Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Redeisgned NFL logos (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102050)

gwallaia 09-19-2013 03:35 PM

Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Another one of these things.

The Tampa Bay, Washington and Atlanta logos are the coolest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in&hpt=hp_bn15

DBCooper 09-19-2013 04:43 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 2212526)
Another one of these things.

The Tampa Bay, Washington and Atlanta logos are the coolest.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in&hpt=hp_bn15

Hate to say it, but I like the Titans one.

Double Barrel 09-19-2013 04:56 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
I liked the Bills, Titans, Vikings, and Raiders redesigns.

The rest ranged from meh to wtf on my scale of redesign.

Cool thing to see, though, and have to give props to the artist for taking the time to re-imagine them all just for the fun of it.

EllisUnit 09-19-2013 05:13 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
I dont like them, the remind me of NFL europe logos for some reason, and our looks like the Chicago bulls logo

Showtime100 09-19-2013 05:36 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Didn't like most of them but I do like to see these redesigns done for the pure fun of it.

All in all pretty cool, but I'll stick with the Texans as-is...lol.

Giant Tiger 09-19-2013 06:38 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Tampa Bay & Minnesota are cool, but I can't figure out Pittsburgh's. Don't like Green Bay's & the Giants.

axman40 09-19-2013 07:51 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/ar...650&h=434&q=85
Not Bad

thunderkyss 09-19-2013 08:12 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 2212542)
Hate to say it, but I like the Titans one.

That is tight

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/ar...650&h=432&q=85

JPPT1974 09-19-2013 09:59 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Really nice as they are so cool! All of them!

gwallaia 09-20-2013 09:54 AM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Another cool article on NFL logos.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...logo-much-more

Showtime100 09-20-2013 10:38 AM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Thanks for posting this stuff, Greg. I've always kept a close eye on uniforms from all sports and for the longest time I thought I was one of very few. I even took a lot of crap from women, girlfriends/wives, about the fact that I paid such close attention to them. They thought it was somehow strange for a sports-loving straight guy to keep such a close eye on "fashion" as they would put it.
I'm still trying to get used to the Steeler's "modern" numbers on their jerseys for crying out loud. I hate them and wish they would go back to the larger block numbers.

Great stuff.

(P.S. Don't get me started on the Rockets)

EDIT: This evaluation of the Jags helmet got a laugh out of me.....

Uni Watch: 2013 NFL preview

Quote:

The problem, unfortunately, is that every football uniform starts with the helmet, and the Jags are now wearing the worst helmet design in NFL history. Half black and half gold, half matte and half glossy, it looks like someone started spray painting it and then wandered off to get a beer halfway through the job.

Hervoyel 09-20-2013 11:38 AM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
I'm a sucker for these kind of articles even though most of the time I'm not crazy about what they come up with. Mostly I just find it interesting to see another take on a team's identity. I thought the Texans logo was bad but I really like the Buc's logo in this one. They should buy that and adopt it immediately.

infantrycak 09-20-2013 11:42 AM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2212826)
I'm a sucker for these kind of articles even though most of the time I'm not crazy about what they come up with. Mostly I just find it interesting to see another take on a team's identity. I thought the Texans logo was bad but I really like the Buc's logo in this one. They should buy that and adopt it immediately.

Pretty much my take. I liked the Browns and Titans. The interlocking letters for the Giants and Packers just didn't work and WTF was Pittsburgh.

PapaL 09-20-2013 11:44 AM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Tampa looks like something One Eyed Willy would have used in The Goonies.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/ar...650&h=432&q=85

htownfan32 09-20-2013 02:58 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Raiders and Buccaneers were sick. Ours is a little too Chicago Bulls-ish but it's my current desktop background. :dancer:

gwallaia 09-20-2013 04:45 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Instead of looking at all these cool alternate logos, lets design them ourselves.

I propose we get 32 message board members to redesign one NFL logo. Each member that signs up will be randomly assigned an NFL team. No choosing of teams. After everyone is signed up, we set a one week deadline to submit a logo.

Anyone interested?

Double Barrel 09-20-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Now we just have to find 30 more suckers...errr....willing artists.

cuppacoffee 09-20-2013 05:49 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2212832)
Tampa looks like something One Eyed Willy would have used in The Goonies.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/ar...650&h=432&q=85


Something from a Johnny Depp movie.

:coffee:

Showtime100 09-20-2013 07:32 PM

Re: Redeisgned NFL logos
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 2213020)
Instead of looking at all these cool alternate logos, lets design them ourselves.

I propose we get 32 message board members to redesign one NFL logo. Each member that signs up will be randomly assigned an NFL team. No choosing of teams. After everyone is signed up, we set a one week deadline to submit a logo.

Anyone interested?

I wish I had photoshop. I would LOVE to give that a try.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger