Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   SeaHawks fan here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102121)

SacHawk 09-23-2013 07:24 PM

SeaHawks fan here
 
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

:slapfight:

gwallaia 09-23-2013 07:36 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Welcome to the board, I'm sure there will be some good football discussion leading up to the game Sunday. Everyone here is pretty pissed off at our team right now. The Texans better come out as angry as the fans are right now.

kingtexan 09-23-2013 07:39 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
I expect most Texans fans to watch the game, see your QB perform compared to ours, and want to jump off their balconies. Fortunately here in Houston many homes are single story, and very few are more than two, so it will be mostly just sprained ankles and nicks and bruises.

Welcome ...

eriadoc 09-23-2013 07:41 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.

DocBar 09-23-2013 07:42 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Welcome to the board, Seahawks Fan. I hope we have a good game (that means we blow y'all out) and the Texans can get back on track.

The Seahawks have an awesome secondary, but I think we match up well in several key areas. Hopefully there are no injuries and the good guys win.

kingtexan 09-23-2013 07:45 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2215321)
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.

If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.

DocBar 09-23-2013 07:46 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingtexan (Post 2215325)
If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.

I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....

kingtexan 09-23-2013 07:46 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2215326)
I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....

Thought he may have "only" been asking the OP ...

SchaubApologist 09-23-2013 07:49 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SacHawk (Post 2215308)
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

:slapfight:

Welcome! I respect the Seahawks a great deal. Are you sure Russell Okung is "All Pro"? I believe he's a pro bowler, and that's a great accomplishment.. But All Pro is a whole different tamale.

If the game comes down to turnovers, I think you guys have the advantage. To be honest, our only turnovers of the season come in the form of INT's. We have been pretty good about not fumbling thus far. **knock on wood**

I think you will have a hard time running the ball against us. But, Russell is a savvy QB who can throw bullets down the field.

Seahawks are a much better home team, so we have that going for us.

I think it will be a good, hard fought game.. With the Texans coming out on top.

NastyNate 09-23-2013 07:49 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Well enjoy the feast, our offense is a flaming piece of dog sheet.

SacHawk 09-23-2013 07:50 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2215321)
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.

No. Absolutely not. Never ever. Russell Wilson is the absolute truth.

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

Russell Wilson owns the rookie record for consecutive passes completed at 17

Wilson is currently the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL at 109.6

He's got wheels, and he can run. But he's a passer first.

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

kingtexan 09-23-2013 07:52 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SacHawk (Post 2215332)
Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

I was thinking David Carr 2.0, but without the strong arm, or ability to run.

DocBar 09-23-2013 07:55 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingtexan (Post 2215327)
Thought he may have "only" been asking the OP ...

Still didn't give a damn about your opinion. LOL. :kitten:

kingtexan 09-23-2013 07:56 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2215339)
Still didn't give a damn about your opinion. LOL. :kitten:

No one does, I know it ... but yet continue to share ... :texflag:

eriadoc 09-23-2013 07:58 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SacHawk (Post 2215332)
Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

:tiphat:

SchaubApologist 09-23-2013 08:00 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SacHawk (Post 2215332)
No. Absolutely not. Never ever. Russell Wilson is the absolute truth.

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

Russell Wilson owns the rookie record for consecutive passes completed at 17

Wilson is currently the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL at 109.6

He's got wheels, and he can run. But he's a passer first.

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

I'm not so sure the question was "serious"

Texan_Bill 09-23-2013 08:00 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
All I know is this.... @theGuruStu is coming in town Friday from Seattle. I look forward to seeing him but kicking his ass Sunday!!! :cow:

Stu, I'll see ya at Nick's place Friday!

**********

*EDIT*

BTW Stu, you sounded a bit awnry on 1560 this evening!!

eriadoc 09-23-2013 08:03 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchaubApologist (Post 2215348)
I'm not so sure the question was "serious"

Was curious what an outsider thought of Schaub.

SchaubApologist 09-23-2013 08:06 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2215353)
Was curious what an outsider thought of Schaub.

oh, my bad.. thought you were being facetious (:

well, for what it's worth.. I would totally trade wilson for schaub straight up if I were the Seahawks ;)

Showtime100 09-23-2013 08:09 PM

Re: SeaHawks fan here
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SacHawk (Post 2215332)
No. Absolutely not. Never ever. Russell Wilson is the absolute truth.

I wonder what it's like to feel that way about a Houston quarterback. It's been so long since the days of Dante and later, Warren Moon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger