Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   San Francisco 49ers game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101897)

TexasMade5717 09-11-2013 12:12 PM

San Francisco 49ers game

There's a few of us going to this game and I know it will be a popular one amongst traveling fans. Should we just get on the Facebook Traveling Texans page to find out the happenings? Thanks.

dream_team 09-11-2013 12:44 PM

I live in San Jose, so I'll be going to the game for sure! Unfortunately, I'm going with about 10 of my 49er-fan friends.

Bert Orange 09-11-2013 03:00 PM

Re: San Francisco 49ers game

I'll be attending my first road game in SF and can't be more pumped for a long overdue away trip! Saw how awesome the SD fan pic looked and decided I had to be a part of the traveling team. No idea what to expect, but I'm sure looking forward to it.

Red-eye United flight home is either going to be euphoric or disasterously painful!

Mimayer1985 09-11-2013 03:34 PM

It was painful for me coming back from sd but there was plenty of alcohol in me and no sleep. Thank goodness I got way better flights from sf. It will be another crazy trip and actually more fans than in sd which is a whole lot. Be sure to pack steel blue

disaacks3 09-11-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 (Post 2207699)
It was painful for me coming back from sd but there was plenty of alcohol in me and no sleep. Thank goodness I got way better flights from sf. It will be another crazy trip and actually more fans than in sd which is a whole lot. Be sure to pack steel blue

Can't be overstated, Red and White will disappear into the SF crowd.

Edit: After seeing some hurt feelings on FB over this, let me emphasize that wearing the "correct" jersey has nothing to do with your level of fandom. If you've only got Red/White, by all means wear them! If you've got all three, it's a no-brainer to dress in a color missing from the other teams' pallette.

Definitely Check in on the Travelin Texans FB Page.

I'll be in LE27. :texflag:

Bert Orange 09-11-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 2207710)
Can't be overstated, Red and White will disappear into the SF crowd.

Edit: After seeing some hurt feelings on FB over this, let me emphasize that wearing the "correct" jersey has nothing to do with your level of fandom. If you've only got Red/White, by all means wear them! If you've got all three, it's a no-brainer to dress in a color missing from the other teams' pallette.

Definitely Check in on the Travelin Texans FB Page.

I'll be in LE27. :texflag:

Almost pulled the trigger on 27 (row 38), but was lucky enough to score a couple seats lower (row 16) in LE37 so I took them.

Mimayer1985 09-11-2013 10:39 PM

I'm in lr44 row 6 I know a group in row 1 of the sec next to that. As for the fb thing my buddy was right about distinguish yourself if u can I climbed to the top of the stadium and got an awesome shot but it could of been even better

Shaft75 09-12-2013 12:59 AM

I'll be in LE27 as well... ROW 1 baby! That's just how I roll!

Steel Blue has to be the Jersey at this venue. This trip may cost like $3k, but well worth it when the Texans beat the 9ers!

:swatter:

:texflag:

disaacks3 09-12-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaft75 (Post 2207921)
I'll be in LE27 as well... ROW 1 baby! That's just how I roll!

Steel Blue has to be the Jersey at this venue. This trip may cost like $3k, but well worth it when the Texans beat the 9ers!

:swatter:

:texflag:

Right behind you in row 2! Look for the guy with the Red/Blue striped face...if I can convince my best friend to do the work! :kitten:

TexanDave 09-12-2013 08:55 AM

I will be wearing my blue Andre jersey in section LR42 row 4

TexanDave 09-12-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 (Post 2207877)
I'm in lr44 row 6 I know a group in row 1 of the sec next to that. As for the fb thing my buddy was right about distinguish yourself if u can I climbed to the top of the stadium and got an awesome shot but it could of been even better

I was impressed by the number of Texans fans in San Diego and hope there is even more in San Francisco.
Can you share your pic from the top of the stadium?

Texanator 09-30-2013 09:27 AM

Does anybody have a link for the Traveling Texans FB page?

disaacks3 09-30-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanator (Post 2219293)

Public Group - https://www.facebook.com/#!/travelingtexans

Showtime100 09-30-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanator (Post 2219293)

https://www.facebook.com/travelingtexans

Texanator 09-30-2013 12:29 PM

Thanks for the link guys!

Showtime100 09-30-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanator (Post 2219445)
Thanks for the link guys!

Your welcome. It's a great page to see all the pics taken at the games. I never knew about that kissing statue at the USS Midway Museum in San Diego. Kind of cool but sort of eerie at the same time.

I guess I'm an old fart that is used to seeing statues of people looking like statues, that statue of people looked like......people....25-foot-tall people! :D

dream_team 10-02-2013 03:27 PM

I'll be at the game. Anyone worried about getting harassed? SF fans are known to not be very friendly to visiting fans. A Dodger fan got stabbed a couple of weeks ago at a Giants game. And my friend that went to the Colts game in SF said there were multiple fights everywhere involving Colts fans.

APulido 10-03-2013 06:29 AM

Wasn't worried until I heard about the stabbing.
Is anyone meeting somewhere before the game.

dream_team 10-04-2013 11:53 AM

I polled some of my buddies that are 49er season ticket holders, in regards to wearing Texans gear. They were all pretty consistent in their answer. I should be ok as long as the Texans lose. If the Texans win, they say to take off the jersey before walking back to your car. There will be drunk idiots looking to take out their anger on someone, and opposing fans are the common choice. Combine that with it being a night game, it may be more difficult for security to help out.

Be safe everyone, because the Texans WILL WIN this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free