Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Browns want Ben Tate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102092)

Playoffs 09-22-2013 11:58 AM

Browns want Ben Tate

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:

Browns covet Texans free-agent-to-be RB Ben Tate. Should Cleveland land Tate, it would have him and Indy's first-rd draft pick in place of Richardson.

mattieuk 09-22-2013 12:03 PM

Re: Browns want Ben Tate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2213689)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

*Puts fingers in ears*

I can't hear you I can't hear you..lalalalala.

I hate the idea of losing Tate - especially with Arian's indifferent start to the season.

DocBar 09-22-2013 12:05 PM

This was the 1st thing I thought when I saw the news

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 12:18 PM

Won't he be an RFA?

Mike

Texanmike02 09-22-2013 12:20 PM

Love American Express' "Big brother is here to help you" commercial with video cameras watching us. Great....

Mike

TexanSam 09-22-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanmike02 (Post 2213743)
Won't he be an RFA?

Mike

Texans won't be able to afford him anyway. He's going to get starters money from some team.

NCTexan 09-22-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2213753)
Texans won't be able to afford him anyway. He's going to get starters money from some team.

QFT

We knew that going into this season though.

Texecutioner 09-22-2013 12:41 PM

They can have Foster instead.

silvrhand 09-22-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2213824)
They can have Foster instead.

trade foster, sign Ben for less. gain a first round pick for a QB.

silvrhand 09-22-2013 01:07 PM

Horrible.. call..

TheIronDuke 09-22-2013 01:12 PM

We've got Tate's replacement in Cierre Wood. If we can get a first for Tate I'd pull the trigger but that's the least I'd consider.

Texecutioner 09-22-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrhand (Post 2213925)
trade foster, sign Ben for less. gain a first round pick for a QB.

Me likes your thoughts here.

DocBar 09-22-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2213980)
We've got Tate's replacement in Cierre Wood. If we can get a first for Tate I'd pull the trigger but that's the least I'd consider.

Why would they trade for him when they can just sign him in the offseason? Cleveland is looking to stockpile draft picks.

TheIronDuke 09-22-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2213990)
Why would they trade for him when they can just sign him in the offseason? Cleveland is looking to stockpile draft picks.

Yeah, I completely misread the original post. They've been wanting Tate for years now if the reports are true so they'll go hard for him in free agency.

Rey 09-22-2013 01:31 PM

Trade them Arian.

bash 09-22-2013 01:38 PM

Be happy with what we give you and play chris obenaya (sp)

Hervoyel 09-22-2013 01:38 PM

I keep Arian and trade Tate. We draft another next year and start over. I seem to be alone in thinking that Tate has nowhere near the kind of elusiveness and vision that Foster shows.

Wood could step into Tate's shoes right now and he wouldn't be that big a drop off. Besides we seem to be casting off pieces due to salary cap issues left and right. A team doing that is going to need to replace those pieces with less expensive draft picks in order to keep up. Time to part with Tate and fill another need.

amazing80 09-22-2013 01:49 PM

Browns didn't just trade their beast rb for a first to turn around and give it away for tate lol

DocBar 09-22-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2214105)
I keep Arian and trade Tate. We draft another next year and start over. I seem to be alone in thinking that Tate has nowhere near the kind of elusiveness and vision that Foster shows.

Wood could step into Tate's shoes right now and he wouldn't be that big a drop off. Besides we seem to be casting off pieces due to salary cap issues left and right. A team doing that is going to need to replace those pieces with less expensive draft picks in order to keep up. Time to part with Tate and fill another need.

But you have to have a partner to make a trade. Why would anyone trade for Tate when they know they can have him as an RFA in the offseason? What team do you see out there with playoff expectations that would trade for Tate? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

badboy 09-22-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2214129)
But you have to have a partner to make a trade. Why would anyone trade for Tate when they know they can have him as an RFA in the offseason? What team do you see out there with playoff expectations that would trade for Tate? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Because Smith floats he is talking to other teams about Tate trade before deadline.