Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   W-L the rest of the way (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102222)

eriadoc 09-30-2013 12:54 AM

W-L the rest of the way

Just one question - would you be surprised at a loss in Game XYZ?

@49ers: would anyone really be surprised by a loss?

Rams: should be a win. I'd be surprised if they lose.

@Chiefs: If this was played in Reliant, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying win. Since it's in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs seem to have a handle on playing solid ball now, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Colts: Colts went out to SF and punked the 49ers and have been playing well altogether. Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Cards: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Raiders: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Jags: They better damn well not lose.

Patriots: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Jags: They better damn well not lose.

@Colts: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss, especially since it's in Indy, and the Texans never win there, even when Dan Outofboundski is QB.

Broncos: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Tacks: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

So I guess that means I won't be surprised if they finish up 7-9. Not predicting that, but it's a different way of looking at it, no?

ThaShark316 09-30-2013 01:03 AM

Re: W-L the rest of the way

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2219198)

@Chiefs: If this was played in Reliant, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying win. Since it's in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs seem to have a handle on playing solid ball now, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Colts: Colts went out to SF and punked the 49ers and have been playing well altogether. Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Cards: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Raiders: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Jags: They better damn well not lose.

Patriots: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Jags: They better damn well not lose.

@Colts: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss, especially since it's in Indy, and the Texans never win there, even when Dan Outofboundski is QB.

Broncos: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Tacks: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

So I guess that means I won't be surprised if they finish up 7-9. Not predicting that, but it's a different way of looking at it, no?

The hell kind of "W-L the rest of the way" thread is this, my brother?

eriadoc 09-30-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 2219200)
The hell kind of "W-L the rest of the way" thread is this, my brother?

Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.

Seegara 09-30-2013 01:22 AM

@49ers: loss
Rams: win
@Chiefs: loss
Colts: loss
@Cards: win
Raiders: win
Jags: win of course
Patriots: loss
@Jags: win
@Colts: loss
Broncos: loss.
@Tacks: pick 'em

Vinny 09-30-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Just for trivia's sake...the last time a Houston NFL team won at Indy was 21 years ago in September 13, 1992.
The good news was that Warren Moon was 29 for 39 w/361 yards and 2 TD's. Great stats plus a win. Everyone happy that day.

ThaShark316 09-30-2013 01:34 AM

@49ers: 2-3
Rams: 3-3
@Chiefs: 3-4
Colts: 4-4
@Cards: 5-4
Raiders: 6-4
Jags: 7-4
Patriots: 7-5
@Jags: 8-5
@Colts: 8-6
Broncos: 9-6
@Tacks: 10-6

In my heart of hearts, I know we're going to take one of these tough ones, and give back an easy one. Or get 2 tough ones, give back an easy one.

Bulls on Parade 09-30-2013 02:21 AM

We have to win Sunday Night's game at San Francisco. That's all we really should be focusing on right now. At 2-2 we need to play better football. It really doesn't matter who the opponent is or if the game is at home or on the road. The Texans have to figure out how to not beat themselves. Until then there is really not much else to say.

EllisUnit 09-30-2013 02:46 AM

We win out the rest of the season, And you can take that **** straight to the bank

Courtesy of my :koolaid:

thunderkyss 09-30-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

I honestly think it's too early to look too far into the season. I don't want to base what may happen in December based on what we've seen the last 4 weeks. If I had to, I wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-4 in December...

Quote:

I would be surprised. These guys are talking about character & learning from adversity. a 3 game losing streak is not the kind of thing you put together if you are in fact "learning" from adversity.

Quote:

It's probably more want to than anything else, but I want the Texans to be 5-2 at the bye week. If we beat San Francisco I'd be surprised if we aren't.

mridge01 09-30-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 2219207)
@49ers: 2-3
Rams: 3-3
@Chiefs: 3-4
Colts: 4-4
@Cards: 5-4
Raiders: 6-4
Jags: 7-4
Patriots: 7-5
@Jags: 8-5
@Colts: 8-6
Broncos: 9-6
@Tacks: 10-6

In my heart of hearts, I know we're going to take one of these tough ones, and give back an easy one. Or get 2 tough ones, give back an easy one.

I don't think we beat the Titans, especially if they're playing for something. After the game here, they know they should have won. They'll have this game circled on their calendar. I could see them beating the Broncos if they are resting all their starters by then. If not, this team is 8-8 and out of the playoffs.

mridge01 09-30-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2219220)
I honestly think it's too early to look too far into the season. I don't want to base what may happen in December based on what we've seen the last 4 weeks. If I had to, I wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-4 in December...

I would be surprised. These guys are talking about character & learning from adversity. a 3 game losing streak is not the kind of thing you put together if you are in fact "learning" from adversity.

It's probably more want to than anything else, but I want the Texans to be 5-2 at the bye week. If we beat San Francisco I'd be surprised if we aren't.

EllisUnit, here's someone drinking your Koolaid!

PapaL 09-30-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2219211)
We win out the rest of the season, And you can take that **** straight to the bank

Courtesy of my :koolaid:

Do they sell what you're on OTC or do I need a hook up? :whoohoo:

Rey 09-30-2013 07:18 AM

I wouldn't be surprised with 6-10. I think 9-7 is the high mark.

Thorn 09-30-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2219201)
Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.

LOL. MSR. I'm sure if think about I can come up with more internet letters.

That one sentence says it all. Some folks around here just don't get it. We're fans, posting on an internet message board about our opinions. Nothing more.

In any case, I agree with your listing on games I wouldn't be surprised about if they lose, but I still think the Texans win between 10-12 games this season. What I don't feel confident about any more is winning the AFCS for the 3rd year in a row. I would have bet a paycheck on that happening before yesterday, but not now.

thunderkyss 09-30-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mridge01 (Post 2219223)
EllisUnit, here's someone drinking your Koolaid!

If we look totally inept like the Jags, or Philly I'd call it koolaid. We're making mental mistakes... we may have a QB with something in his throat. But there was a lot of good football out there yesterday.

You want to say we can't beat the elite teams, maybe you can count San Francisco an elite team, but we've got some weak little sisters coming up in St. Louis, KC. Those are games we should win.

It's too early to call KC elite, to early to call us out.

thunderkyss 09-30-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2219229)
I wouldn't be surprised with 6-10. I think 9-7 is the high mark.

If we win 10+ games it will be a testament to Kubiak. He did it last year, time for him to coach his a55 off.

Rey 09-30-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2219234)
If we win 10+ games it will be a testament to Kubiak. He did it last year, time for him to coach his a55 off.

Yes it would...and everyone else.

Because right now I don't think we'll beat many good teams and I see us coughing up one or two we should win.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they turn this around.

TheIronDuke 09-30-2013 07:57 AM

I thought they were an 8-8 team before the season started but now I think we're staring another 6-10 in the face. I think that would probably be best for the team in the long run like the last time we finished 6-10. We will probably lose to SF, KC, Indy twice, NE, DEN and TEN.

BigBull17 09-30-2013 08:17 AM

@49ers: Prime time, 8 throws a pick six and has 5 crumplesacks L

Rams: 8 throws a pick 6, but bradford throws 2 W

@Chiefs: 9 crumplesacks and a pick 6 L

Colts: bounce back after embarassing chiefs loss W

@Cards: ****ty qb play? check. ****ty special teams? check. Patrick Peterson will be the nfc defensive and special teams player of the month L

Raiders: We'll win despite pick 6 W

Jags: whatever W

Patriots: This game will be an ass-kicking of epic proportions. L

@Jags: whatever W

@Colts: This will be an ugly game. Pick six and 8 crumplesacks. L

Broncos: Holliday will celebrate in Reliant and Von Miller will be flossing with 8 labia. L

@Tacks: They clinch wild card berth at home in this game. Embarrassing loss

That would be 7-9. This is what happens when you have a piss poor special teams and a QB who makes terrible decisions. And yet, Bob will say that Gary is my guy, and Gary will say Matt is our leader and we can win with him. Andre goes down as a receiver that never got a chance. We'll go into next year with Marciano at SP teams coordinator and 8 at qb. Welcome back to irrelevancy.

YeaLikeRightNow 09-30-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2219243)
I thought they were an 8-8 team before the season started but now I think we're staring another 6-10 in the face. I think that would probably be best for the team in the long run like the last time we finished 6-10. We will probably lose to SF, KC, Indy twice, NE, DEN and TEN.

I have to agree with this.

But....how can anyone envision any more wins with a QB that folds like tissue paper at the "hint" of a tackle.

For some unexplainable reason, Schaub is shell-shocked, and in comparison; at least David Carr took the hits if he wasn't scrambling.