Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102141)

CloakNNNdagger 09-25-2013 09:39 AM

Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
FWIW, per 610, the Texans worked out four CBs with NFL experience.............none with PS eligibility.

htowntexans1985 09-25-2013 09:55 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Jason La Canfora
@ JasonLaCanfora

HOU worked out 8 DBs Tues including
former Pat Ras-I Dowling.

badboy 09-25-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
I was intrigued with Dowling when he left college but perhaps the two injuries have messed him up. 6'1" 200 4.40

CloakNNNdagger 09-25-2013 10:34 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2216034)
I was intrigued with Dowling when he left college but perhaps the two injuries have messed him up. 6'1" 200 4.40

In the latter part of his college career, he was a mess injury-wise, while having to deal with hamstring, knee and ankles injuries. With the Pats, his problems continued. He tried to avoid surgery after tearing a tendon in his hip. He finally gave into the inevitable......and has never been the same since.

Playoffs 09-25-2013 11:59 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Texans tried out DBs Ras-I Dowling, Jalil Brown, Eric Hagg, Mario Butler, Myron Lewis, Locyce Means, Steven Terrell and Josh Victorian. (Aaron Wilson)

texanhead08 09-25-2013 12:03 PM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2216081)
Texans tried out DBs Ras-I Dowling, Jalil Brown, Eric Hagg, Mario Butler, Myron Lewis, Locyce Means, Steven Terrell and Josh Victorian. (Aaron Wilson)


Loyce Means is a UH and Madison High grad.

dream_team 09-25-2013 11:16 PM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
I also read they worked out Antoine Winfield. I always liked his game, and always did a good job on AJ. I wonder if he still has decent speed though.

steelbtexan 09-25-2013 11:38 PM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2216292)
I also read they worked out Antoine Winfield. I always liked his game, and always did a good job on AJ. I wonder if he still has decent speed though.

A 50 yr old Winfield would be better than McCain has been this yr.

infantrycak 09-25-2013 11:40 PM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2216299)
A 50 yr old Winfield would be better than McCain has been this yr.

Totally agree. Physically he and Aaron Glenn always reminded me of each other. Maybe Winfield can reverse Glenn and come here to end in a backup role. He's lost more savvy than McCain has ever thought of having.

dream_team 09-26-2013 12:35 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2216302)
Totally agree. Physically he and Aaron Glenn always reminded me of each other. Maybe Winfield can reverse Glenn and come here to end in a backup role. He's lost more savvy than McCain has ever thought of having.

Sorry, I misread the article. It said he's "working out in Houston", not "working out FOR Houston". But hey, if he still he wants to play, I don't see why we shouldn't consider him.

Corrosion 09-26-2013 12:40 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2216299)
A 50 yr old Winfield would be better than McCain has been this yr.

I wonder if he can play QB ?! :overreact:

thunderkyss 09-26-2013 08:26 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2216299)
A 50 yr old Winfield would be better than McCain has been this yr.

Obviously better than Brandon Harris as well. If they're looking at veteran replacements for McCain & not even considering putting BHarris in the game... smh.

I really liked BHarris & I've had my head in the sand regarding him, but the writing appears to be on the wall.

ChampionTexan 09-26-2013 09:04 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2216346)
Obviously better than Brandon Harris as well. If they're looking at veteran replacements for McCain & not even considering putting BHarris in the game... smh.

I really liked BHarris & I've had my head in the sand regarding him, but the writing appears to be on the wall.

This has been covered numerous times before, but this does not necessarily mean they're looking for replacements for anyone.

They routinely bring specific positions on manyTuesdays in case injury would dictate that a replacement is necessary. This way they have current info on available candidates, and can move immediately.

Without commenting on whether McCain should be replaced, I doubt very seriously that's what they're considering doing.

badboy 09-26-2013 09:26 AM

Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs
 
McCain guarantee is up this season and we'd eat only about 1 M in cap of his new contract.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger