Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Any round robin observations? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102116)

eriadoc 09-23-2013 01:51 PM

Any round robin observations?

In the first three weeks, the Texans, Chargers, and Tacks have all played each other. Anyone think there's anything to be learned from the results? Each offense vs. each defense, etc?

thunderkyss 09-23-2013 02:22 PM

Re: Any round robin observations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2215160)
In the first three weeks, the Texans, Chargers, and Tacks have all played each other. Anyone think there's anything to be learned from the results? Each offense vs. each defense, etc?

I was interested in this match up.. but I lost my appetite for football around 2:50 pm yesterday. I'll look into it & see what happened. Right now, all I know is the Titans won.

Rey 09-23-2013 03:01 PM

I learned that the titans chargers and texans are about the same level of team at this point.

Thorn 09-23-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 2215182)
I learned that the titans chargers and texans are about the same level of team at this point.

That's horrifying.

Vinny 09-23-2013 03:49 PM

AFC teams are finally getting better

dtran04 09-23-2013 04:03 PM

All solid teams so far. Not great, not horrible.

Corrosion 09-24-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 2215160)

They all have average to below average QB play.

b0ng 09-24-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2215552)
They all have average to below average QB play.

Phillip Rivers has thrown 8 TD's to 1 INT. That Chargers team is fine at QB, it's the defense (the secondary in specific (except Weddle) that is giving them problems.

eriadoc 09-24-2013 02:01 PM

It just doesn't work out often that three teams face each other in a three week span, before injuries and roster shuffles have changed the dynamics. Texans D gave up 4 TDs to Rivers, and that looks pretty legitimate. They also held the Chargers to 10 yards in the final 25 minutes. Streaky defense, which is consistent with what we've seen so far. OTOH, did the Chargers defense collapse or is the Texans offense capable of being that good? Chargers defense seems to have let the Tacks have their way a lot more than they would like. But then the Texans gave up 24 points to the Tacks, so maybe their offense isn't as bad as we're assuming.

Just curious what people's thoughts were on the subject.

SacHawk 09-24-2013 02:11 PM

The Bolts defense is meh, honestly. And Rivers I don't think, is actually as good (anymore) as he showed in the first two weeks. We'll see.

The Flaming Thumbtacks are meh, Locker is even more meh.

The Texans have been under-acheiving so far this season.