Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Time for a players only meeting (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102213)

thunderkyss 09-29-2013 06:52 PM

Time for a players only meeting
 
They need to strip the C off of Schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.

SchaubApologist 09-29-2013 06:54 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2218789)
They need to strip the C off of Schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.

ugh.. an additional week of schaub sucking and you're singing a different tune.

are you sure the defense didn't surrender too many points?

:choke:

amazing80 09-29-2013 06:58 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchaubApologist (Post 2218791)
ugh.. an additional week of schaub sucking and you're singing a different tune.

are you sure the defense didn't surrender too many points?

:choke:

yup, just like Schaub, give him enough pressure and he folds :slapfight:

chicagotexan2 09-29-2013 07:01 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
The only meeting I want to see is one in which Schaub walks into a room and his career as a texan gets whacked out like tommy in goodfellas.

eriadoc 09-29-2013 07:03 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2217134)
Jake Plummer.

Kubiak/Shanahan took what was basically Tony Romo & made him a winner. AFC Championship game & Super Bowl contender.

Regardless what we think of Schaub I think we can all agree that we can get to an AFC Championship game with him if Kubiak/Shanahan can take Plummer to the AFC Championship game & if we can get to the AFC Championship game, there's a good chance we can get to the Super Bowl.

Right now Schaub has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than RG3, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, even Colin Kaepernick. Even is he's just lucky, this is where we are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2217124)
Nothing against CnD, but I'm seeing a better than 2011 Schaub out there. Sure enough, we'll see come January.

Schaub most likely won't do anything spectacular, we're numb to what he does, but the numbers will be there, I'm thinking even better. Right now he's dealing with protection issues & new receivers.. .Kubiak is tweaking the offense, a lot of change we're not even aware of (like the OL splits, I've never seen them that wide), so we're going to struggle & this year the group-think has decided to put it all on Schaub's shoulders & he's taking it like a man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2217087)
I still think Schaub looks healthier than he has in a long, long time. People are goin to change the way they think about Matt Schaub. ... Schaub ain't the only one who needs a little help. He's going to take care of thatt winnning thing this year & fix the perspective on Matt Schaub.

No doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2214773)
I'm stubborn & I think this is a Championship team with Schaub.

3ch

amazing80 09-29-2013 07:04 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub


http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/134...nchairto-o.gif

Bulls on Parade 09-29-2013 07:06 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
I would make Kareem Jackson wear a Hooters outfit and bring some coffee and donuts to that meeting. His play lately has been every bit as frustrating.

SchaubApologist 09-29-2013 07:07 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 2218821)
i only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with watt and cushing hitting schaub


http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/134...nchairto-o.gif

hahahahaahahahahhaahahahhaah

chicagotexan2 09-29-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 2218821)
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub


http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/134...nchairto-o.gif

Ok I'd settle for they too

HouTx11 09-29-2013 07:08 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Agree with the meeting, especially when you consider:

1. The Seahawks gave up 476 net yards. The Texans only gave up 270.

2. Russell Wilson only passed for 123 yards.

3. TDs from pick 6's

4. Penalties that have kept drives alive for the other team.

Focus and discipline is needed throughout the entire game.

HouTx11 09-29-2013 07:13 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade (Post 2218824)
I would make Kareem Jackson wear a Hooters outfit and bring some coffee and donuts to that meeting. His play lately has been every bit as frustrating.

Also maybe they should require all CBs to wear a restraint that causes them to always look for the ball when they are defending. Would've prevented the first points on the board today because J-Jo would be wearing it too.

Vinny 09-29-2013 07:17 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
time to call Saul

thunderkyss 09-29-2013 07:19 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2218816)
3ch

I'm human.

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.

SchaubApologist 09-29-2013 07:20 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2218856)
I'm human.

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.

Good man.

It's a rare trait to admit that you were wrong these days.

Glad you are finally seeing what we've all been saying for the past year or so.

eriadoc 09-29-2013 07:23 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2218856)
I'm human.

It wasn't the human aspect I was targeting as much as the stubborn refusal to recognize reality.

Quote:

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.
Yep, and they've given up a long drive every game, I believe. But at the end of the day, if your defense gives up 13 points in regulation and you can't outscore that, you suck as an offense. Defenses are never really going to be like the '85 Bears anymore. The rules have changed too much and the officiating favors the offense. So the defense is going to give up some points. Other offenses have taken up the slack. Schaubiak's hasn't.

Quote:

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.
Welcome aboard the bandwagon. It's full of crappy seats. I'll stop teasing you (mostly). ;)

thunderkyss 09-29-2013 07:23 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HouTx11 (Post 2218843)
Also maybe they should require all CBs to wear a restraint that causes them to always look for the ball when they are defending. Would've prevented the first points on the board today because J-Jo would be wearing it too.

It wouldn't have mattered. He was holding the receiver's jersey from the time they snapped the ball. Don't matter where he's looking, it's pass interference.


Saying, "he didn't turn his head." Is what commentators say when they're trying to convince you they know what they're talking about....... most of the time, they do. But when it starts to get cliche... chances are they spoke too soon.

Nawzer 09-29-2013 07:39 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 2218821)
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub


http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/134...nchairto-o.gif

Haha I would love to see that happen.

HouTx11 09-29-2013 07:44 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Just a thought, but lets flip this:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes left in the game?

If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.

BullNation4Life 09-29-2013 07:48 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amazing80 (Post 2218821)
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub


http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/134...nchairto-o.gif

HA I am in favor of ANY meeting that ends with Watt and Cushing delivering a Con-Chair-To to Schaub....

Rey 09-29-2013 07:54 PM

Re: Time for a players only meeting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HouTx11 (Post 2218892)
Just a thought, but lets flip this:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes
If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.

I'd feel like we felt after the chargers game. Glad we won, but

Seattle doesn't pass a lot anyways so it's not like they were expecting 350 yards from Wilson today.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger