Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Trade Foster? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102109)

Number19 09-22-2013 09:27 PM

Trade Foster?

I saw the thread "Browns want Ben Tate". But thinking ahead to the future, I was mulling the idea of trading Foster, now, and going with Tate as our RB. We would certainly get a first round pick next year, and possibly more. This move would require us locking up Tate with a new contract, but otherwise, we wouldn't get nearly as much value in letting him go next year.

Pollardized 09-22-2013 09:33 PM

Re: Trade Foster?

Trade him to Titans. Tennessee people would really welcome him after the NCAA people come snooping around. :lol:

Wolf6151 09-22-2013 09:36 PM

I doubt we would get a 1st rounder for Foster, his big contract would prevent that and the fact he's been in the league 3+ yrs.. I do agree with the concept that he's not playing like he did 2yrs. ago, pre-contract. He seems to be running not to get hurt instead of running like he's hungry.

NCTexan 09-22-2013 09:37 PM

He had his best game of the season this season and looked good to me. I'm still giving him a game or two more since he missed all off season before I become concerned. I still think he has "it."

texanmojo 09-22-2013 09:39 PM

Uh...no.

Number19 09-22-2013 09:43 PM

It's not because of lack of production, or his playing, but rather he has trade value, now. If we could get a first next year this could translate into an upgrade in overall talent, assuming Tate produces.

Brisco_County 09-22-2013 09:44 PM

Fans sometimes lose their minds after an ugly loss.

Foster will be fine. The offensive line will not. That should be the focus here. Foster did not have a preseason, and he's just now getting back into his stride. The fact that people desire to see him traded based on such little evidence is irrational to say the least.

And they're also conveniently forgetting Ben Tate's injury history. First it was "Trade Ben Tate!" Now it's "Trade Foster!" Only a GM with schizophrenia would operate this way.

Number19 09-22-2013 09:53 PM

There's a thread that says the Texans are an 8-8 team. If you believe this is close to being accurate, then changes need to be made. Why wait until after the season? Maybe you don't think we are quite that bad, but do you think we are as good as our expectations going into the season? If the team needs to be shook up then let's start now and get value for doing it.

kiwitexansfan 09-22-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number19 (Post 2214765)
It's not because of lack of production, or his playing, but rather he has trade value, now. If we could get a first next year this could translate into an upgrade in overall talent, assuming Tate produces.

If it is based on trade value, maybe we should trade JJ Watt while he still has the DPOY shine on him? :kitten:

Brisco_County 09-22-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number19 (Post 2214775)
There's a thread that says the Texans are an 8-8 team. If you believe this is close to being accurate, then changes need to be made. Why wait until after the season? Maybe you don't think we are quite that bad, but do you think we are as good as our expectations going into the season? If the team needs to be shook up then let's start now and get value for doing it.

I think I'm seeing the same problems that I saw last year. The offensive line cannot protect our QB, and our QB mentally collapses. Kubiak tried to address it by drafting two linemen, and they're both on IR now. Nothing can be done. I believe that our ceiling is set, and there is really no one to blame. And that is what fans are going to struggle with the most: No one to scapegoat, no one to fire. It is what it is.

Number19 09-22-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 2214777)
If it is based on trade value, maybe we should trade JJ Watt while he still has the DPOY shine on him? :kitten:

Oh, but we don't have a second stringer of the same quality who could immediately step into his shoes without loss of production.

waynegg 09-22-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number19 (Post 2214765)

Let's see... Trade player destined for the hall of fame, with several seasons left in him most likely, for a number one draft pick lottery shot. Wasn't it a number 1 that produced Carr?

cdollaz 09-22-2013 10:13 PM

As running backs usually are only effective for a handful of years at most, there is no way anyone would give a 1st round pick for Arian. If they would, I would do it for sure. Not as a slight to Arian, but a first round pick is more valuable than a running back in my opinion.

Brisco_County 09-22-2013 10:17 PM

This type of thread reminds me of when Brian Cushing was in his second season, and the entire defense was so bad that Cushing didn't shine as brightly as his rookie year. The knee-jerkers immediately declared Cushing a one-year wonder, a bust, and steroid dependent. Take a look at this thread for one of the worst examples:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78982

And my response at the time, where the numbers indicated that Cushing was doing just fine:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=29

And here we are in the same scenario with Foster. Foster was even more productive than Tate today. But three games in, people are in freak out mode and wanting to see a very talented player tossed overboard. Or traded, or whatever. It's irrational.

Norg 09-22-2013 10:22 PM

something interesting to think when was the last time a Team one the super bowl with two HIgh payed RB ....????

they usually have 1 star Ruuning back and then just the other guy player X or Y

what im saying is maybe we should just keep one good guy and not two

Texn4life 09-22-2013 10:22 PM

I agree with the OP...... think we should trade AJ, Watt, Tate, Brown, Myers, Lechler, Cushing, Hopkins, A. Smith...... did I leave anyone out? Let's blow the whole damn thing up! I'm sick of the team after three games this year. I don't even care that there are thirteen more to play. I hate em all!

infantrycak 09-22-2013 10:35 PM

Arian's contract would not prohibit someone from wanting him. They would take free of the bonuses which have been paid so would have the base salaries of $5.75 to $6.25 mil. What makes this a non-starter of an idea is the Texans would take a $13.25 mil cap hit.

Bulls on Parade 09-22-2013 10:36 PM

What we have to do right now is focus on beating the Seahawks. Everything will seem a lot better with a 3-1 record at this time next week. Hopefully Duane Brown will be ready to play and our running game, most notably Arian Foster, has a monster game.

If Andre Johnson has to miss a game or two then so be it. We have enough talented young wide receivers to make big plays downfield. I feel like Hopkins, Martin, Posey and Jean are ready to make it happen when the ball is thrown their way. We just need some good pass protection for Schaub.