Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102095)

TexansSeminole 09-22-2013 02:40 PM

This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

This is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Our RT is terrible and we have no replacement for him. When Duane Brown doesn't play, our LT is terrible. Our QB is below average and has no natural ability to make something out of nothing, which is required with poor tackle play. Our pass defense is going to get exposed by good passing teams.

We'll be lucky if we go .500. We are extremely lucky to be 2-0 and not 0-2 given the way we've played thus far. There is no indication that this team will be getting better as the season progresses, actually quite the contrary as injuries happen.

eriadoc 09-22-2013 02:43 PM

Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Nah. I'm as down on Schaub as anyone, but he's above average and the team is better than 8-8.

Mr teX 09-22-2013 02:47 PM

Here we go...

amazing80 09-22-2013 02:47 PM

stupid thread and its even more stupid that you prefaced youre stupid thought with, this is not a knee jerk reaction :kubepalm:

TexansSeminole 09-22-2013 02:49 PM

I guess you guys aren't watching the same team I am. This team is not good at all. We can stop the run and we can run the ball. That's all we got. It's not a knee jerk reaction because we are 10 quarters into the season.

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansSeminole (Post 2214109)
This is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Our RT is terrible and we have no replacement for him. When Duane Brown doesn't play, our LT is terrible. Our QB is below average and has no natural ability to make something out of nothing, which is required with poor tackle play. Our pass defense is going to get exposed by good passing teams.

We'll we lucky if we go .500. We are extremely lucky to be 2-0 and not 0-2 given the way we've played thus far. There is no indication that this team will be getting better as the season progresses, actually quite the contrary as injuries happen.

Yeah, because posts declaring the season over when a team is 2-0 15 minutes after a pick six are NEVER knee-jerk reactions.

Mike

thunderkyss 09-22-2013 02:49 PM

T-Sizzle

NGata

Those guys are going to get theirs. Foster, Andre, & OD need to get theirs... Tate, Brown, & Myers need to get a little too.

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 02:50 PM

JJ Watt is incredible.

That is all.

Mike

TexansSeminole 09-22-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanmike02 (Post 2214124)
Yeah, because posts declaring the season over when a team is 2-0 15 minutes after a pick six are NEVER knee-jerk reactions.

Mike

Prior to the pick-six, we had about 50 passing yards.

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 02:52 PM

Challenge that. Ball is moving until he gets out of bounds.

Mike

Texecutioner 09-22-2013 02:54 PM

I definitely think this is pre-mature to declare this team as an 8-8 team already. There are good things we have seen this season like the fact that this team has the ability to fight to come back in games and we now have a #2 WR. AJ is playing great and our RB's are looking pretty good with this competition sort of going on.

The OP definitely makes some strong points though. To act like nothing he said has any accuracy at all is simply ignoring things because you don't want them to possibly be true. We could have very easily entered this game 0-2. Glad we didn't and we got some hard fought wins, but we've got some problems that we need to fix for sure.

Mr teX 09-22-2013 02:56 PM

First problem is to open it up more...period.

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 02:58 PM

I will agree that these refs are at best a 3A highschool crew.

Mike

drs23 09-22-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2214142)
I definitely think this is pre-mature to declare this team as an 8-8 team already. There are good things we have seen this season like the fact that this team has the ability to fight to come back in games and we now have a #2 WR. AJ is playing great and our RB's are looking pretty good with this competition sort of going on.

The OP definitely makes some strong points though. To act like nothing he said has any accuracy at all is simply ignoring things because you don't want them to possibly be true. We could have very easily entered this game 0-2. Glad we didn't and we got some hard fought wins, but we've got some problems that we need to fix for sure.

That is a sure thing. Why hasn't he had any targets yet? It's impossible to see the whole field during the broadcast but I don't recall Nuk being targeted yet. Did I miss it? Has he been?

drs23 09-22-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanmike02 (Post 2214154)
I will agree that these refs are at best a 3A highschool crew.

Mike

A *flag happy* bunch they are. Most 1/2 penalties in NFL history. Dayum.

Texecutioner 09-22-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2214188)
That is a sure thing. Why hasn't he had any targets yet? It's impossible to see the whole field during the broadcast but I don't recall Nuk being targeted yet. Did I miss it? Has he been?

He had one good catch earlier, but you're right he hasn't been targeted a lot. Not sure why without being able to see the full screen.

TexansSeminole 09-22-2013 03:40 PM

Baltimore isn't even very good. Their passing game isn't much to deal with, yet they've been effective without much of a running game.

We still have the NFC West, the Pats, the Broncos, and the Colts twice to deal with.

ATXtexanfan 09-22-2013 03:42 PM

Average qb and average hc = 8-8. Its that simple fellas. Next up sea and sf.

Tailgate 09-22-2013 03:45 PM

lol. i was worried that today was going to unfold this way. Hardly anyone was giving Baltimore any respect around here for the Ravens front 7, and the Duane Brown injury was THE WORST timing with this stretch coming up. Now its knee jerk meltdown mode for the next month.

Rey 09-22-2013 03:47 PM

It's so hard to check out, but damnit I want to.

At the moment I'm trying to decide if the next two games will be losses or embarrassing losses.