Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   What is status of D Brown (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101987)

gafftop 09-15-2013 09:08 PM

What is status of D Brown

Maybe I have missed something. Is he OK?

dream_team 09-15-2013 09:09 PM

The status of his injury? Or his play? I'd like to know why his play has regressed so far this season.

Allstar 09-15-2013 09:10 PM

Re: What is status of D Brown

He came back in and played well.

CretorFrigg 09-15-2013 09:10 PM

He came back in, and he looked fine.

TejasTom 09-15-2013 09:23 PM

He said someone fell on his leg and his ankle and toes hurt when it happened.

Playoffs 09-15-2013 09:35 PM

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
Quote:

It was Duane Brown's ankle that was hurt in the game. Still played on it. Same one he had surgery on June 3. Will have it further evaluated.

DocBar 09-15-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2210574)
The status of his injury? Or his play? I'd like to know why his play has regressed so far this season.

Brown has an injured ankle and he came back n and played very well.

Brown isn't the only LT to have a rough game against Freeney. Don't panic over one poor game from him.

CloakNNNdagger 09-15-2013 09:52 PM

Ankle injuries can at times not immediately demonstrate significant performance deficiency, especially if immediately wrapped. However, within 48 hours when swelling has been given a time to develop, the physical effects can change and present dramatically. Let me remind you that Brown was already listed with an "ankle" on the injury report, making it somewhat more concerning. At this point, an MRI will probably be performed tomorrow to make a definitive decision on the presence or absence of additional damage. We should know more after that......maybe.

Seegara 09-15-2013 09:58 PM

Without our great left tackle we would have to start a more mobile QB. Somebody like the one who's 3rd on the depth chart.

DocBar 09-15-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2210612)
Ankle injuries can at times not immediately demonstrate significant performance deficiency, especially if immediately wrapped. However, within 48 hours when swelling has been given a time to develop, the physical effects can change and present dramatically. Let me remind you that Brown was already listed with an "ankle" on the injury report, making it somewhat more concerning. At this point, an MRI will probably be performed tomorrow to make a definitive decision on the presence or absence of additional damage. We should know more after that......maybe.

The play that the injury occurred on didn't seem awful. He was rolled up by the LG but it didn't seem to really catch his leg caught in the turf.

CloakNNNdagger 09-15-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 2210619)
The play that the injury occurred on didn't seem awful. He was rolled up by the LG but it didn't seem to really catch his leg caught in the turf.

It doesn't take much to turn a simple ankle sprain to high ankle sprain...........just a little twist while your cleats catch in the turf. Let's hope that is not the case.

EllisUnit 09-16-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seegara (Post 2210618)
Without our great left tackle we would have to start a more mobile QB. Somebody like the one who's 3rd on the depth chart.

i dont know, the 3 plays that harris filled in for him he did a great job. clean pocket. Plus Brown has been getting man handeled lately. I heard he dropped some weight in the off season but lord 5 pounds shouldnt make that big of a difference.

IDEXAN 09-16-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

OK, but don't you think TJ has as much mobility and would also be as effective in boots as Keenum ?

Seegara 09-16-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2210729)
OK, but don't you think TJ has as much mobility and would also be as effective in boots as Keenum ?

No, as a matter of fact, I don't/

2012Champs 09-16-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

:toropalm:

HJam72 09-16-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2210575)

Well, then it's a good thing. Man's ankle was too healthy, needs some pain to get his $^!+ together.

76Texan 09-16-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2210885)
Well, then it's a good thing. Man's ankle was too healthy, needs some pain to get his $^!+ together.

LOL, tough love! :ant:

BullNation4Life 09-16-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2210575)

he played, can't say he played "well"

I don't know what is happening to Brown this year but he is getting beat far more than he use to. DE was in the backfield allot Sunday...

Big Lou 09-16-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullNation4Life (Post 2211000)
he played, can't say he played "well"

I don't know what is happening to Brown this year but he is getting beat far more than he use to. DE was in the backfield allot Sunday...

I sure wouldn't want to be the one that had to tell him that........

CloakNNNdagger 09-16-2013 05:26 PM

Kubiak this afternoon said Brown has a "toe sprain."

Translation..........TURF TOE.