Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102032)

robroy72 09-18-2013 06:21 PM

Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

1st round pick

How long until he gets injured again?

dream_team 09-18-2013 06:27 PM

Re: Colts get Trent Richardson from Browns

Insane!!! What does it say about TRich, that the Browns were willing to deal him for a mid first rounder.

dtran04 09-18-2013 06:30 PM

Runningbacks just aren't worth high picks anymore. Quite the gamble by the Colts.

jaayteetx 09-18-2013 06:30 PM

Screw the Dolts, that is all.

Tailgate 09-18-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2212056)
Insane!!! What does it say about TRich, that the Browns were willing to deal him for a mid first rounder.

Says the Browns want that franchise QB in 14.

Wolf 09-18-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2212060)

I still don't know why they drafted early a 27 year old qb a couple of years go

robroy72 09-18-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2212060)

They have 2 picks in rounds 1,3 and 4... should be able to stock up a few positions, not just qb.

Playoffs 09-18-2013 06:35 PM

Awww, man. Sucks for us, sucks for my fantasy team.

Very smart move by the Browns, IMO, as running backs are a commodity now.

A bit early for the Colts, who need to upgrade their lines.

LikeMike 09-18-2013 06:36 PM

This could be huge for the Colts - if only they had a good O-Line... I don`t know, I am pretty unsure what to think about this trade. It makes the Colts better, and we know what T-Rich can do (something that can`t be said about 1st round draft picks), but it is a hefty price. They finally got their next Edge and if he can stay healthy, he will help them a lot.

TheMatrix31 09-18-2013 06:38 PM

Asinine.

Who cares if the Browns are stockpiling picks? What gives anyone any indication that they'll use them well?

Luck and Richardson, eh? I'm sure Watt and Cushing will be up to the task. They damn well better be.

ATXtexanfan 09-18-2013 06:38 PM

Yawn

Carr Bombed 09-18-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeMike (Post 2212065)
This could be huge for the Colts - if only they had a good O-Line... I don`t know, I am pretty unsure what to think about this trade. It makes the Colts better, and we know what T-Rich can do (something that can`t be said about 1st round draft picks), but it is a hefty price. They finally got their next Edge and if he can stay healthy, he will help them a lot.

What exactly has he done in the NFL? Honestly I'd rather take the unknown 1st round pick.

Richardson has had VERY pedestrian numbers so far in his short career.

texanhead08 09-18-2013 06:44 PM

This looks like the Colts are desperate.

ObsiWan 09-18-2013 06:45 PM

Hmmm... this guy was supposed to be a cornerstone of a rebuilding Browns team... WTH??

Something's up.

do we have spies that haunt any Browns' msg boards??

Mr teX 09-18-2013 06:53 PM

WTF?

This dude wasn't that bad just didnt have alot around him & he was injured a little too much...the last thing we need to deal with in this division.

LikeMike 09-18-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 2212070)
What exactly has he done in the NFL? Honestly I'd rather take the unknown 1st round pick.

Remember that he plays for the Browns - they are playing from behind a lot, and you don`t run the ball when the other team is up 20 points. But 11 TDs is not pedestrian for a rookie, and he showed a lot of promise. His 3.6ypc average might not look like that much, but it is alright for a rookie.

Carr Bombed 09-18-2013 06:54 PM

This trade makes me wonder what we could get for Ben Tate, because honestly when he's healthy and his mind is right, I like him a lot more than Trent Richardson.

TheMatrix31 09-18-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 2212070)

950 yards, 11 rushing TDs and 51 receptions for almost 400 yards and a TD is pretty damn nice for a rookie. Especially one with an overall garbage offense in Cleveland.

htowntexans1985 09-18-2013 06:56 PM

Trent Richardson is in elite company...only three
rookie RBs ever with 250+ carries and 3.6 ypc or
less. (Ricky Williams, Errict Rhett)

Man. Lol! Nice job ponies!

Carr Bombed 09-18-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2212079)
950 yards, 11 rushing TDs and 51 receptions for almost 400 yards and a TD is pretty damn nice for a rookie. Especially one with an overall garbage offense in Cleveland.

He had a lot better offensive line in Cleveland than what he's going to have in Indy.. There have been other backs who played on crap offenses and could post more than just 3 100 yard games and better than a 3.6 YPC average. He's a bruiser, but can't hit the long ball. Reminds me of a richer man's Ron Dayne. I think he can help them, but he isn't worth a 1st round pick in a trade.