Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I thought it was clear... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102100)

Tailgate 09-22-2013 03:45 PM

I thought it was clear...

that the two main concerns with our squad AS IS, are the O-Line and OLB pass rush?

Well, the Oline goes from average to BAD immediately w/ out D Brown, and our OLB pass rush may be non existent all year im afraid.

Unless these areas improve its going to define our season this year. We are too fragile at QB and secondary, and we have to mask this as best we can w Strong Oline and pass rush.

ATXtexanfan 09-22-2013 04:20 PM

Re: I thought it was clear...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2214432)
that the two main concerns with our squad AS IS, are the O-Line and OLB pass rush?

Well, the Oline goes from average to BAD immediately w/ out D Brown, and our OLB pass rush may be non existent all year im afraid.

Unless these areas improve its going to define our season this year. We are too fragile at QB and secondary, and we have to mask this as best we can w Strong Oline and pass rush.

This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying

Tailgate 09-22-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan (Post 2214481)
This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying

No doubt about it. But in regards to the team and QB we actually have and for what THIS season is worth... The Oline and pass rush have to improve for us to even have a chance. All is not lost if we can fix these areas. Meaning D Brown comes back and gains pro bowl form, rest of oline gels, and for crying outloud somebody steps up at the OLB positon.

Alot to ask right now.

cstyle42 09-22-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Some of us are too slow to understand this simple fact I just wish Bob Mcnair wasn't.

Mr teX 09-22-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Ask kaepernick how this is working out for him right now..

DX-TEX 09-22-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

This. this. THIS!

Schaub is the lynchpin to all this. Wades D is high risk/ high reward. Works best when your offense can score points and not give them to the opponents D every game.

tedr 09-22-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 2214577)

Maybe Kaepernick is getting exposed...as for us, we look like the 3rd best team in the division so far.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the Texans than I was today...our shortcomings were magnified today, and if something is not done soon, this will be a long year.

Vinny 09-22-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedr (Post 2214581)
Maybe Kaepernick is getting exposed...as for us, we look like the 3rd best team in the division so far.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the Texans than I was today...our shortcomings were magnified today, and if something is not done soon, this will be a long year.

yeah, but we sure can move the ball between the 20's

TexanBacker93 09-22-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

I can see being the 2nd best behind the Colts, but until the Titans beat us we're still better than they are. I still think at the end of the season we'll still be winning the division.

Mr teX 09-22-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

But but but he's got a strong arm and He's mobile and he can run and He makes plays.......he's got a good defense behind him....the best o-line in the league. Whatever could be the problem...:thinking:i thought this is all that was needed to be a great qb in the NFL..

steelbtexan 09-22-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

What do the 49ers and Kaepernick have to do with this?

Lets see, the Texans go out and sign one of the 2 best P in NFL history and the ST's still allow a PR TD.

Coach Joe must go.

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Our QB play was bad, no doubt about it. Last week our QB play kept us in and ultimately won the game. Matt has to play like he did last week not like he did this week. I keep saying that and people keep saying I'm wrong but go back and look. Matt found a way to play well in spite of bad play around him last week. This week he played down to the lowest common denominator.

Mike

Mr teX 09-22-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2214588)
What do the 49ers and Kaepernick have to do with this?

Lets see, the Texans go out and sign one of the 2 best P in NFL history and the ST's still allow a PR TD.

Coach Joe must go.

Nothing really...it just illustrates what i've been saying all day.

WolverineFan 09-22-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 (Post 2214586)
I can see being the 2nd best behind the Colts, but until the Titans beat us we're still better than they are. I still think at the end of the season we'll still be winning the division.

It's Indy's division again.

Just cross out Manning and write in Luck and we get to re-live the last 10 years all over again.

cstyle42 09-22-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

He will just tell us he's seen a game called the super bowl.

cstyle42 09-22-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2214597)

Just cross out Manning and write in Luck and we get to re-live the last 10 years all over again.

Insanity and we are expecting a different result with another qb that doesn't match up in no way to the competition.

Mr teX 09-22-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cstyle42 (Post 2214598)
He will just tell us he's seen a game called the super bowl.

Yeah.....cause that was all him.

thunderkyss 09-22-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolverineFan (Post 2214597)

Last year at this time the sunshine club was being chastised for enjoying being 3-0. They were told that they were lucky despite winning by double digits. The Colts are 2-1 now & it's the Colt's division?

They lost to Miami!!!

waynegg 09-22-2013 11:18 PM

Miami looks surprisingly decent.

The Texans should still take the division though. I have that much faith at least. I think we'll be one and done if Schaub stays in.

Rey 09-22-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 2214828)
Last year at this time the sunshine club was being chastised for enjoying being 3-0. They were told that they were lucky despite winning by double digits. The Colts are 2-1 now & it's the Colt's division?

They lost to Miami!!!

I don't remember saying we were lucky. I do remember pointing out flaws that would later come back to bite us in the ass. Poor outside pass rush, lulls I'm offensive production.

If I had to bet right now and my choices were texans sweep colts or colts sweep texans, I'm taking the colts.

I just have 0 faith in this team to do what we want them to do.

It's fine to look on the bright side too though. Me, I'm just saying how I feel like most here. And what I feel is that this team is stuck in neutral and pretty soon will start rolling backwards.

I agree 100% with Derrick ward in that Schaub is not the guy. I think we need a change there. I just don't feel it with Matt. Along with some other tangible things. I don't think that deep down everyone with the team has confidence in him either. They'll say it publicly, but I see it. They know that if the other team steps their game up Matt doesn't have another level to take his game to. They can only wish and hope one of his floaters is snagged out of the air by a receiver making a play. Or we call a screen pass that works to perfection and nets a big gain.

Matt is about as mediocre as they come. Not terrible enough to where he's a glaring blemish, but not good enough to where you see greatness in his play. You have to search the stat book to tell me why Matt is a good qb.

When we get rid of Matt I'd be more interested in the other problems. Until that time, I think we are just spinning our wheels. Every team is going to have holes in the damn. We just can't afford to have a qb that creates more holes and isn't good enough to cover any others up.