Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101934)

EllisUnit 09-12-2013 09:57 PM

Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame

Pffffffff yeah Freaking right....... Thats like putting David Carr in the Hall of Fame.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-hall-of-famer

Quote:

ďBesides the playoffs, one thing I would like to accomplish is to be considered in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I realize there may be some hard feelings about me moving the team to Nashville, but I truly feel my body of work Ö

ďI donít like tooting my own horn. But at my age, and now being the senior NFL owner, there is no one from back in those days than can really speak up for me now. I really feel this year could be a year I get serious consideration after 53 years. Iím sure hoping thatís the case.Ē
Besides the play-offs ??? Are you freaking kidding me.

TEXANRED 09-12-2013 10:03 PM

Re: Bud Adams in the Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2208312)
Pffffffff yeah Freaking right....... Thats like putting David Carr in the Hall of Fame.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-hall-of-famer

Besides the play-offs ??? Are you freaking kidding me.

I hate Bud Adams for screwing Houston, but what he did for the AFC and the NFL he deserves to be there.

EllisUnit 09-12-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANRED (Post 2208316)
I hate Bud Adams for screwing Houston, but what he did for the AFC and the NFL he deserves to be there.

If adams hadnt left, then we wouldnt have one of the most bad ass logos in the nfl :)

brakos82 09-12-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Can we at least wait until he's dead just to spite him though? :kitten:

gwallaia 09-12-2013 10:55 PM

**** Bud Adams.

EllisUnit 09-12-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 2208345)
**** Bud Adams.

Well said....Watch and learn from G here guys. He knows what he's talking about ;) !

jaayteetx 09-12-2013 11:10 PM

See sig.

Showtime100 09-12-2013 11:16 PM

He deserves to be there. I hate it, but he deserves to be there.

He even needs his own room there....that way we all visiting the HOF wouldn't catch his disease(s).

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...YC3lq0OKcg.jpg

I so hate that man. :bat:

NastyNate 09-13-2013 12:21 AM

I rarely let people get a free parking spot in my brain via hatred, but he earned one. There aren't enough four letter words in the alphabet to truly describe my opinion of that "man". **** him.

False Start 09-13-2013 08:23 AM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...V/buddevil.jpg

eriadoc 09-13-2013 08:34 AM

Time has softened my view on the team moving, because I feel like Houston is way better off now. We ended up with a better team and a better owner, so it was worth the times that were bleak, IMO. Houston loves football, but it's so much better to love a team like the Texans over the Oilers. That said, I don't see what he's done to earn a spot in the HOF. I mean, does the mere fact that he bought one of the original AFC teams mean he's deserving of the HOF? That's it? It's not like he started this franchise and then built this storied history. He basically has an also ran team. The Oilers had a few good years and of all the people responsible for the failures of the team, he's one of the biggest culprits. He fired the best coach in team history at the pinnacle of the team's success. He meddled with players and coaches, he fought the fan base, and he generally fostered a culture that wasn't conducive to winning. If you took the same collection of talent from the seven year run of playoff appearances and stuck them in Pittsburgh, Dallas, or hell, even Cincinnati, they would have at least gone to the Super Bowl.

He should be the first inductee of the Hall of Infamy.

Texan_Bill 09-13-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

What did he do for the AFC? Well other than often being the doormat for the AFC.

His role in the formation of the AFL is overstated. It was Lamar Hunt that convinced Pud to start a franchise in Houston after Pud had shown interest in buying the NFL Cardinals and moving them from Chicago.

I don't think the owner of a franchise with a .492 winning percentage now in their 53rd or 54th season warrants said owner to be in the HOF.

In fact this POS should have an express ticket to the Hall of Shame.

**** you Pud Adams!!

disaacks3 09-13-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Yep. Sad, but true.

Texan_Bill 09-13-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 2208439)
Yep. Sad, but true.

Not really Dan. A lot of revisionist history in his role in the formation of the AFL.

ChampionTexan 09-13-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2208436)
What did he do for the AFC? Well other than often being the doormat for the AFC.

His role in the formation of the AFL is overstated. It was Lamar Hunt that convinced Pud to start a franchise in Houston after Pud had shown interest in buying the NFL Cardinals and moving them from Chicago.

I don't think the owner of a franchise with a .492 winning percentage now in their 53rd or 54th season warrants said owner to be in the HOF.

**** you Pud Adams!!

That's where I stand. I know what Lamar Hunt, Al Davis and Ralph Wilson did to get the AFL going and to facilitate the merger. Beyond having money, and living in a football crazed city in a football crazed state, I'm pretty much unfamiliar with the contributions of K.S. "Bud" Adams.

Seriously, if there's genuine contributions to the cause that I don't know about, I'd love to find out what they are, because I love hearing about the history of the AFL. It's just that with all I've heard, and all I remember, his name doesn't come up much in that regard.

pissknocker 09-13-2013 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2208334)
If adams hadnt left, then we wouldnt have one of the most bad ass logos in the nfl :)

Instead we would have this

Mr teX 09-13-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

pretty much..../ thread

Hervoyel 09-13-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2208436)

**** you Pud Adams!!

Founding member no less.

I try not to think about him much because the Oilers/Texans "break" sucked and I've never really been able to buy into the Texans like I did the Oilers. It's a childhood/nostalgia thing I guess and the Texans and Bob McNair are clearly better in every possible way. No argument there.

It's just that the Oilers were my team and now they don't exist. The Texans will most likely always be a work in progress for me to embrace completely.

Texan_Bill 09-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2208493)
Founding member no less.

I try not to think about him much because the Oilers/Texans "break" sucked and I've never really been able to buy into the Texans like I did the Oilers. It's a childhood/nostalgia thing I guess and the Texans and Bob McNair are clearly better in every possible way. No argument there.

It's just that the Oilers were my team and now they don't exist. The Texans will most likely always be a work in progress for me to embrace completely.

No doubt, but so were the owners of the Boston Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Buffalo Bills, New York Titans, Raiders and Broncos.

*EDIT*

Oooops and the real hero of the league, Dallas Texans owner Lamar Hunt.

disaacks3 09-13-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2208442)
Not really Dan. A lot of revisionist history in his role in the formation of the AFL.

However you want to slice it, he's a co-founder of the AFL, the announcement literally came from HIS office, not Hunt's. The Billy Cannon deal is one of the things that helped convince the NFL that the AFL was a serious contender for talent.

I won't invite the man to dinner anytime soon, but he held a pivotal role in the formation of "today's NFL".

If Art Modell, (who had rabid fan support in Cleveland and moved anyway) can be considered for the Hall, then why not Adams? Sure, the Oilers moved, but fan support had grown non-existent. Last Browns home game attendance? - 55,875 Last Oilers home game attendance? - 15,131 The Browns had a worse record to boot.

Revisionist I'm not. I may hate the man for the way he handled things in H-Town (from demanding upgrades we're still paying for to moving anyway, to not releasing the Oilers name), but he still helped make the league what it is.