Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans Game Week -- at San Francisco 49ers (7:30PM CDT) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102243)

Playoffs 10-01-2013 09:27 AM

Texans Game Week -- at San Francisco 49ers (7:30PM CDT)

A thread for news/notes/chatter about our upcoming Sunday night game versus the San Francisco 49ers.

:logo:

--thanks to EllisUnit for the cool graphics, give him some rep

Thorn 10-01-2013 09:37 AM

Re: Texans Game Week -- at San Francisco 49ers (7:30PM CDT)

So, in the pic, the Texans are praying to the football gods for help, and the 49ers are smelling themselves to see if they need a shower. :kitten:

EllisUnit 10-01-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2220017)
So, in the pic, the Texans are praying to the football gods for help, and the 49ers are smelling themselves to see if they need a shower. :kitten:

No schaub just threw a pick 6 and Kapernick is flexing and kissing his bicep, body language tells it all really

Playoffs 10-01-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

No, Texans are pounding the Earth's crust imposing their will on its orbit,

And Kaepernick overheard someone saying "he stinks this year", so he's checking to see if he's forgotten his monthly shower.

Thorn 10-01-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2220033)
No, Texans are pounding the Earth's crust imposing their will on its orbit,

Can't be, they're in water. No, what I think is happening is Schaub is looking down into the water for the alligator that bit Kaepernick's hand.

Showtime100 10-01-2013 09:59 AM

Let's see. Prime time. The Texans need to show the NFL they are in it for real. They should really play wee fueled by anger from past games.

I've bought this CD already, anyone want to know it ends?

thunderkyss 10-01-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

I think that's Schaub "bringing the thunder" see how the lightning is striking where his fists hit the ground?

& that's Kaepernick wiping the Jj juice off his lips.

eriadoc 10-01-2013 10:27 AM

Check mark time:

Coaching: 49ers
QB: 49ers
RB: Texans by a Tate
WR: Texans, but kind of moot, since Schaub ignores Nuk until the 4th Q
TE: 49ers
OL: 49ers

DL: Texans, but barely
LB: 49ers in a landslide
CB: 49ers
S: 49ers

ST: 49ers

thunderkyss 10-01-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2220058)
LB: 49ers in a landslide

Looks like Patrick Willis might not play (groin) Aldon Smith is still in rehab

& Cushing is most likely going to play.....

I agree, 49ers.

:smh:

infantrycak 10-01-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Check mark time:

CB: 49ers

ST: 49ers

On what basis are you giving either of these to the Niners?

Texan_Bill 10-01-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Well played, sir!

eriadoc 10-01-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2220069)
On what basis are you giving either of these to the Niners?

CBs: Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Asomugha are better than JJo, KJax, and McCain. The 49ers secondary was better last year and they appear to be better this year, at least based on what JJo and KJax have done so far. And I hate even thinking about McCain.

ST: I could just leave it at Joe Marciano, and that should be a sufficient answer. But consider that the Texans seldom return kicks out past the 20, despite taking it out constantly, and they never return one for a TD. The return coverage is hit and miss, between penalties and giving up the big return. The 49ers are struggling as well, but their kicker is better than ours and their punter isn't so far behind Lechler that it makes much difference. I could have said push, I suppose, so if it makes you happy, we can agree that both teams have crap ST.

SCOTTexans 10-01-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Check mark time:

Coaching: 49ers
QB: 49ers
RB: Texans by a Tate
WR: Texans, but kind of moot, since Schaub ignores Nuk until the 4th Q
TE: 49ers

I agree with most but I think we win the TE category... Davis - hamstring and who is they second TE?

YeaLikeRightNow 10-01-2013 11:34 AM

I hope the Texans can make a huge statement here. It looks like another prime-time pivotal game on the schedule, but I realistically have my doubts.

At the beginning of the season, I thought we would win two of these last three games (Ravens, Seahawks, 49'ers) but after what McClain calls a monumental collapse at the hands of the Seahawks, I had to change my outlook. Honestly, if we can get out of San Fran with a narrow loss and no injuries in front of another national audience, at this point I would be happy. I just cannot see us going into their stadium and pulling off a win after the way we've played thus far in the season.

Even though our defense has played respectfully the last few games, there has been very few turnovers come our way. It's time for the flip-flop where the offense is respectable and the defense hams it up. I can see Wade already...:wadepalm:

Did you know that 9 points, yes...only 9 points have separated the Texans from being an 0-4 team?

Rey 10-01-2013 11:49 AM

I think our D matches up well with the 9ers. Any team that runs a lot and has pass plays that take a while to develop, our d matches up well with them.

On offense, we can move the ball against anyone.

9ers are going to come out hungry at home. They need the win. We do too.

I don't know what to think of the prime time stuff. I don't buy into it really, but the record there is undeniable.

I'm giving this one to the 9ers. I think the 9ers have a more explosive offense and I think Schaub is going to play tight. 9ers get some pressure and he starts to shrink under the heat. I think he throws at least one pick this game.

35-21 9ers.

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.

ThaShark316 10-01-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2220143)
I think our D matches up well with the 9ers. Any team that runs a lot and has pass plays that take a while to develop, our d matches up well with them.

On offense, we can move the ball against anyone.

9ers are going to come out hungry at home. They need the win. We do too.

I don't know what to think of the prime time stuff. I don't buy into it really, but the record there is undeniable.

I'm giving this one to the 9ers. I think the 9ers have a more explosive offense and I think Schaub is going to play tight. 9ers get some pressure and he starts to shrink under the heat. I think he throws at least one pick this game.

35-21 9ers.

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.

I'm sorry but that 35 made me laugh. Good one, man.

thunderkyss 10-01-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow (Post 2220124)
I hope the Texans can make a huge statement here. It looks like another prime-time pivotal game on the schedule, but I realistically have my doubts.

If we win, there is no statement. The 49ers were held to 3 points by the Seahawks & 7 by the Colts. They look more mediocre (actually plagued by injury) than anything this year. If we win.... I feel like it's going to be a "you should have won" kind of thing.

If we lose, then it's a statement by the 49ers... that they shouldn't be overlooked & they have every intention of being in the Super Bowl again.

Playoffs 10-01-2013 02:25 PM

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...21-306x428.jpg

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:

The #Texans Defense is holding opponents to an NFL-best 254.3 yds/game.

Speaking of @SNFonNBC, #Texans at 49ers play-by-play/color commentary handled by Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth.
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:

Former #Ravens and #49ers LB Tavares Gooden had a workout for the Houston #Texans.

Lunch time reading. SOTT's Quarterly Review: Risers and Fallers http://www.stateofthetexans.com/quar...s-and-fallers/ … via @SOTTexans #Texans #NFL
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:

Here's Bill Barnwell's article re: Schaub for those who want more context of Pick 6 convo @billbarnwell at @Grantland33: http://es.pn/18Fwi6a

Interested in #Texans audibles, read my 7/25/13 blog post re: Myers/Schaub comments on topic: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...talk-audibles/
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Quote:

No defensive player has made as many run stops as Brian Cushing (18). 2nd is Posluszny (17), 3rd Ahmad Brooks & J.J. Watt (15)

Lowest amount of pressure faced by quarterbacks. 1st Peyton Manning (19.3%), 2nd Andy Dalton (22.8%) & 3rd Stafford (25.8%)

Of all QBs w/at least 100 dropbacks Mike Vick has faced the most pressure (46.5%). 2nd is Russell Wilson (44.6%) & 3rd Matt Schaub (44.4%).

DX-TEX 10-01-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2220301)

This is the first reason why I have no doubts they are going to physically man handle the Niners. That meeting yesterday was a come to jesus meeting holding every damn person in the locker room accountable to each other. The fact that Arian called it says a ton on its own. Arina hasn't been very vocal since he dropped twitter and started hating the media.

This team will play inspired and god help whoever stands in there way.

PERIOD.

:texflag:

Playoffs 10-01-2013 04:37 PM

Eric SanInocencio ‏@EricSan
Quote:

Never would have guessed this next one either. Arian Foster leads the AFC with 292 yards rushing.

Another #Texans stat. DeAndre Hopkins leads all rookies with 270 yards receiving on 20 receptions.

Great stat nuggest -- The Texans are the only team in the NFL with a top-five offense and defense.