Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who does Nuk remind you of? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102036)

TexansRule1 09-18-2013 08:39 PM

Who does Nuk remind you of?

Is Nuk one of a kind? His ball skills remind of Randy Moss or Lynn Swann, but without the same high end speed. Maybe, an AJ Green.

Thoughts?

dream_team 09-18-2013 08:55 PM

Re: Who does Nuk remind you of?

This one is easy for me, I always compared his game to Larry Fitzgerald.

TexansBull 09-18-2013 09:11 PM

Myself.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

ubecool454 09-18-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2212174)
This one is easy for me, I always compared his game to Larry Fitzgerald.

I think you are looking at hair style. I see more Moss than Fitzgerald but to be honest Hopkins is just Hopkins.

Texecutioner 09-18-2013 09:16 PM

Who the hell is Nuk?

JCTexan 09-18-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2212188)
Who the hell is Nuk?

Deandre Hopkins. His nickname is Nuk.

Carr Bombed 09-18-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansRule1 (Post 2212165)
Is Nuk one of a kind? His ball skills remind of Randy Moss or Lynn Swann, but without the same high end speed. Maybe, an AJ Green.

Thoughts?

I don't remember Lynn Swann being all that fast... He was just a leaper with great body control, so that's not a horrible comparison.

Quote:

It's not just the little-known players, either.

Lynn Swann and John Stallworth became Steelers because of the diligence of scouts to get decent 40 times in 1974. Neither was considered fast for a wide receiver, but today their 4.6 times might put them in the middle of the draft or maybe not at all.

Coach Chuck Noll liked everything about Swann except the 4.7 times.

"Coach Noll was right," said Art Rooney Jr., then the Steelers' player personnel director. "He said the guy can't run. He really liked him and he said, 'Get a good time.' "

So Rooney arranged to time Swann on the West Coast. Swann ran a 4.55. That was good enough for Noll.

Stallworth, too, did not run particularly fast when timed on the grass field at Alabama A&M. Scout Bill Nunn took his stopwatch and went back down to time him in a different spot.

"I took him to another field near the school," Nunn said. "I got him in 4.58, 4.6, 4.62."

Nunn convinced Noll that Stallworth would last until the fourth round because other scouts had times above 4.7 on him.
http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20010420nfldraft2.asp

aussie_texan 09-18-2013 10:18 PM

good chad johnson

76Texan 09-18-2013 10:28 PM

http://img.wallpapergang.com/27proce...ar%20movie.jpg

DocBar 09-18-2013 11:00 PM

Nuk reminds me of Boldin. He just gets it done.

The Texans have never had the QB on the field, in a regular season game, that would make Swann a HoF'er. It takes large huevos to put the ball up in the places Bradshaw did, in the coverages he did.

Allstar 09-18-2013 11:23 PM

Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Roddy White, Anquan Boldin. Also Batman.

jppaul 09-18-2013 11:51 PM

With his body control and ability to high point the ball he reminds me of a less speedy A.J. Green. Not quite as physically imposing as Firzgerald but if goes up he is coming down with it.

htownfan32 09-19-2013 12:40 AM

I remember I was trying to decide between Cordarelle Patterson and DeAndre Hopkins as my 1st round mock draft picks. ICak and I got into it a little bit and he mentioned Reggie Wayne as a bit of a comparison to Hopkins, and that seems clearer than ever to me now having seen him play.

False Start 09-19-2013 01:14 AM

Dread Head

gcates 09-19-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie_texan (Post 2212243)
good chad johnson

Are you implying that Chad Johnson wasn't good...or just making a distinction between the "good" and "bad" Chad Johnson?

In reference to the OP, I'd say watching him play brings to mind Torry Holt, to be honest.

aussie_texan 09-19-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcates (Post 2212281)
Are you implying that Chad Johnson wasn't good...or just making a distinction between the "good" and "bad" Chad Johnson?

In reference to the OP, I'd say watching him play brings to mind Torry Holt, to be honest.

im implying the good chad johnson. i.e. when the chad was firing he was very hard to stop. physically they possess similar attributes and there ability to locate and get the ball anyway in their vicinity is very similar

TdotTexas2Step 09-19-2013 06:54 AM

I'd say the good Chad Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Reggie Wayne comparisons are probably the best so far.

I can see why the OP brought up Moss' ball skills, especially since from what Hopkins showed last game, but personally Moss' still has the superior skills and thus not a fair comparison. And even though you didn't bring up Moss' other attributes, it's tough to compare the two without bringing up Moss' height and speed.

PapaL 09-19-2013 06:55 AM

Chuck Norris - because Nuk doesn't catch the football, the football flys to Nuk and rests gently in his hands.

Carr Bombed 09-19-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2212262)
Nuk reminds me of Boldin. He just gets it done.

The Texans have never had the QB on the field, in a regular season game, that would make Swann a HoF'er. It takes large huevos to put the ball up in the places Bradshaw did, in the coverages he did.

Actauly a lot of those throws were pretty safe as they were along the sideline and high, either swann was going to come down with it or no one was. Seeing the limted time that we've seen between Hopkins and Schaub so far it already looks like he has more trust in Hopkins to make those types of catches. The guy almost never threw the fade to Andre.

jaayteetx 09-19-2013 08:57 AM

Why is his nickname Nuk?