darnbni99a 10-06-2013 11:01 PM

same sh!t different week

hradhak 10-06-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2223955)
fml. As a team, you cannot have a worse issue than your QB throwing a pick-6 whenever he feels like it. The defense is fine. The Special Teams isn't losing us football games. Matt Schaub is.

Yeah. Seriously. I am not sure how our defense and special teams are the problem here. MS will be out there next week, and he will likely make some huge mistake, again.

Kubiak needs to own up and hand the ball to someone else next week, just don't think it's going to happen.

badboy 10-06-2013 11:02 PM

Uh, Mr. McNair first thanks for accepting my call. Uh, I was wondering if that extension you offered and I turned down was still on the table? Matt? Matt who?

Trap_Star 10-06-2013 11:03 PM

Kubiak: Schaub is not letting the rest of the team bite the pillow, he's going in dry....but that's on me, I should of had the KY on hand for the rest of the guys. I need to be better prepared. It's on me.

TEXANRED 10-06-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2223947)
Yes, it's all on him and he doesn't have to keep reminding us of that. He should just do the right thing and fire himself.

It would be nice if the operative from Serenity would be waiting for Kubiak in his office after the game.

The Operative: You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords.

76Texan 10-06-2013 11:04 PM

Will anybody in the media ask Kubiak the simple question:

"Man, you keep saying you didn't put the guy in the position to succeed.
Why?
How many years of coaching do you have?
Haven't you learned anything?"

Just stupid!

thunderkyss 10-06-2013 11:05 PM

"No... I don't think Matt was struggling, that wasn't on my mind when I decided to put Tj in. We thought Matt needed a rest, just like we put Ben in for Wade last week. We talked about it before the game & He's been playing a lot of football, so we were hoping we'd have an opportunity to rest him a bit there. He was getting ready to come back, but we just ran out of time."

"Matt's our QB, he's going to be our QB next week. He's confident, he did some good things. He's struggling, I'll give you that, but he's confident, the team's confident in him. Matt's going to come out of it."

"No, I'm not going to take the blame for that pick 6 today, that was on Andre. We worked on that all week, Andre knows if Matt throws an INT, he's got to get in there & make a play. We ran that same pick 6 later in the game, but Andre got on him, made a play. We'll most likely do it again next week, we'll get better, limit the yardage they get on those plays."

"My job..... you know I think I'm luckier than a two dck dog. We've been over this before, I don't know what McNair's going to have me do when we get back to Houston, but I'm sure it's going to involve whip cream & a biscuit, well I hope there's whip cream involved."