Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Watch Texans Games in a Movie Theater? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102063)

ensign_lee 09-20-2013 09:36 AM

Watch Texans Games in a Movie Theater?

Hey y'all,

I swore I remember hearing something about a movie theater here in town that dedicates one of their screens to the the Texans game every Sunday. Does this actually exist? And if so, where? :D

Figured if anybody would know, it would be someone on here. :)

infantrycak 09-20-2013 09:47 AM

Re: Watch Texans Games in a Movie Theater?

Studio Movie Grill in City Centre has done it and so has Alamo Drafthouse but I don't know if they are currently.

2012Champs 09-20-2013 10:22 AM

AMC does it for big boxing matches like mayweather for 10.00 a person might call them and see if they host as well

NastyNate 09-20-2013 12:39 PM

Star Cinema grill does it, full bar too.

ensign_lee 09-20-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyNate (Post 2212827)
Star Cinema grill does it, full bar too.

Sweet. Thanks NastyNate!

mmwest 09-21-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensign_lee (Post 2213069)
Sweet. Thanks NastyNate!

You are correct! I just e-mailed the one in Clear Lake and they said they do.

76Texan 09-21-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmwest (Post 2213334)
You are correct! I just e-mailed the one in Clear Lake and they said they do.

I've been to that one and another one on the opposite side of Houston, in Rosenberg. It was a few years ago. Both times, the crowd was not into it at all; perhaps people feel like they are in a movie theater and don't want to be loud. They were subdued, really. I don't think the venue lends itself to football viewing. I'd rather go to a sports bar, go to a friend's house, or stay home.

mmwest 09-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2213339)
I've been to that one and another one on the opposite side of Houston, in Rosenberg. It was a few years ago. Both times, the crowd was not into it at all; perhaps people feel like they are in a movie theater and don't want to be loud. They were subdued, really. I don't think the venue lends itself to football viewing. I'd rather go to a sports bar, go to a friend's house, or stay home.

I appreciate the advice. Then again the Texans are the chit and the talk of the town these days so the atmosphere may have changed.